{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Plea To Florist!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

A Plea To Florist!

Postby Norman » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:32 pm

Please take back the so called striker you loaned us . He’s not very good and I think he may be playing for Basford Utd next season !
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: A Plea To Florist!

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:38 pm

Knock Norman all you like for his opinions, but I agree, quite simply he isn’t good enough. Been giving him time before commenting but he just isn’t a goalscorer. A penalty and 2 tap ins from 3 yard... surely the supposed big wages he is on could be spent better elsewhere in January? Is anybody happy with what we are getting out of our investment?
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:44 pm

Let's send him back so we've got two experienced strikers and one youth teamer. That's really smart.

Hopefully Davies is fully fit for Tuesday, he needs a run in the team and so does butcher because khan has been off it for a while now
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:45 pm

Thing is we are playing good football and with a decent striker we would be up there . Walker is truly shocking and needs to be sent back. Surely we have better than him within the squad?
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Norman » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:46 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:Let's send him back so we've got two experienced strikers and one youth teamer. That's really smart.

Hopefully Davies is fully fit for Tuesday, he needs a run in the team and so does butcher because khan has been off it for a while now

Walker is a waste of space. A youth team player would offer more!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:47 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:Let's send him back so we've got two experienced strikers and one youth teamer. That's really smart.

Don’t be daft. Nobody is saying send him back and leave us short, the opinion is that money can be spent better elsewhere. He is supposedly on very big wages, are you happy with the return bobby?

I think he is a steady player, he links up quite well sometimes, but we took the risk of paying big wages to him thinking he would be a top marksman in this league and he hasn’t been.
Last edited by BH_Stag on Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:48 pm

He had one great chance early on today with only the keeper to beat, but shot wide. Surely he’s got to at least work the keeper.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:48 pm

Walker stealing a wage n a place in the Stags side....

I rather play Graham n let him develop under the influence of Rose....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:50 pm

BH_Stag wrote:

Don’t be daft. Nobody is saying send him back and leave us short, the opinion is that money can be spent better elsewhere. He is supposedly on very big wages, are you happy with the return bobby?

I think he is a steady player, he links up quite well sometimes, but we took the risk of paying big wages to him thinking he would be a top marksman on this league and he hasn’t been.

of course he could do better, but I don't think he's done THAT bad. He should've scored one of his chances today but he's still trying and think he will come good. Just a slight overreaction to ask forest to recall him and say he'll be playing against basford next season, that's a bit daft isn't it?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:53 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

I think he is a steady player, he links up quite well sometimes, but we took the risk of paying big wages to him thinking he would be a top marksman on this league and he hasn’t been.

of course he could do better, but I don't think he's done THAT bad. He should've scored one of his chances today but he's still trying and think he will come good. Just a slight overreaction to ask forest to recall him and say he'll be playing against basford next season, that's a bit daft isn't it?

I'm not sure that he's contributed any more or any less than Danny Rose in the last two games and he's been a darn sight better than Otis Khan, who's done buggrr all for weeks.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:55 pm

hate to say “ i told you so “ however i told you so 5K a week ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:56 pm

Sneag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

I'm not sure that he's contributed any more or any less than Danny Rose in the last two games and he's been a darn sight better than Otis Khan, who's done buggrr all for weeks.

Khan had a great game against Newport and since then has dropped off, I would give butcher a run out against Crewe on tuesday. He lost the ball so many times today , yet the focus seems to go towards walker who I thought wasn't that bad.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:57 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:hate to say “ i told you so “ however i told you so 5K a week ?

got any proof he's on 5k a week Yorkie? I've heard that too, but no one knows what the players are earning apart from JR, DF and the player themselves

bet khan's on a good wage too, but he's not been pulling his weight recently and has been worse than walker
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:01 pm

Tyler Walker is not living up the hype to be fair, he's capable of getting in a good position to shoot but he needs to make sure he scores them because he has no other attributes that's hes shown us so far - He's not fast, strong or anything so his general play is not up to much.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bmthstag » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:03 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:hate to say “ i told you so “ however i told you so 5K a week ?

got any proof he's on 5k a week Yorkie? I've heard that too, but no one knows what the players are earning apart from JR, DF and the player themselves

bet khan's on a good wage too, but he's not been pulling his weight recently and has been worse than walker

The only thing that matters is how much are we contributing to his wages rather than how much he earns. I’d hazard a guess and say we aren’t paying 100% of his wages.
bmthstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:05 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

Maybe I should be more clear then. I agree with Norman that he isn’t good enough, not that he will or should be playing at Basford next year but I suspect he was making a point.

Lots of players try Bobby. Palmer, Beardsley, Hoban, Spencer, Yussuf, Arquinn, Coulthirst all tried, but they weren’t good enough and I don’t think walker is either having seen him nearly 20 times.

He’s not particularly quick, strong, good at holding the ball up, nor finishing - I’m struggling to see what he’s offering us which is a shame because I really wanted him to do well and fire us up the league but it doesn’t look likely and in my opinion we could get out in Jan and spend better elsewhere. I don’t think it’s a big risk to take that chance either.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:08 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

Maybe I should be more clear then. I agree with Norman that he isn’t good enough, not that he will or should be playing at Basford next year but I suspect he was making a point.

Lots of players try Bobby. Palmer, Beardsley, Hoban, Spencer, Yussuf, Arquinn, Coulthirst all tried, but they weren’t good enough and I don’t think walker is either having seen him nearly 20 times.

He’s not particularly quick, strong, good at holding the ball up, nor finishing - I’m struggling to see what he’s offering us which is a shame because I really wanted him to do well and fire us up the league but it doesn’t look likely and in my opinion we could get out in Jan and spend better elsewhere, and I don’t think it’s a big risk to take that chance either.

in my opinion walker is better than all those strikers you listed , anyway we haven't got many choices to replace walker so best get used to seeing him play unless Davies shoves him out the team
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:12 pm

None of our forwards are hitting the net with regularity are they?

Walker is no worse than any we have.

Despite being a cheat the MK Dons no. 10 looked a decent striker.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:12 pm

Thought Walker did ok today. Tested the keeper early on, should have hit his second effort on target.

Worked hard. Got in behind a few times, linked up well.

Not the 20 goal a season striker we were hoping for though I'm afraid. I'd have put Davies on ten minutes earlier and I'd start with Davies next time out.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:13 pm

I think he's got everything but the goals.

His all round play is good. Great awareness but shanked his chances and should have won us a penalty.

He won't, however, fire us to promotion.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:14 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

He’s not particularly quick, strong, good at holding the ball up, nor finishing - I’m struggling to see what he’s offering us which is a shame because I really wanted him to do well and fire us up the league but it doesn’t look likely and in my opinion we could get out in Jan and spend better elsewhere, and I don’t think it’s a big risk to take that chance either.

in my opinion walker is better than all those strikers you listed , anyway we haven't got many choices to replace walker so best get used to seeing him play unless Davies shoves him out the team

Bobby, do you even get the point being made? I’m saying the money can be better invested elsewhere.... that of course means bringing somebody in in his place. At the minute of course we have no better options. Davies who is always injured and a youth teamer is barely adequate cover but that isn’t the point being made.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:28 pm

We could get someone else in for the same money and he could be worse than walker, or better but right now we obviously have to stick with what we've got. We need more from Rose AND Walker , we all knew we were too light up top before the season even began and hopefully that will be addressed in January.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:39 pm

Strange why Walker does well in higher leagues than this but a Forest friend of mine thinks he’s no better than league 1 standard. That said he was no worse than the other forwards today and the MK defence were pretty good. Danny didn’t win a header really. The biggest thing for me though is confidence within all the strikers.
Why doesn’t Graham get a run out more?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby groundhoppingstag » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:47 pm

Random Hero wrote:Thought Walker did ok today. Tested the keeper early on, should have hit his second effort on target.

Not the 20 goal a season striker we were hoping for though I'm afraid. I'd have put Davies on ten minutes earlier and I'd start with Davies next time out.

All well balanced comments.

But we are still short up front,
groundhoppingstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:11 pm

groundhoppingstag wrote:
Random Hero wrote:Thought Walker did ok today. Tested the keeper early on, should have hit his second effort on target.

All well balanced comments.

But we are still short up front,

True. A goal more in every game and we would be top of the league.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum