{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Robins Scorefred sponsored by Lets make it 3 wins in 4

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Robins Scorefred sponsored by Lets make it 3 wins in 4

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:50 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Good away point

No it isn't.

NO.

Why?

We had a bit of confidence. They have done nothing at home all season. We should be winning that game. Regardless of how we ended up drawing today, that is a game we should have won and should be winning. They are bottom 2. End of.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby madstagman » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:52 pm

RE, big guy , I'm stags through and through proberly been going while you were shitting yellow in your nappy what I'm getting at is a point at 2nd placed from bottom of 4th tier football in my Opinion Is not good enough I don't like flip flop but I do hope he succseeds this is my club I support
madstagman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:55 pm

The positivs are our away record is good.

We equalised late on.

Have a game in hand Vs Grimsby.

Wasn't at the game so can't comment on the performance or attitude. Purely on a form basis, Today is points dropped. Especially after going infront.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:58 pm

madstagman wrote:RE, big guy , I'm stags through and through proberly been going while you were shitting yellow in your nappy what I'm getting at is a point at 2nd placed from bottom of 4th tier football in my Opinion Is not good enough I don't like flip flop but I do hope he succseeds this is my club I support

You are not allowed to say anything negative on here relating to the Messiah, sorry I mean Flipflop.For example don't mention; not having won consecutive games or drawing with the bottom two sides for instance .
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:00 pm

The performance was certainly not the best and not a touch on Tuesday, but Cheltenham clearly had a game plan, whereas limited, the pumping balls in the box continuously worked well for them and we struggled to cope.

Really did struggle, but it’s such a lovely feeling to get a really late goal that we probably weee lucky to get, but given bury, given Cambridge, given Colchester it was a point we rightfully deserved given those circumstances.

Given our late goal with late goals conceded for Notts and chesterfield, it’s icing on a largely dodgy showing

4 points from 2 games is a good return, follow that up against Grimsby and happy days
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:09 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:

No it isn't.

NO.

Why?

We had a bit of confidence. They have done nothing at home all season. We should be winning that game. Regardless of how we ended up drawing today, that is a game we should have won and should be winning. They are bottom 2. End of.

No such thing as should be winning in this league... bottom two now but who says they will be there come the end of the season?

Would people of preferred it if we lost today?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:29 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

No it isn't.

NO.

Why?

No such thing as should be winning in this league... bottom two now but who says they will be there come the end of the season?

Would people of preferred it if we lost today?

Some so-called fans would!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:35 pm

abc wrote:
madstagman wrote:RE, big guy , I'm stags through and through proberly been going while you were shitting yellow in your nappy what I'm getting at is a point at 2nd placed from bottom of 4th tier football in my Opinion Is not good enough I don't like flip flop but I do hope he succseeds this is my club I support

You are not allowed to say anything negative on here relating to the Messiah, sorry I mean Flipflop.For example don't mention; not having won consecutive games or drawing with the bottom two sides for instance .

On the flip side, evidently you can't say anything positive about Lucifer reincarnate either. Like mention the good quality football or the high turnover of chances in a game.

We aren't even halfway through the season and people aren't happy because we aren't walking the league by November.

My memory must be failing. I can't remember a side winning a league by November? Infact in Cox's first season with us weren't we around County/Cheltenham's position now and finished 3rd?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby oldnic » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:36 pm

This was against a team that scored 6 on tuesday, that gives confidence. I realise against a team of Arsenal kids, but they would see us as unbeaten away from home. Quite an incentive for them. Good point
oldnic
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:40 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:

No it isn't.

NO.

Why?

We have no Devine right to say we “should” anything. We are Mansfield Town not Man City. We were playing a team away from home who are fighting for their league place and by the way they were only a dozen places below us. We aren’t top of the table you know. End of!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:43 pm

Not a great performance. Too many players went missing . On paper we should be beating teams like that but I think we displayed a lot of character , never gave up and it was good to see Walker continue with the goals . Hard earned point and for me , the way we played , how late it was in the game , it's definitely a point gained .
We moan when we concede late so we should be praising the team on this occasion .
We need to win Tuesday ..Get in the pay off zone and the way we are playing I think we only move up .
Good following by the faithful .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:50 pm

I am very happy to have got a point in the 93rd minute, it makes a refreshing change. We are doing well at the moment, just be glad we are not in County’s dire position. COYS!!
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:02 pm

You don’t know anything about me or how long I have been a supporter, so dont pretend otherwise.

You are a troll in my opinion.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:04 pm

madstagman wrote:Well I'm glad your all happy with a draw against a team 2nd bottom .dick heads

Did you call Childline a lot when you were a nipper ?
Last edited by bellwhiff on Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Ok point. Before the game you would say not, but given the context it was good. Thought Walker shone and was superb throughout. This point will seem much better if we win on Tuesday :coys:
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:08 pm

How anyone can complain about the team and manager is beyond me. We are a well run club getting better all the time and playing attractive football. A point today was a good result in the end in what is a long hard season. I am satisfied where we are and believe me a lot of our neighbours would love to be in our position. Well done Tyler.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:15 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Ok point. Before the game you would say not, but given the context it was good. Thought Walker shone and was superb throughout. This point will seem much better if we win on Tuesday :coys:

IMO he wasn’t superb by any stretch of the imagination. He was ok.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:25 pm

Obviously, before the match nobody would have said that a point would be a good result. But sometimes past form means nothing in a match - how many times have we seen the bottom club in a league beat the top one - plenty. Clearly it's a negative that the team didn't generally perform well today, but no team that's been promoted from this level has performed well in every match.

With ten minutes left I was praying for a draw, and that the team managed it speaks well for their spirit and determination. That's a positive. That Walker is getting goals is another positive. That they've put together a sensational unbeaten run away from home is another positive.

We've just had 5 league matches, 4 away and one home (against one of the best sides in the league - who've won 5 of the last 6 matches, and we were unlucky to get only a draw against them).

The usual wisdom is a top side wins home matches and draws away, which would have given 7 points. 9 points from a possible 15 from that set of fixtures (with no defeats) is a good haul, and something to build on.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:27 pm

Just got back. Would have felt a MUCH longer journey without that late late equaliser.

We looked leggy right from the kick off, quite a few players right off the boil and one or two downright anonymous.

We lacked cutting edge in the final third and there were some frustrating performances all round. (CJ is a constant threat, but PLEASE allocate some time to work one-on-one with a shooting coach!)

However, we never gave up, and ultimately were probably good for our point. We will rarely play as badly this season, and to pick up a point while being so poor is an absolute bonus.

Cheltenham's time wasting and general unsportsmanlike antics were cringeworthy - they desperately needed the win. Unfortunately for them, we had other ideas.

Tyler Walker was superb throughout. Held up the ball well, and his movement off it was fantastic. He fully deserved his two goals, and looks like a man reborn.

We will look back at this game at the end of the season as an example of our never say die attitude and as a good result. It may well be the point that scrapes us into those playoffs come May.

We have still only lost once this season. That in itself is an unbelievable achievement.

Come on you Stags!
Last edited by Random Hero on Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:28 pm

To be honest, I thought we were pretty rubbish today. Unrecognisable from the team I saw at Tranmere.

We deserved a point, especially after their shameful time wasting.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:42 pm

abc wrote:

Wow abc, I'm just pleased we managed a point and saved the rubbish you would have spouted if we had lost.

I suggest you calm down and have a careful and considered look at the current league 2 table.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:43 pm

He’s got issues. I don’t see anything in any of his comments that give any indication that he actually supports the team

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:44 pm

Played crap today ,still got a point nuff said happy days
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:45 pm

CassellsCap wrote:How anyone can complain about the team and manager is beyond me. We are a well run club getting better all the time and playing attractive football. A point today was a good result in the end in what is a long hard season. I am satisfied where we are and believe me a lot of our neighbours would love to be in our position. Well done Tyler.

Well said, Cass
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:46 pm

“Would you take a point today?”

Before the game - NO
After the poor performance - YES

All in all, good point and we move on. We weren’t anywhere near good enough today and nearly paid the price. Absolute carnage at the end with Walker celebrating with the fans which was great to se.

Win on Tuesday and we’re in the top 7. Get behind them, there’s a very long way to go yet.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum