{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Why the Stags will be right up there: Crewe Report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Why the Stags will be right up there: Crewe Report

Postby d3d4 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:29 am

Hi all,

I watched the 3-0 win on the road for the Stags this evening and penned my thoughts here:

http://d3d4football.com/crewe-alexandra-0-3-mansfield-town-match-report/

I hope you find them informative

Thanks
James
d3d4
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Why the Stags will be right up there: Crewe Report

Postby Stoney » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:47 am

Good read. It's Jacob Mellis not Melies.

I also think we're about to come good. We literally just need to finish our chances and we'll be up there with the likes of Lincoln. Our defence is solid, I disagree about Benning but agree we can be weak on the right side of defence whether it is CJ or White playing.

Our three centre halves of Pearce, Sweeney and Preston is unreal at this level.

You only have to look at the stats to figure out how good defensively we are and how hard to beat Mansfield under Flitcroft are. In 16 games we've conceded 10 goals, had 8 clean sheets and lost 1 game. This for me is mainly down to two excellent signings in Preston and Sweeney. On paper we should be missing Rhys Bennett so much who is an excellent defender but we haven't given it a second thought that we've lost him.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:35 am

Harry Kirk should have been booked for his shameful attempt to get White sent off. Stags fans made sure he couldn't forget it though!
Stags defence was run ragged at times and we were lucky to keep a clean sheet.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:42 am

Stoney wrote:Good read. It's Jacob Mellis not Melies.

I also think we're about to come good. We literally just need to finish our chances and we'll be up there with the likes of Lincoln. Our defence is solid, I disagree about Benning but agree we can be weak on the right side of defence whether it is CJ or White playing.

Our three centre halves of Pearce, Sweeney and Preston is unreal at this level.

You only have to look at the stats to figure out how good defensively we are and how hard to beat Mansfield under Flitcroft are. In 16 games we've conceded 10 goals, had 8 clean sheets and lost 1 game. This for me is mainly down to two excellent signings in Preston and Sweeney. On paper we should be missing Rhys Bennett so much who is an excellent defender but we haven't given it a second thought that we've lost him.

Much as i thought, we haven't missed Bennett at all. Sweeney & Preston are both better players without the lapses in concentration & complete brain farts once a game.
James
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum