{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

videos: Crewe game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

videos: Crewe game

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:00 pm

Timi Elsnik scores Mansfield's first goal at Crewe

Timi Elsnik scores Mansfield's second goal at Crewe

Tyler Walker scores Mansfield's third goal at Crewe

Timi Elsnik nearly completes his hat-trick at Crewe

Two great saves by Olejnik at Crewe
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: videos: Crewe game

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:27 pm

Excellent videos and a great night for the memory bank!!
Lets hope we can win again Sat to keep this current up turn going.
From the goals u can see the training coming in within that midfield area and we have the people there to do the business with Mellis Bishop and Elsnik.
Glad Walker got on the sheet he deserves a bit of a break.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag on the Beach » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:44 pm

Great ball from Mellis to Hamilton for Walker's goal, and a great little lay-off from Walker for Elsnik's first.
Stag on the Beach
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:13 pm

What a clever finish by Walker....class!!!
Great football for every goal. Timi is a cracking player, the sort we need to be buying if we are promoted!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:46 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:20 pm

I think Walker's play for Elsnik's second goal was brilliant. Took Roses' flick on, and held off defenders to create space behind. I'd buy that from him every week
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:41 pm

Stag on the Beach wrote:Great ball from Mellis to Hamilton for Walker's goal, and a great little lay-off from Walker for Elsnik's first.

That was the highlight of the highlights. Awesome ball. I read elsewhere on here that Walker’s goal went in off him. I hope the person who posted that will withdraw that.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:05 pm

Mellis looks totally different to the player we knew of old - he's so tricksy! Looks to have a whole new confidence and composure on the ball.

We're starting to see some of the potential of the players brought in by the previous gaffer. Evans picked em, but they were forged by Flitbit.

IF we can continue this improvement I can see this season just getting better and better. Oh, and Flitbit out! :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:55 pm

My mate is a massive Chelsea fan and was raving about Melli’s over the weekend. He said he was surprised he doesn’t play at a much higher level.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:05 pm

Two great saves by Olejnik at Crewe
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:14 am

That’s how you make a save.....you dive and catch it, not rocket science. It beggars belief that nowadays they are trained to palm it away, even the simplest of catches. Well done Bobby!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:35 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:That’s how you make a save.....you dive and catch it, not rocket science. It beggars belief that nowadays they are trained to palm it away, even the simplest of catches. Well done Bobby!!!

Depends on the situation. For a decent keeper that was a relatively easy save (good height and not travelling too fast). If the ball had been travelling faster then there is more chance for it to ‘wobble’ or swerve so you would push it away either upwards or sideways.
Incidentally there was a situation in the first half when Olejnik caught a cross one-handed. Not recommended but he seemed very comfortable doing it.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:50 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:52 am

halifaxstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:That’s how you make a save.....you dive and catch it, not rocket science. It beggars belief that nowadays they are trained to palm it away, even the simplest of catches. Well done Bobby!!!

Depends on the situation. For a decent keeper that was a relatively easy save (good height and not travelling too fast). If the ball had been travelling faster then there is more chance for it to ‘wobble’ or swerve so you would push it away either upwards or sideways.
Incidentally there was a situation in the first half when Olejnik caught a cross one-handed. Not recommended but he seemed very comfortable doing it.

Agree, there are situations where it needs to punched away, Bobby seems pretty confident making the decisions either way. I was always worried with Logan.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:59 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:

Agree, there are situations where it needs to punched away, Bobby seems pretty confident making the decisions either way. I was always worried with Logan.

The most important thing is you can see the defence trust Bobby, he's made a huge difference in my opinion
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:41 pm

First save was going wide.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum