{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Jacob mellis

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Jacob mellis

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:18 pm

Absolutely ridiculous today. Created everything, worked hard. Along side bishop thats one hell of a CM.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Re: Jacob mellis

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:21 pm

I gave Jacob Mellis MOM for the 2nd consecutive game.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:25 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I gave Jacob Mellis MOM for the 2nd consecutive game.

I couldnt make sat but mates said the same thing.

If he was Blair Sturrock he'd be the architect
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:57 pm

We're finally seeing the best of Mellis. He's come back hungrier than before. I really hope he can do it over the whole season. If he can, I think we'll go up automatically.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:57 am

Yeah, but why he wasn't feeling this settled and producing quality immediately upon DF arriving is baffling & totally inexcusable! What exactly were Jacob & Flitbit doing for those 1st 30 seconds after his appointment!?!?

Sorry, just felt like we're running low on things to blame DF & players for right now, so thought I'd lend a hand replenishing the scapegoat list ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:36 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:Yeah, but why he wasn't feeling this settled and producing quality immediately upon DF arriving is baffling & totally inexcusable! What exactly were Jacob & Flitbit doing for those 1st 30 seconds after his appointment!?!?

Sorry, just felt like we're running low on things to blame DF & players for right now, so thought I'd lend a hand replenishing the scapegoat list ;)

Ask Adam as Kahn is now in the scapegoat mixer
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:51 am

I thought he was excellent again, every bit the player we hoped he'd be when we signed him - he and the Bish make a strong pairing - could probably do with a Tony Lowery type with them when playing 3 central.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:13 am

Hi Jay
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:26 am

Man of the match was difficult last night, but I agree that Mellis has to win it. So influential, and so many quality passes. No tippy tappy stuff!
Bet Crewe fans wish they had him in their squad.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:30 am

Not sure how Macca will get back into the team if Mellis continues like this.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:31 am

Random Hero wrote:Hi Jay

Oh hi
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:31 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:Not sure how Macca will get back into the team if Mellis continues like this.

He won't get anywhere near the side with the way the midfield are playing.

I only think he'll replace OSJ on the bench
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:32 am

Watched the first half on I follow while stuck in traffic and the second half live and i agree he looked quality, 2nd half we seemed to play a 4-3-3 with Bish, Timi and Mellis. That midfield will create chances against anyone.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:37 am

lifestags wrote:Watched the first half on I follow while stuck in traffic and the second half live and i agree he looked quality, 2nd half we seemed to play a 4-3-3 with Bish, Timi and Mellis. That midfield will create chances against anyone.

I heard that some had been let in free at half time. What was the holdup?
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:39 am

Accident on the A50-We was at a standstill for 2 hours. Grateful to have caught any of the game to be fair.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:07 am

Chander Lear wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:Not sure how Macca will get back into the team if Mellis continues like this.

Not sure why we need to be like this... it’s a squad game and Macca is a top player. He would probably agree he’ll have to win a place back due to his replacements playing well. He would walk into most L2 sides so why the underhand comments?
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Big yella » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:31 am

S7AGS wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:

Not sure why we need to be like this... it’s a squad game and Macca is a top player. He would probably agree he’ll have to win a place back due to his replacements playing well. He would walk into most L2 sides so why the underhand comments?

What's underhand about what he has said? In fact he has only said exactly what you have, the midfield are playing well he wont get straight back in, he can see him getting on the bench, where is the underhand comment?
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:36 am

Chander Lear wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:Yeah, but why he wasn't feeling this settled and producing quality immediately upon DF arriving is baffling & totally inexcusable! What exactly were Jacob & Flitbit doing for those 1st 30 seconds after his appointment!?!?

Haha, nice one Jay :D

Khan is hardly a scapegoat, the lad has great potential - has he played his best of late? I think it's fair to say he hasn't quite been there - it happens.

The midfield in general yesterday was excellent all round. I look forward to Khan and others pushing hard for their chance when it comes
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:36 am

S7AGS wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:

How is that an underhand comment. I love Macca. I am just pointing out, that the way the midfield is performing at the moment, Macca wont get in the side..... which he wont. its not a dig at him. Its praise for the midfield and the competition thats in it
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:47 am

adamstag wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:

Haha, nice one Jay :D

Khan is hardly a scapegoat, the lad has great potential - has he played his best of late? I think it's fair to say he hasn't quite been there - it happens.

The midfield in general yesterday was excellent all round. I look forward to Khan and others pushing hard for their chance when it comes

Yes, it's a great headache for the manager. At the moment I prefer Elsnik instead of Khan - he's a little more direct and has a better shot, and Khan does seem a bit out of sorts. But if Timi seems to have run out of ideas then try Otis.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:34 pm

Otis Khan was meant to be our goal scoring midfield player but the goals have dried up for him after a great start.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:15 pm

At the moment, I think our best midfield is Bishop, Mellis & Elsnik. I think they are technically the best and most consistent midfielders that we have.

If we are playing a 3-5-2 system, then Khan and Macdonald might struggle to get in ahead of the 3 mentioned above at the moment. However, thats not to say that they won't have an important part to play this season - Should any of the above get injured/suspended/loss of form, or if we change to a 4-4-2 formation, or as an impact sub.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:10 pm

Bar one bad pass, he bossed it. Energy and drive

No better midfield pairing than him and bishop. What a player
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:12 pm

Fantastic game once again. He and Bishop are unplayable at times in that midfield and that is the difference this season.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:14 pm

london amber stag wrote:Fantastic game once again. He and Bishop are unplayable at times in that midfield and that is the difference this season.

Both are clearly League 1 standard. Mellis has been superb recently.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum