{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

David Mirfin.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

David Mirfin.

Postby geoffhill » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:29 am

Does anyone know how long he will be out for.It seems a long time since he donned a stags shirt.Will he ever play again?
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Re: David Mirfin.

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:34 am

He’s up at fitness flex most days doing light gym work, when I last asked him he said he was looking at December at the earliest to be involved, but that was a couple of weeks ago
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:58 am

Chimney wrote:He’s up at fitness flex most days doing light gym work, when I last asked him he said he was looking at December at the earliest to be involved, but that was a couple of weeks ago

Fitness Flex? Now I can appreciate why you have the body of a sculpted bronze statue of a Greek god, Chimney.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:54 am

Random Hero wrote:
Chimney wrote:He’s up at fitness flex most days doing light gym work, when I last asked him he said he was looking at December at the earliest to be involved, but that was a couple of weeks ago

Fitness Flex? Now I can appreciate why you have the body of a sculpted bronze statue of a Greek god, Chimney.

True. But I only use the sauna and steam room to get rid of the soot from my pores after hard graft
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:29 pm

Chimney wrote:
Random Hero wrote:

True. But I only use the sauna and steam room to get rid of the soot from my pores after hard graft

Bronzed Adonis.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:00 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:22 pm

I hope he reaches full recovery and fitness, as he will be needed.

Nice to hear what he says above the club.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:39 pm

Good luck David , got to be an opening for you when Sweeney returns to Stoke .
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Vice President » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:09 pm

west country stag wrote:Good luck David , got to be an opening for you when Sweeney returns to Stoke .

Doesn't Mirfin's contract run out at the end of this season?
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:10 pm

west country stag wrote:Good luck David , got to be an opening for you when Sweeney returns to Stoke .

Doesn't Mirfin's contract run out at the end of this season?
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:30 am

After all the setbacks he's had & also the club looking after him , i do think he will be offered , maybe a short deal to prove his fitness & then hopefully an extended one .
Good luck David !!
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:06 am

I think injuries like Mirf have had are the beginning of the end. Once he steps up to first team level it'll be just a matter of time before his body breaks down again. I hope I'm wrong but Jonesy, Rhys Day etc were never the same even though they'd different injuries. Sometimes your body just says 'no more please'... unless you're beamed from the future and clearly not human like Bish is. I think Bish is our very own Terminator.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:11 am

Spiritater wrote:I think injuries like Mirf have had are the beginning of the end. Once he steps up to first team level it'll be just a matter of time before his body breaks down again. I hope I'm wrong but Jonesy, Rhys Day etc were never the same even though they'd different injuries. Sometimes your body just says 'no more please'... unless you're beamed from the future and clearly not human like Bish is. I think Bish is our very own Terminator.

I think that is a valid point.

I think it is good the club have looked after him. I also think it will benefit the club in the future. Footballer's talk to each other and are more likely to chose a club where they feel valued.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:30 am

Spiritater wrote:I think injuries like Mirf have had are the beginning of the end. Once he steps up to first team level it'll be just a matter of time before his body breaks down again. I hope I'm wrong but Jonesy, Rhys Day etc were never the same even though they'd different injuries. Sometimes your body just says 'no more please'... unless you're beamed from the future and clearly not human like Bish is. I think Bish is our very own Terminator.

It will probably be the case, but Matty Blair was an exception to the rule and has gone on to better things. I know he’s a lot younger but he has arguably been better since the injury.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:36 pm

Matt Green also had a year out but has come back well.We can only wait and see.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:20 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

It will probably be the case, but Matty Blair was an exception to the rule and has gone on to better things. I know he’s a lot younger but he has arguably been better since the injury.

Yes we got him sorted and then he beggered off :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:36 pm

Mirfin will be 34 in April and given that he won't have played for almost 2 years, it could be a big gamble giving him a new contract. At least we should have a chance to fully assess his fitness beforehand.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:08 pm

Can’t understand why fat lad signed him tbh. His previous don’t look good. Get him fit and give him a chance to move on. Seems harsh but this is reality . Think he’s only ever played once for us?
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:33 pm

Norman wrote:Can’t understand why fat lad signed him tbh. His previous don’t look good. Get him fit and give him a chance to move on. Seems harsh but this is reality . Think he’s only ever played once for us?

Fourteen starts.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Norman » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:36 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Norman wrote:Can’t understand why fat lad signed him tbh. His previous don’t look good. Get him fit and give him a chance to move on. Seems harsh but this is reality . Think he’s only ever played once for us?

Fourteen starts.

Sorry Martin went on Wikipedia stats!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:42 pm

Norman wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Fourteen starts.

Proves how much you watch then......
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Norman » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:45 pm

Alwaysa5tag wrote:
Norman wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Fourteen starts.

Season ticket holder ya bell for 45 years !
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:49 pm

Norman wrote:
Alwaysa5tag wrote:
Norman wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Fourteen starts.

Season ticket holder ya bell for 45 years !

And you only remember seeing him play once last season, obviously you don't take much notice.
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:55 pm

Im sure he was Scunthorpe's player of the season before signing for us
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:00 pm

Sorry Martin went on Wikipedia stats![/quote]

Proves how much you watch then......[/quote]

Season ticket holder ya bell for 45 years ![/quote]

And you only remember seeing him play once last season, obviously you don't take much notice.[/quote][/quote]

Actually only played six home league games from his 14 starts
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum