{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Iron chickenfeed scorefred sponsored by The Young Ones

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Iron chickenfeed scorefred sponsored by The Young On

Postby stagsfan6493 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:53 am

Great result for DF, Dempster and the youngsters who played some minutes! Looking forward to seeing people jump on the bandwagon as soon as we have a sniff of Wembley!
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:11 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:Great result for DF, Dempster and the youngsters who played some minutes! Looking forward to seeing people jump on the bandwagon as soon as we have a sniff of Wembley!

We took 25,000 in '87 fantastic day with half the town, how many do you think went to the earlier rounds? :roll: :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:21 am

I did went to Middlesbrough and Chester lol
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:57 am

Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:Cracking game, youngsters can be proud of the way they played. Law, Smith and Gibbens the pick. Just stick that 10k in the bank. How's the win percentage looking now :lol:

About 30%. Don't cream yer pants just yet. ;)

I think our win percentage this season is higher than that Sneag, now he has had chance to at least make the squad partly his own. So, do you still want him sacked? Still want to follow the County/Cheaterfield model? I don't.

We're in the play-offs, beaten only twice all season, playing great football, blooding promising youngsters and yet you remain curmudgeonly. Still, if it, er, makes you happy ;)

35% in the league, improving but not that great yet if we're looking for a top 3 finish.

The deafeat rate is fantastic.

At the moment we are 3 points ahead of where Orca had us this time last season, but we won game 18 & 19, so still too close to get carried away.

What I would say is that the football this season has been mostly excellent and that if we are still neck & neck with Evan's points to game ratio going into the last quarter of the season, then we will sustain a promotion push. I don't foresee this squad going hari kari at the death like last season.

A couple of solid additions to the squad in January we could be golden.

And yes Rob, I still would have sacked him last season. Gross negligence gets you the sack in most walks of life but JR is a patient boss and so far DF is repaying that patience.

Gross negligence

Bwahahahaha
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:58 am

Enjoyed the game. The young players made a good account of themselves with the future looking bright. It’s good to see all the hard work and planning put in by all concerned over the recent years starting to produce ‘green shoots’.

Though I have to agree with Edwinstowe Stag about Logan.

Shame about the attendance.

Sat next to Old Ram Stag who, after the equaliser was half way through his usual ten minute monologue about snatching a draw from the jaws of victory, win rates, manager stood with his hands in his pocket etc when the winner went in. Still didn’t stop him moaning though. :lol:
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:59 am

Chander Lear wrote:I still think Anderson should be in the squad

my opinion is purely based on a footballing decision and not what has gone off behind the scenes

he was steady last year but hardly pulled up any trees , I don't think we are missing him .
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:19 am

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:38 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:

my opinion is purely based on a footballing decision and not what has gone off behind the scenes

he was steady last year but hardly pulled up any trees , I don't think we are missing him .

You are right but only as a first teamer. He would still be a good option as cover for anywhere on the right handside and should occupy one of the 7 bench places.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:52 am

Chander Lear wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

You are right but only as a first teamer. He would still be a good option as cover for anywhere on the right handside and should occupy one of the 7 bench places.

I would prefer a youth teamer on the bench than someone who is potentially on a lot of money.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:57 am

Chander Lear wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Personally i think he's far too pricey to keep as 'cover' bud. I realise he's costing ££ for effectively doing nowt, but nobody knows the reason why he's being singled out and it may be completely justified. Many say Ando is a complete professional and blame Flitbit - well, possibly, but so is Davey boy by the look of it. Some decry DF for not trying to build bridges, but same can be said for PA too.
Whatever is slanted at one can easily be done at the other

It won't stop a few of the critics using it as their lance of discontent to launch another lunging attack though. I guess it's one of the main things left in the armoury, seeing as their arsenal is starting to look rather spartan these days! ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:40 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I would prefer a youth teamer on the bench than someone who is potentially on a lot of money.

He is getting paid regardless. There has to be a balance of having enough quality and not throwing a youth teamer in the deep end. touch wood, so far injuries have been quite fortunate fo r us.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:41 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Personally i think he's far too pricey to keep as 'cover' bud. I realise he's costing ££ for effectively doing nowt, but nobody knows the reason why he's being singled out and it may be completely justified. Many say Ando is a complete professional and blame Flitbit - well, possibly, but so is Davey boy by the look of it. Some decry DF for not trying to build bridges, but same can be said for PA too.

It won't stop a few of the critics using it as their lance of discontent to launch another lunging attack though. I guess it's one of the main things left in the armoury, seeing as their arsenal is starting to look rather spartan these days! ;)

Totally agree. i am personally only looking at this from a footballing point of veiw and not a behind the scenes
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:09 pm

If he thought he was being victimised I would guess he would have somebody on his case.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:28 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Anderson is more than good enough to be on the bench and play a part in some games this season. I don't think anybody really knows for sure what's gone off behind the scenes but he should be used, were paying him for nothing ATM.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:59 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Totally agree. i am personally only looking at this from a footballing point of veiw and not a behind the scenes

Hopefully his agent will have lined him up at another club in January.

He will then be playing regularly and we will have wages to fund another striker.

Surely that's best for both parties.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:56 pm

Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:Cracking game, youngsters can be proud of the way they played. Law, Smith and Gibbens the pick. Just stick that 10k in the bank. How's the win percentage looking now :lol:

About 30%. Don't cream yer pants just yet. ;)

I think our win percentage this season is higher than that Sneag, now he has had chance to at least make the squad partly his own. So, do you still want him sacked? Still want to follow the County/Cheaterfield model? I don't.

We're in the play-offs, beaten only twice all season, playing great football, blooding promising youngsters and yet you remain curmudgeonly. Still, if it, er, makes you happy ;)

35% in the league, improving but not that great yet if we're looking for a top 3 finish.

The deafeat rate is fantastic.

At the moment we are 3 points ahead of where Orca had us this time last season, but we won game 18 & 19, so still too close to get carried away.

What I would say is that the football this season has been mostly excellent and that if we are still neck & neck with Evan's points to game ratio going into the last quarter of the season, then we will sustain a promotion push. I don't foresee this squad going hari kari at the death like last season.

A couple of solid additions to the squad in January we could be golden.

And yes Rob, I still would have sacked him last season. Gross negligence gets you the sack in most walks of life but JR is a patient boss and so far DF is repaying that patience.

I agree with most of that, with the obvious exception of the gross negligence comment which is absurd. Had DFs staff, who he himself had recruited, performed so poorly then you might have a point. He has already proved so far this season how different things are with your own squad. To have sacked him after 12 games would have been wrong, we are laughing at County for doing something similar. Happily we have a patient owner not a clown like Nottingham County.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:40 pm

Remember Diamond retired, I heard the club wanted a fee for Anderson in the summer and that along with a big wage put anybody off.

I just wished they were both big enough to solve whatever the problem is so it was not a wasted wage.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:44 pm

Why is this thread now about Anderson and not about those young lads who made their debuts and played with heart, determination and for the shirt. I'd sooner talk about them than PA who has obviously got issues with the manager and will never again represent our club at 1st team level imo.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Old timer » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:30 pm

I was worried for the result when I saw the side we put out but pleased that the youngsters were given a chance and got the win. Good call by the manager. Thought they had more real chances than us but due to some wayward finishing by Scunny and good goalkeeping we somehow went 2-0 up. Seeing Flitcrofts interview afterwards it seems everyone is pulling in the right direction for the future of the club.
Old timer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby m1cksut » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:11 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:Great result for DF, Dempster and the youngsters who played some minutes! Looking forward to seeing people jump on the bandwagon as soon as we have a sniff of Wembley!

you would prefer just 900 to go then, should they get there?
honestly, you "top fans" dont half get boring.
we KNOW, all right, no matter how many games we go to, or how many years we have watched the stags, we will NEVER be as good a fan as you, because we missed the odd game, unlike you, who has either unlimited funds or no life outside of field mill. and has watched every stags game at every level, including under 8s girls with disabilities and the lgbstxdressing multi gender non judgementalist 4th reserve team!
and you know what, IF they get to wembley, i WILL go, and i WILL bask in the glory.
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby manssmooth » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:42 pm

m1cksut wrote:

we KNOW, all right, no matter how many games we go to, or how many years we have watched the stags, we will NEVER be as good a fan as you, because we missed the odd game, unlike you, who has either unlimited funds or no life outside of field mill. and has watched every stags game at every level, including under 8s girls with disabilities and the lgbstxdressing multi gender non judgementalist 4th reserve team!
and you know what, IF they get to wembley, i WILL go, and i WILL bask in the glory.

Really couldn't have put it any better myself :lol: :clap: :clap:
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The One » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:44 pm

manssmooth wrote:
m1cksut wrote:

Really couldn't have put it any better myself :lol: :clap: :clap:

Agreed. Made superfan look silly
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:30 pm

m1cksut wrote:

Brilliant post
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:25 am

Great pics Dan
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext