{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

MK Dons Scorefred sponsored by Match To Savour

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: MK Dons Scorefred sponsored by Match To Savour

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:10 pm

abc wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
abc wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Hamilton at RWB struggled today. Considering a fair few of the MK players were league 1 last season he did ok. Some say we need a striker in January. While I agree out no 1 target must be a RWB. If we could get a player like Luke O'Neil we would be well away.

Our problem this season is we are trying to shoehorn CJ into the side. The only way we could do it would be to have him and Khan behind a lone striker. With cj to the left and Khan to the right.

The problem with that is on days where it doesn't work people will moan we went 1 up top.

Hayden White.

Who is injured and we clearly have no ideal backup option. If we can get a young lad in on loan until the end of the season we would do well.

Paul Anderson

:lol:

Paul Anderson did ok at right back. You really think he's got the pace and stamina to get up and down that wing as a right wing back for 90 minutes? I can't see it myself. We may as well try Conrad Logan there if being right footed is enough.

We need a RWB who is better or equal to Hayden White. We should always be looking to improve on what we've got.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:54 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
abc wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
abc wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Hamilton at RWB struggled today. Considering a fair few of the MK players were league 1 last season he did ok. Some say we need a striker in January. While I agree out no 1 target must be a RWB. If we could get a player like Luke O'Neil we would be well away.

Our problem this season is we are trying to shoehorn CJ into the side. The only way we could do it would be to have him and Khan behind a lone striker. With cj to the left and Khan to the right.

The problem with that is on days where it doesn't work people will moan we went 1 up top.

Hayden White.

Who is injured and we clearly have no ideal backup option. If we can get a young lad in on loan until the end of the season we would do well.

Paul Anderson

Paul Anderson did ok at right back. You really think he's got the pace and stamina to get up and down that wing as a right wing back for 90 minutes? I can't see it myself. We may as well try Conrad Logan there if being right footed is enough.

We need a RWB who is better or equal to Hayden White. We should always be looking to improve on what we've got.

So you think that we need a RWB more than another more potent forward and you laugh at Anderson playing wingback ? It must great living on your planet.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:46 pm

Looks like the whole season will fritter away again due to poor strike rate virtually 1 a game almost
Walker def not answer we need to find this prolific striker soon
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:52 am

Would like the strikers, Rose is particular, to release the ball quicker when holding it up. He takes too many touches at times.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:51 am

tillydog123 wrote:Looks like the whole season will fritter away again due to poor strike rate virtually 1 a game almost

Won't be easy. Several of our managers have tried and failed.

Sometimes you have them but it doesn't happen for you at the time. Kee and Fisher come to mind.

We could send Walker back in January and he could go out on loan to another league 2 club and score many goals.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:57 am

I just wish the forwards would stop trying to score the goal of the season every time they get the ball.

Please just put it in the net. It doesn't matter if it's scrappy just get it on target and some will go in.

I don't want to see overhead kicks that hit the corner flag or 25 yard volleys that hit the North Stand Clock on the half way line. Just do the simple things with a bit of snap and accuracy and we will start to climb.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:24 am

tillydog123 wrote:Looks like the whole season will fritter away again due to poor strike rate virtually 1 a game almost

Where will we find one though Tilly?

Rejects and L2 high scorers Fisher & Palmer are not good enough to put on a Stags shirt. Meanwhile L2 dream signing that many wanted, Dennis, has done nothing.

If Kane hadn't been so high earning I'd have kept him here. I think we'll need a young loan signing from the Prem, but again it'll be a complete gamble
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:25 am

abc wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
abc wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
abc wrote:
Hayden White.

Paul Anderson

So you think that we need a RWB more than another more potent forward and you laugh at Anderson playing wingback ? It must great living on your planet.

It has its ups and downs on Earth, how about yours?

I think it was fairly obvious that Flitcroft could only sign players once he'd sold one. Now diamond has retired its his wage that's freed up. I'd rather we used that money for defensive cover that gambling on yet another striker who probably won't score either. Jordan Graham and Jason Law are 2 youth strikers who appeae to be near 1st team level and you want to push them further down the pecking order on a 4th striker.

The only way we will sign another striker is if Danny Rose leaves or walker returns to forest. We sold Lee Angol because we were too top heavy. We keep having games cancelled because we don't have enough defenders.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:41 am

What an absolutely atrocious performance from CJ yesterday, he couldn't trap a bag of stonedust, it rolled under his foot and out numerous times, despite his pace hardly beat his man, when he did the experienced Lewington showed him the outside and his crosses where straight out or to the first defender.

Some think we don't miss White :shock: :shock:
Last edited by Parkinsons Perm on Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:21 am

What ever the issue is with Anderson, it needs to sorted. Either JR pays up his contract or he bangs their hads together and makes DF & PA work out their issues.

As things stand JR is paying a wage to a guy who is never going to play again, so for his sake he needs to be freed from his contract, plus we have an imballance on the pitch with a left wingrr being shoehorned into covering the RWB position.

It is very poor man management all round.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:28 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Would like the strikers, Rose is particular, to release the ball quicker when holding it up. He takes too many touches at times.

He's normally waiting for Walker to angle into position.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:07 am

Sneag wrote:What ever the issue is with Anderson, it needs to sorted. Either JR pays up his contract or he bangs their hads together and makes DF & PA work out their issues.

As things stand JR is paying a wage to a guy who is never going to play again, so for his sake he needs to be freed from his contract, plus we have an imballance on the pitch with a left wingrr being shoehorned into covering the RWB position.

Thing is Sneagy, if you pay up his contract then where's the money come from to bring someone else in? I suspect this is being protracted for any of 3 reasons:

a) in the hope it will eventually resolve 1 way or another at some point in the future.
b) to make PA 'suffer' by not having a cash windfall and moving on earning elsewhere
c) as the absolute last resort he could be called upon to play the odd match as cover

Letting him go the club loses hands down, so my only guess is this is our way to make sure he doesn't walk away Scott free?

As for youth, we'd all love to see them shine. But we have a contingent of fans who would use their inexperience against both them & DF. Those thinking we should be romping the league would have a field day
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:38 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Sneag wrote:What ever the issue is with Anderson, it needs to sorted. Either JR pays up his contract or he bangs their hads together and makes DF & PA work out their issues.

Thing is Sneagy, if you pay up his contract then where's the money come from to bring someone else in? I suspect this is being protracted for any of 3 reasons:

a) in the hope it will eventually resolve 1 way or another at some point in the future.
b) to make PA 'suffer' by not having a cash windfall and moving on earning elsewhere
c) as the absolute last resort he could be called upon to play the odd match as cover

Letting him go the club loses hands down, so my only guess is this is our way to make sure he doesn't walk away Scott free?

As for youth, we'd all love to see them shine. But we have a contingent of fans who would use their inexperience against both them & DF. Those thinking we should be romping the league would have a field day

What do the club gain by paying him not to play. How does that free up a wage?

It seems the only purpose of keeping him around is to serve as a warning to the rest of the squad what to expect if you cross da management. Which is also counter productive IMO. If he's that disruptive get rid, if he isn't that disruptive then why the raspberry is a half decent cover for right back/midfield being treated like a leper?
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:50 am

We may as well see if someok ewill take him off our hands for free. We pay up his contract then we've paid him for the rest of the season (assuming his deal ends at the end of this season) he can then join a rival for even more money and you know what will happen when he plays against us again!

If we sell him for free (or even a small fee) in January then we only pay him up until he leaves.

I was told that he wanted to play as a right midfielder but Flitcroft wanted to play his current system so they agreed on finding him a move elsewhere but nobody would pay Anderson's wage. How true that is I don't know it's just what I've heard.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:13 pm

Sneag wrote:

It seems the only purpose of keeping him around is to serve as a warning to the rest of the squad what to expect if you cross da management. Which is also counter productive IMO. If he's that disruptive get rid, if he isn't that disruptive then why the raspberry is a half decent cover for right back/midfield being treated like a leper?

I agree to some extent, but what does the club gain by paying up his contract? I suspect this isn't as straightforward as letting him just leave, or we'd have done that already.

Paying him leaves us financially worse off than keeping him here, bud
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:54 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Sneag wrote:

I agree to some extent, but what does the club gain by paying up his contract? I suspect this isn't as straightforward as letting him just leave, or we'd have done that already.

Shirely paying him off, or paying him not to play costs exactly the same?

The only benefit the club can get out of this is having a fully functioning professional footballer on the books contributing to the squad.

The current situation is ridiculous.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:51 pm

Sneag wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Sneag wrote:

The only benefit the club can get out of this is having a fully functioning professional footballer on the books contributing to the squad.

It is ridiculous you are quite right and its all down to Mr Flipflop.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:08 pm

Sneag wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Don't agree bud. By paying up Andersons contract and getting someone else in you're effectively paying double.

Of course that has to be totally DF's fault and nothing to do with player or owner! ;) Maybe DF has requested his contract be settled, but that wouldn't give much rope to our very own version SAS (stags assassination squad) :P
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:19 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Sneag wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Don't agree bud. By paying up Andersons contract and getting someone else in you're effectively paying double.

Of course that has to be totally DF's fault and nothing to do with player or owner! ;) Maybe DF has requested his contract be settled, but that wouldn't give much rope to our very own version SAS (stags assassination squad) :P

Well JR seems happy to effectively burn Anderson's wages every week, so I doubt he'd be that upset about paying a wage for a player that is actually contributing to the cause.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:32 pm

abc wrote:
Sneag wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Not entirely.

I wonder what Anderson and his agent are doing to find another club ?

Surely a professional footballer would want to be playing.

Strange that Atkinson, Rose, Butcher and Diamond's situation has been sorted out.

But I realise abc, you will use every opportunity to blame our current manager.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:45 pm

That’s because he’s a offensive term removed.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:50 pm

bellwhiff wrote:That’s because he’s a offensive term removed.

He’s not that good, belly
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:41 pm

Sneag wrote:

Well JR seems happy to effectively burn Anderson's wages every week, so I doubt he'd be that upset about paying a wage for a player that is actually contributing to the cause.

That's the whole crux Sneagy, I'm afraid we don't know why and can only guess.

Bottom line is, IF Anderson is a disruptive disrespectful influence on the team, I can't see how playing him is good for morale and unity. What message does it give?

I can't say DF is guilt free, likewise I can't implicate him.
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:37 pm

If he’s a disruptive influence then surely it’s better to give him the Spanish Fiddler ASAP.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:36 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:
Sneag wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Not entirely.

I wonder what Anderson and his agent are doing to find another club ?

Surely a professional footballer would want to be playing.

Strange that Atkinson, Rose, Butcher and Diamond's situation has been sorted out.

But I realise abc, you will use every opportunity to blame our current manager.

These players (along with Anderson) were all on the transfer list, but no-one wanted them. One retired, and the other 3 came off the transfer list, only because they couldn't find another club! The situation was hardly 'sorted' ... And it's not DF's fault as much as the players themselves who failed to move themselves on to another club.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum