{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Robins Scorefred sponsored by Lets make it 3 wins in 4

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Robins Scorefred sponsored by Lets make it 3 wins in 4

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:51 pm

I’ll always take an away point.

An injury time equaliser is the sort of thing that promotion teams do
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:54 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
No it isn't.

NO.

Why?

We had a bit of confidence. They have done nothing at home all season. We should be winning that game. Regardless of how we ended up drawing today, that is a game we should have won and should be winning. They are bottom 2. End of.

No such thing as should be winning in this league... bottom two now but who says they will be there come the end of the season?

Would people of preferred it if we lost today?

Some so-called fans would!

Are you calling me out as a 'so-called' fan EdwinstoweStag?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:55 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I’ll always take an away point.

It’s a change from it being done to us, eh?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:57 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I’ll always take an away point.

Old whisky nose would say they win titles. ;)
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:33 pm

We didn't play well today, but our team spirit snatched a point in injury time, and we keep up this great away run. I am happy with that.
Good teams grind out a result even when they don't play well (no matter who the opposition is).
I am also pleased that Tyler Walker looks like he might be hitting some form.
We now need to go and beat Grimsby on Tuesday. ...... and start to establish a consistent win at home:draw away ratio.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Upper West » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:01 pm

Just pointing out there is no such thing as injury time.

It is stoppage time which includes time lost for injuries, substitutions, time wasting plus anything else the referee decides. For example we had a lino stretchered off earlier in the season.
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Postby tuopolfpilf » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:03 pm

AWC I'm sure Edwinstowe spends more time at the Keyboard than watching our beloved Stags
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:59 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:07 am

Very disappointing to not follow up with another victory and although saving the point was good we should not have been in that position at all and at the end of the day although no games is easy or certain but u would have thought we could have beaten Cheltenham if we are serious league 2 promotion hopefuls
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:20 am

A good point for the Stags in the end , well done to Tyler for his two goals .
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:39 am

abc wrote:
madstagman wrote:RE, big guy , I'm stags through and through proberly been going while you were shitting yellow in your nappy what I'm getting at is a point at 2nd placed from bottom of 4th tier football in my Opinion Is not good enough I don't like flip flop but I do hope he succseeds this is my club I support

You are not allowed to say anything negative on here relating to the Messiah, sorry I mean Flipflop.For example don't mention; not having won consecutive games or drawing with the bottom two sides for instance .

When it comes to you ABC, yeah you're dead right! :D :P

Seriously bud, if you actually believe that then don't waste any time in seeking professional help ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Gabriel » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:34 am

Thought I'd share my write-up having gone along as a neutral...

6 Things: http://www.thefootballab.co.uk/2018/che ... ves-stags/
Ratings: http://www.thefootballab.co.uk/2018/che ... ees-shine/

Felt your lot flattered to deceive if I'm honest, plenty of spells of pressure without really creating much - would have Mal Benning and CJ Hamilton among your best players.

All the best for the season.
Gabriel
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:56 am

Could be best point of all season for us.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:18 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
abc wrote:
madstagman wrote:RE, big guy , I'm stags through and through proberly been going while you were shitting yellow in your nappy what I'm getting at is a point at 2nd placed from bottom of 4th tier football in my Opinion Is not good enough I don't like flip flop but I do hope he succseeds this is my club I support

You are not allowed to say anything negative on here relating to the Messiah, sorry I mean Flipflop.For example don't mention; not having won consecutive games or drawing with the bottom two sides for instance .

When it comes to you ABC, yeah you're dead right! :D :P

Seriously bud, if you actually believe that then don't waste any time in seeking professional help ;)

Yep. Undefeated on our league travels for a hundred years One defeat all season. Playing good football for much of the time. An honest and committed manager. A benevolent owner. New training ground. Win the game in hand to put us in the top seven.

A real pit of misery!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:29 am

Gabriel wrote:Thought I'd share my write-up having gone along as a neutral...

Felt your lot flattered to deceive if I'm honest, plenty of spells of pressure without really creating much - would have Mal Benning and CJ Hamilton among your best players.

A strange piece of writing from a blog which won awards 2 years ago. Almost seems that modern sports journalism (he writes for a few places) requires as little information and as much hyperbole in as few words as possible. It seems like one of those write to the local council to ask them to build a skate park activities 8 year olds do at school
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Gabriel » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:58 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:

A strange piece of writing from a blog which won awards 2 years ago. Almost seems that modern sports journalism (he writes for a few places) requires as little information and as much hyperbole in as few words as possible. It seems like one of those write to the local council to ask them to build a skate park activities 8 year olds do at school

I'm sorry you feel that way mate - but would be interested to know which bits of the articles you see as uninformed or hyperbolic.
Gabriel
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:07 pm

Gabriel wrote:

I'm sorry you feel that way mate - but would be interested to know which bits of the articles you see as uninformed or hyperbolic.

The endless use of noun phrases (expensively-assembled opposition, aerially dominant Will Boyle, extremely spirited response), the John and Carolyn Radford would be entitled to question whether they are getting enough bang for their buck comment would point to hyperbole in a short piece.
In terms of ill-informed comments, I said it has minimal information not wrong information when expressing your opinions.
Hope that helps.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Gabriel » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:31 pm

Gabriel wrote:

The endless use of noun phrases (expensively-assembled opposition, aerially dominant Will Boyle, extremely spirited response), the John and Carolyn Radford would be entitled to question whether they are getting enough bang for their buck comment would point to hyperbole in a short piece.
In terms of ill-informed comments, I said it has minimal information not wrong information when expressing your opinions.
Hope that helps.

Genuinely didn’t realize those noun phrases were grammatically incorrect so will look to improve there.

However, I think the point about the squad underachieving - in terms of results, at least - is valid.

There’s plenty of players who have either won promotion from this division or performed well in the one above - thus 5 wins in 16 isn’t good enough, in my opinion.

I would agree that I wish long-form journalism was more prevalent but in my experience, people do not tend to read long-winded arguments these days.
Gabriel
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:47 pm

Correct. I stopped at Genuinely didn't realize
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:55 pm

Gabriel wrote:

Hope that helps.

All that’s missing there is the headmaster’s C-

;)
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Gabriel » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:59 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Gabriel wrote:

Hope that helps.

All that’s missing there is the headmaster’s C-

;)

I think I’d be lucky to get C-!
Gabriel
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Bradders » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:22 pm

With respect to Gabriel, I guess that he isn't a writer by trade so it's probably quite an effort to put the blog together. As we've seen quite often recently, even professional sports journalists struggle to put sentences together so that they can be read easily and are grammatically correct. Plus, we've frequently noticed the most basic factual errors from people who should really know the subject well.
In that context, not a bad effort at a bit of analysis and opinion.
Incidentally, the first couple of facts I checked seemed to be wrong. Craig Davies scored four in one half for Barnsley, not three, and Jacob Mellis only scored twice in 12/13; the top scorer for that season being Craig Davies. That's according to http://www.bfcweb.co.uk (who also could be wrong!).
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Number63 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:00 pm

Thank you for the write up. I enjoyed the read.
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:27 pm

Another disappointing draw for the Stags bearing in mind Cheltenham's league position and the fact that Tyler Walker us a 7th minute lead with a brilliant header. However I was in the end happy to take a point with an injury time equalizer.

The Stags did not really get going in the first half after we had taken the lead. We conceded two sloppy goals. CJ Hamilton did not clear the ball properly which resulted in a Cheltenham corner from which Ben Tozer scored and we then conceded a sloppy 2nd goal just before half time after Bobby Olejnik seemed to let Will Boyle's header slip past him. The referee seemed to miss a clear foul on Jacob Mellis in the build up to the goal. Ryan Broom on the right had a good first half for the Robins. Mansfield's best efforts were when Timi Elsnik and Mal Benning both put shots over the bar and Hayden White created a good chance for Danny Rose after cutting in from the right but the shot was blocked.

David Flitcroft changed to four at the back in the 2nd half which had worked well at Crewe on Tuesday. He moved CJ Hamilton over to the left which was a good move as CJ and Mal Benning combined well down the left to create our best attacks. We really need to keep playing CJ down the left as this is where he is most effective and he does link up really well with Mal Benning. The Stags were much better in the second half and dominated possession. However we struggled to find the quality required to create good scoring chances as Cheltenham defended for their lives and wasted time at every opportunity. They were rightly punished for their time wasting when Tyler Walker scored his injury time equalizer to earn a deserved point. My Man of the Match was Krystian Pearce at the back closely followed by Jacob Mellis who was our best midfield player and Mal Benning. Tyler Walker had a good game up front although he did not have as much of an impact in the 2nd half when he was played out on the right. Danny Rose had one of his least effective games since he returned to the Stags side. Timi Elsnik and Neal Bishop also had quiet games.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum