{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Crewe Scorefred sponsored by Keep Our Away Record On Track

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Crewe Scorefred sponsored by Keep Our Away Record On Tra

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:54 am

tuopolfpilf wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:My first experience of watching a game live on iFollow. I quite enjoyed sat at home by a nice warm radiator whilst sampling a few real ales. Good value for £10. Two great strikes by Timi Elsnik gave the Stags a 2-0 lead. It's nice to have a goalscoring midfield player. It was a very open game. Too open for my liking. Crewe had a few decent chances. Matt Preston looked a little uncomfortable playing on the left of a back three but he did make a few vital interceptions/tackles in defence in the first half. Jacob Mellis and Neil Bishop played well in midfield. Danny Rose and Tyler Walker worked hard up front. It was a shame for Tyler that he missed another decent chance that he created himself. Hayden White looked a little off the pace after his lay off.

It was a great move by David Flitcroft at half time to go to a flat back four and release CJ Hamilton on to the left where he linked up well with Mal Benning. Jacob Mellis was on fire. A great pass to CJ Hamilton to give Tyler Walker a tap in for the third goal; and then he played CJ Hamilton in again but CJ missed a great chance to make it 4-0. The game was then over and became a little scrappy. Bobby Olejnik had to make a good save near the end. Krystian Pearce was rock solid in the 2nd half and won everything.

My MOM was Jacob Mellis for the 2nd consecutive game. I think he was involved in all three goals. Timi Elsnik probably comes a close second for his two goals followed by Matt Preston, Krystian Pearce and Neil Bishop.

Up to 9th with a game in hand.

Great summary TTF, In a nutshell IMO

Woohoo Eureeka 4-4-2 We will be running out to the tune, The only way is up!

Yeah because 3-5-2 clearly didn't work as we were only 2-0 up at half time :lol:

MOM has to be Elsnik, two goals, some great passing and made the difference, the others Darren mentioned also had good games
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:03 am

Great win, at 2-0 I thought we could go on and get 6. It felt very similar to the Newport game in that we looked like we cruised it, looked like we had at least 3 more gears and felt like we could score a lot more if we wanted to – but that they had 2 or 3 great chances (like Newport did) and if any of them had gone in then it might have been a bit different. We’re a different team when we have the cushion of a couple of goals rather than just being 1 up.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby manssmooth » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:24 am

[quote="mousemousemouse"]it seems that, over the last few games, we started to shoot more from outside the area instead of trying to walk it in. Taking those chances and having that confidence is going to make the difference between draws and wins.

Last night, we were efficient and effective across the field. A few moments we were caught in possession but that’s league two football.

The next two games are must wins. Lincoln’s form has dipped so that gap is closing. Cheltenham have the worst form over the last 6 games.[/quote]

Said the same thing to my mate on Saturday.

I think if we can combine the two i.e walk ins and pulling the trigger from distance, then we won't be far off.

I like this team, yes we can be frustrating at times, and also exciting at other times, but boring ......never.
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:38 am

Were playing great football, I cant remember it being this good since I was a kid watching greenacre etc.

Keep it up lads, Well done DF. Hes starting to deliver what he said at the end of last season. :coys:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:42 am

Rob wrote:
tuopolfpilf wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:My first experience of watching a game live on iFollow. I quite enjoyed sat at home by a nice warm radiator whilst sampling a few real ales. Good value for £10. Two great strikes by Timi Elsnik gave the Stags a 2-0 lead. It's nice to have a goalscoring midfield player. It was a very open game. Too open for my liking. Crewe had a few decent chances. Matt Preston looked a little uncomfortable playing on the left of a back three but he did make a few vital interceptions/tackles in defence in the first half. Jacob Mellis and Neil Bishop played well in midfield. Danny Rose and Tyler Walker worked hard up front. It was a shame for Tyler that he missed another decent chance that he created himself. Hayden White looked a little off the pace after his lay off.

It was a great move by David Flitcroft at half time to go to a flat back four and release CJ Hamilton on to the left where he linked up well with Mal Benning. Jacob Mellis was on fire. A great pass to CJ Hamilton to give Tyler Walker a tap in for the third goal; and then he played CJ Hamilton in again but CJ missed a great chance to make it 4-0. The game was then over and became a little scrappy. Bobby Olejnik had to make a good save near the end. Krystian Pearce was rock solid in the 2nd half and won everything.

My MOM was Jacob Mellis for the 2nd consecutive game. I think he was involved in all three goals. Timi Elsnik probably comes a close second for his two goals followed by Matt Preston, Krystian Pearce and Neil Bishop.

Yeah because 3-5-2 clearly didn't work as we were only 2-0 up at half time :lol:

MOM has to be Elsnik, two goals, some great passing and made the difference, the others Darren mentioned also had good games

Why are you mocking him ? Obviously Mr Flipflop agreed and we didn't concede, whereas in the first half they cut us to bits a few times and but for woeful finishing should of scored. We were a lot more solid in the second half with 442 but you know best as always Rob.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:59 am

abc wrote:
Rob wrote:
tuopolfpilf wrote:

Why are you mocking him ? Obviously Mr Flipflop agreed and we didn't concede, whereas in the first half they cut us to bits a few times and but for woeful finishing should of scored. We were a lot more solid in the second half with 442 but you know best as always Rob.

Agree,

Excellent tactical change and they couldnt cope with it, where as yes, they created a number of chances when they overloaded the wings at 3 5 2. 100% applause to DF for last night.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:01 am

How do you clap any less than 100%
Is there an 80% clap I don't know how to do ?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:05 am

Captain Cunno wrote:How do you clap any less than 100%

Clinic told me it was 100% clap
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:10 am

tillydog123 wrote:Why has Elsnik not been playing last few games ? brilliant tonight along with Jacob M.

Listen to DF a few posts up he tells you why.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:23 am

Captain Cunno wrote:How do you clap any less than 100%

Easy put your hands together, as if praying, now slide them one finger in opposite directions. The index finger of one hand and little finger of the other hand should now not be touching the other hand. Proceed to clap. You will only be using eight of your ten digits and not all of your palms. An 80% clap.

It's what most of the boards moan monkeys have been doing all season.

Flitcroft out, Flitcroft out, Flitcroft out. :oops: :lol:
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:03 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
abc wrote:
Rob wrote:
tuopolfpilf wrote:

Agree,

Excellent tactical change and they couldnt cope with it, where as yes, they created a number of chances when they overloaded the wings at 3 5 2. 100% applause to DF for last night.

Good tactical change but not sure we ever went 442. Was more like a 433 just after half time with Walker and CJ either side of Rose, the. 451 after Atkinson came on for Walker.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkstag » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:19 pm

I think it was 4 3 3 but what was encouraging was the willingness to adapt.

Crewe are a good footballing side and were definitely getting at us on the wings.

I’ve seen the last 3 away games and believe me we are incredibly well organised and must be a nightmare to play against. Swindon for example was about organisation and guts.

For those who have managed people you will know that when you move from having to tell people what to do ( Evans) to them knowing ( DF) you are making progress

And a special call out for Tyler and Jacob Mellis - both were excellent in a team where everyone played well

With increased attendances a geat youth set up and a talented well organised 1st team it’s a great time to be a Stags fan. It’s a shame some still don’t realise it
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:34 pm

yorkstag wrote:I think it was 4 3 3 but what was encouraging was the willingness to adapt.

Crewe are a good footballing side and were definitely getting at us on the wings.

I’ve seen the last 3 away games and believe me we are incredibly well organised and must be a nightmare to play against. Swindon for example was about organisation and guts.

For those who have managed people you will know that when you move from having to tell people what to do ( Evans) to them knowing ( DF) you are making progress

And a special call out for Tyler and Jacob Mellis - both were excellent in a team where everyone played well

With increased attendances a geat youth set up and a talented well organised 1st team it’s a great time to be a Stags fan. It’s a shame some still don’t realise it

They'll not be happy till JR's pressed Flitcroft's ejector seat button.

If we're not promoted yesterday they're not happy. Their ancestors probably burnt witches for a living.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:06 pm

Spiritater wrote:
yorkstag wrote:I think it was 4 3 3 but what was encouraging was the willingness to adapt.

If we're not promoted yesterday they're not happy. Their ancestors probably burnt witches for a living.

It's a pity so many people don't realise that without differences of opinion a football message board would be dead as a doornail.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:15 pm

Spiritater wrote:

Give it a rest. Just because people weren’t happy with the record we had, which was totally justifiable, doesn’t mean that they aren’t happy when things are going well.

I’ve been a critic of Flitcroft, but I’m buzzing that things look like they are on the up. We’ve achieved nothing yet, we’re still in 9th but we have a good chance now to move up the league and I’ll be delighted if we do, and happy for Flitcroft too! People are behind the team no matter what they do or may have thought of the manager, the simple fact is if results improve everybody has a better outlook and opinions change, if they’re poor people ask questions. Flitcroft has shown he and the team can be adaptable in recent weeks - let’s hope it continues..everybody wants to have a successful season when all is said and done.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:23 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Give it a rest. Just because people weren’t happy with the record we had, which was totally justifiable, doesn’t mean that they aren’t happy when things are going well.

I’ve been a critic of Flitcroft, but I’m buzzing that things look like they are on the up. We’ve achieved nothing yet, we’re still in 9th but we have a good chance now to move up the league and I’ll be delighted if we do, and happy for Flitcroft too! People are behind the team no matter what they do or may have thought of the manager, the simple fact is if results improve everybody has a better outlook and opinions change, if they’re poor people ask questions. Flitcroft has shown he and the team can be adaptable in recent weeks - let’s hope it continues..everybody wants to have a successful season when all is said and done.
That's encouraging and at the end of the day we all want the Stags to do well.

But if we have a blip, for whatever reason, I fear the criticism will be more severe.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:55 pm

it’s very easy to defend him when we are doing well, and same goes to criticising him when we are drawing every week.

Find the middle ground.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:01 pm

Conker wrote:it’s very easy to defend him when we are doing well, and same goes to criticising him when we are drawing every week.

Find the middle ground.

I think that’s the problem. He’s gets the level of critism of a manager who’s on a 5 game losing run.

The main fact for me is we have only lost one leagu game.probably only been outplayed in one game all season and can see improvement each week, plus we’re playing the best football since 2004.

Yet some fans start threads of wanting him sacked.

I just don’t get it.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:16 pm

That’s exactly my point

This is about progress and they say success is about how you deal with failure

Different opinions are fine but some on here are whiners and moaners and if you said to them we are doing well they would say ‘ yes but...’.

I’m sure there are some who must have been devastTed when we won at. Crewe after the MK Dons flack

I can think of one who’s not posting v much and that’s because he has nothing to whine about

Let’s just support our club ... some of the comments made on here about DF historically have in my view been totally unacceptable.

COYD
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:52 pm

Conker wrote:it’s very easy to defend him when we are doing well, and same goes to criticising him when we are drawing every week.

Find the middle ground.

Good point
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkstag » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:33 pm

Its a ridiculous point ...

Its all about supporting ....that helps deliver good results. Do you really think constant criticism help.

There is not a need for middle ground - we are here to support and that is especially important when things are not going well
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:59 pm

yorkstag wrote:Its a ridiculous point ...

Its all about supporting ....that helps deliver good results. Do you really think constant criticism help.

There is not a need for middle ground - we are here to support and that is especially important when things are not going well

Absolutely correct.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:55 pm

Find the middle ground.

Very good point.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:23 pm

abc wrote:

Find the middle ground.

Very good point.

The problem is we don't seem to give managers long enough to set the foundations in order to build success.

Some fans are too quick to criticise and dwell too much on what they see as past failures.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:57 pm

There are two sides to this:
From the appointment of DF we expected play off at least. What happened is documented so will not dwell on it, however he did not cover himself in glory by blowing it

This season my opinion, and some others , was clean slate.

Despite saying we are playing best football in years Khan will rip this league, I went Cambridge and just saw negative football defending a 01 lead for second half and yes yet another draw.

After this game DF's win percent was 20% , which was worse than Cartoon Palmer, so fans were on his back for good reason.

People keep saying we need a goal scorer Murray tried failed, Evans tried failed, and we still need one now to kick on.

The last few games DF has gone offensive from the off and the results show this.

So fans being concerned are now happier, whereby ,previously they were concerned we would languish mid table. That criticism does not mean they do not support the club any less than others, DF budget for team is one of top in league two and play offs should be bare minimum.

People who say he needs this season and next (Rob for one) do not speak for me and some others I am sure, he has January window to strengthen like all managers with resources available.

Fans should not be split into "I am more a fan than you are" and castigated for criticism, we all care/support the team through good bad as Conference years showed.

To conclude without debate this site would be deathly quiet.

Lets all hope for promotion.
The One
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum