{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Notts County tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Notts County tickets

Postby tinman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:56 am

Attendance 6478. It's always less than the majority of fans estimate
First Stags Match Stags 0 Crewe 0, 14th September 1974
tinman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:48 am

Iliketrains wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:
Iliketrains wrote:What is the 'wonk'? Keep reading it and still got no idea what it is. Anyone care to enlighten me please? :oops:

Sort of homophones. One Call= Wonk Hall. Some people started using the second term when the sponsorship of the stadium was first announced and have shortened it to just Wonk.
Personally I still refer to the ground as Field Mill, but do acknowledge that the sponsorship has helped us get to the financial position we are now in while still abiding by financial fair play rules.

Yeah i kind of like that. Wonk Hall. Gives the place an air of eccentric poshness. :lol:

I'm like you Halifaxstag. I always use the 'traditional' names for grounds regardless of sponsorship unless that ground is a mundane new build with no history that can change it's name at the whim of anyone with a few quid. Like the B2Ne.......sorry, Proact. ;)

Accrington will always be the Crown Ground to me and not the WHAM Stadium and Field Mill will always be Field Mill.

Good lad/lass
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:53 am

Some people still refer to it as Field Mill eg EMT Quest Radio Florist!
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:59 am

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:25 am

Spiritater wrote:
Iliketrains wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:
Iliketrains wrote:What is the 'wonk'? Keep reading it and still got no idea what it is. Anyone care to enlighten me please? :oops:

Sort of homophones. One Call= Wonk Hall. Some people started using the second term when the sponsorship of the stadium was first announced and have shortened it to just Wonk.
Personally I still refer to the ground as Field Mill, but do acknowledge that the sponsorship has helped us get to the financial position we are now in while still abiding by financial fair play rules.

Yeah i kind of like that. Wonk Hall. Gives the place an air of eccentric poshness. :lol:

I'm like you Halifaxstag. I always use the 'traditional' names for grounds regardless of sponsorship unless that ground is a mundane new build with no history that can change it's name at the whim of anyone with a few quid. Like the B2Ne.......sorry, Proact. ;)

Accrington will always be the Crown Ground to me and not the WHAM Stadium and Field Mill will always be Field Mill.

Good lad/lass

It will be remembered as Field Mill, it is the One Call Stadium now, I think the bloke who saved the club from certain oblivion with his millions deserves that.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby HU7stag » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:35 am

Dan wrote:I might have dreamed it but i'm sure it stemmed from Doomy's mum who thought the ground was called the Wonk Hall which is where it all started from. Please correct me if I'm wrong Doomy.

I think it was Nico's mum whom misheard him and called it Wonk Hall and the rest is history! Nico, as you were probably aware, was a moderator on this forum. I think he's still comes on here now and again.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:55 am

Looking at the county ticket site it would suggest just over 800 have been sold (providing they are being sold in numeric order).
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:58 am

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Iliketrains wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:

Good lad/lass

It will be remembered as Field Mill, it is the One Call Stadium now, I think the bloke who saved the club from certain oblivion with his millions deserves that.

Factually you are correct. It is the One Call Stadium now and will be referred to as the One Call Stadium in media / advertising circles and i've no issue with that at all. Like you say, Mr Radford has put his money in and can call the stadium what he likes and good on him. I simply stated that it will always be Field Mill TO ME personally speaking. Mr Radford wishes Field Mill to be called the One Call Stadium and i wish it to be called Field Mill. The tone of your post suggests to me that you believe i have a problem with the renaming of the ground which, as explained above i do not.

It's simply personal preference.
Last edited by Iliketrains on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Conker » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:59 am

One call stadium at Field Mill.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:02 am

Conker wrote:One call stadium at Field Mill.

:lol:

That solves it Conker. :D
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:18 am

Iliketrains wrote:

You need to take a chill pill train track, you don't know me and whatever you think my post earlier infers is locked up in your head, don't be so sensitive about things that don't really matter.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Iliketrains » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:21 am

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Iliketrains wrote:

You need to take a chill pill train track, you don't know me and whatever you think my post earlier infers is locked up in your head, don't be so sensitive about things that don't really matter.

Fair enough Mr Grimsdale. My point still stands but i appreciate i might have got the wrong end of the stick so apologies for that.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:34 am

Iliketrains wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Iliketrains wrote:

Fair enough Mr Grimsdale. My point still stands but i appreciate i might have got the wrong end of the stick so apologies for that.

:thumbup:
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:36 pm

We are on a great fun and they are quite the opposite. It’s our main local derby at home this year and will have been 3 weeks since a home league game too. Anything less than 7000 would be a poor showing in my opinion.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:33 pm

As yet county haven't sold their initial allocation
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:00 pm

I have two tickets for sale.
One Adult and one Senior ticket. Adult is £11 and Senior is £9.
I think you would get away with a child using the Senior ticket.
Adult : QLE block D row M84
Senior: QLE block D row M85.
Would prefer to sell both. DM if interested.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:53 pm

I’m just happy that Bruce Forsyth no longer calls the quarry lane end the south stand . That really used to wind me up .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:11 am

It literally is the one call stadium at field mill.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:50 pm

Conker wrote:It literally is the one call stadium at field mill.

Yes I think some may have missed that Conker :lol:

I call it the Mill, always have and I suspect like most will never change - however, I agree with the owner having his company attached to the grounds name given all he has done for us. At least he has had the class to keep Field Mill in the title as well as call the Quarry Lane End by its name, not the South Stand (though I think this was changed before JR took over?).
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:09 pm

Rough guide as it stands:

IGL A - NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE
IGL B - 120
IGL C - 44
IGL D - 9
IGL E - 16
IGL F - NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE
IGL G - NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE
IGL H - NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE

IGU J - NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE
IGU K - 9
IGU L - 1
IGU M - SOLD OUT
IGU N - 1
IGU P - 13
IGU Q - 4
IGU R - 210

Q LANE
A - FAMILY BLOCK TICKET OFFICE ONLY
B - FAMILY BLOCK TICKET OFFICE ONLY
C - 54
D - 94
E - 92

Assuming each unavailable block seats 350, and each family block 300. Equates to 2,350.

Available tickets - 667.

Assuming notts county sell out and capacity available is 9,250 that would suggest an attendance currently in the region of 6,200.

(9,250 - 2,350 - 667) = 6,233.

Caveat being any tickets sold in unavailable blocks / family block will increase the attendance offset by unsold county tickets in the away end. - County look like they have sold just under 900 tickets so far.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:32 pm

Have County seriously not even sold 1000 tickets? That is laughable if true.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:39 pm

Stoney wrote:Have County seriously not even sold 1000 tickets? That is laughable if true.

Just going based on the ticket number allocated when pretending to buy a ticket. At roughly 880.

They haven't openly requested any further tickets above their initial allocation either so unless they have a late surge it could be quite a contrast to last season.

Quite poor support from a team who think they should be in the championship.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:42 pm

What was their initial allocation? Around 1100?
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:54 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Stoney wrote:Have County seriously not even sold 1000 tickets? That is laughable if true.

Just going based on the ticket number allocated when pretending to buy a ticket. At roughly 880.

They haven't openly requested any further tickets above their initial allocation either so unless they have a late surge it could be quite a contrast to last season.

That's hilarious :lol:
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:21 pm

ParisStag wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

That's hilarious :lol:

;) They removed the numbers now , must be embarrassed
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum