{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Plea To Florist!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: A Plea To Florist!

Postby Bradders » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:09 pm

Nobody is"slaughtering" Walker. But we're a bit disappointed so far, both in finishing and apparent commitment. He could at least work on the latter.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:48 pm

Bradders wrote:Nobody is"slaughtering" Walker. But we're a bit disappointed so far, both in finishing and apparent commitment. He could at least work on the latter.

What is the title of this thread then Bradders? I might be wrong but it sounds a bit like......

Also the bloke in Q Block on Sat belching out dogs abuse to the lad...I'm pretty sure he'd have to be 'mutton' not to have heard it.

He has missed some chances of course but if we try flipping it on its head we might get something out of him. I also don't see how anyone can question his commitment, as we simply don't know, although his body language suggests he's struggling a bit. Why not get behind him, it can't hurt, look at how 'getting behind' Olly Palmer has worked for us :lol:
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Bradders » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:40 pm

I meant that nobody sensible is slaughtering Walker! Hopefully tonight he'll look a bit more committed, and show willing to have a go League 2 style.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:46 pm

Fine first half from Tyler. Just needs a goal.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:24 pm

Everyone okay in this thread?x
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:27 pm

Bradders wrote:Fine first half from Tyler. Just needs a goal.

You must be impressed Bradders, being on first name terms like. :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:28 pm

New plea to Forest. Can you take Norman off our hands!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:39 pm

Bradders wrote:I meant that nobody sensible is slaughtering Walker! Hopefully tonight he'll look a bit more committed, and show willing to have a go League 2 style.

Fair point Bradders, no need for the exclamation mark :lol:
I don't care what league style he has a go at, he's put one away this evening.

Perhaps he's had some encouragement tonight?
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:50 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:New plea to Forest. Can you take Norman off our hands!!!

That made me smile :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:23 pm

He certainly won't be on here commenting about how that's more like it from Tyler. Far too busy counting how many years he's been loyally slagging off our team.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:24 pm

He’s a troll. Best ignored
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:16 pm

Quality from tyler tonight and top work rate. Clearly some cofidence issues infront of goal. Fans got behind him tonigh5. Hopefully ignites the goals
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:41 am

Chander Lear wrote:Quality from tyler tonight and top work rate. Clearly some cofidence issues infront of goal. Fans got behind him tonigh5. Hopefully ignites the goals

As I said, he has to help get fans on his side. He did that last night right from the start. Missed a couple but scored one, played brilliantly, 100% effort, top quality, received renditions of his own song. Everyone was happy (except Crewe).
Makes you wonder if someone had told him what we were saying!
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:12 am

Whatever the reason long may performances like that continue.
Just goes to show he CAN do it.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:17 am

scotsstag wrote:Whatever the reason long may performances like that continue.
Just goes to show he CAN do it.

I personally believe he has always lead a line quite well, in terms of his runs etc. Few more converted chances then the forum would have been different
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:47 pm

Just seen his goal from last night. Lovely turn and finish. If that's him low on confidence imagine how good he can be.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:50 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Just seen his goal from last night. Lovely turn and finish. If that's him low on confidence imagine how good he can be.

Just hit him apparently according to some posters.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:58 pm

James wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Just seen his goal from last night. Lovely turn and finish. If that's him low on confidence imagine how good he can be.

There were still people in the stand last night slagging him off, and i'm not even talking about the missed chance.

There was one occasion where rose headed the ball on and it went in another direction to walkers run and went to their defender. Walker has turned, run full pelt at the defender to try and close him down and unfortunately, the defender passed the ball.

Some moron in the stand with specs and a black stags coat with a green badge starting kicking off about how he didnt look interested and he couldn't even be arsed to close the defender down, i just couldn't understand what he was trying to say, as he was infact the only one who looked interest in that particular sequence of play. I literally felt like going to town on him.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:59 pm

I think Walker showed his strengths last night, he's lethal from 1 yard !
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:07 pm

abc wrote:I think Walker showed his strengths last night, he's lethal from 1 yard !
Good play from him set up Elsnik for his first goal.

As did good play from Rose to set up the second.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:11 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
James wrote:

There were still people in the stand last night slagging him off, and i'm not even talking about the missed chance.

There was one occasion where rose headed the ball on and it went in another direction to walkers run and went to their defender. Walker has turned, run full pelt at the defender to try and close him down and unfortunately, the defender passed the ball.

Some moron in the stand with specs and a black stags coat with a green badge starting kicking off about how he didnt look interested and he couldn't even be arsed to close the defender down, i just couldn't understand what he was trying to say, as he was infact the only one who looked interest in that particular sequence of play. I literally felt like going to town on him.

It's the old adage. If you throw a lot of mud at someone some will stick.

These people won't let the facts get in the way of their bias.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:28 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
James wrote:

Same as i had at Cambridge away. A bloke behind me spent all game, literally from the first minute to last, slating Hamilton. I actually asked him if he's happier when we're playing well, or playing badly.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:01 pm

James wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
James wrote:

Same as i had at Cambridge away. A bloke behind me spent all game, literally from the first minute to last, slating Hamilton. I actually asked him if he's happier when we're playing well, or playing badly.

I bet you did
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:30 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
James wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
James wrote:

I bet you did

Get bent.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:33 pm

I thought Walker played well last night, ran the channels well and was always available as an option for the midfielders - spent lots of time receiving the ball with his back to goal around about 30 minutes, holding the ball up. Not sure about lack of confidence, whilst he missed that chance, he definitely didn't look like he feared it.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum