{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lincoln tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Lincoln tickets

Postby Bradders » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:26 am

halifaxstag wrote:This match will sell out for away fans and for home fans. Against other teams Lincoln have allocated part of the away stand for their fans.

I'll skip this one then. No doubt that the atmosphere will be great, but it all sounds too much hassle. Tickets weeks in advance, traffic problems, early kick-off, full pubs, uncomfortable seats, queues, expense, bother. I'll put up with that if it's the match of the season, but it won't be. Grumpy mode over!
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:08 am

Bradders wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:This match will sell out for away fans and for home fans. Against other teams Lincoln have allocated part of the away stand for their fans.

I'll skip this one then. No doubt that the atmosphere will be great, but it all sounds too much hassle. Tickets weeks in advance, traffic problems, early kick-off, full pubs, uncomfortable seats, queues, expense, bother. I'll put up with that if it's the match of the season, but it won't be. Grumpy mode over!

Are you sure football is for you?
James
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:10 pm

Bradders wrote:It's still a month away!
For a standard league match I tend to make the decision on whether to go, the day before the match - or at least during the preceding week. It depends on what else is happening that weekend, the weather forecast and so on. So I'll probably leave it until the Friday to decide, then get a ticket online. If it's a once-in-a-lifetime FA Cup 5th round match against a full-strength Man United I'd certainly get an early ticket, but for a normal league match like this it's too early to commit.

Does this mean you don’t buy a season ticket
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:01 pm

part time pete wrote:
Bradders wrote:It's still a month away!
For a standard league match I tend to make the decision on whether to go, the day before the match - or at least during the preceding week. It depends on what else is happening that weekend, the weather forecast and so on. So I'll probably leave it until the Friday to decide, then get a ticket online. If it's a once-in-a-lifetime FA Cup 5th round match against a full-strength Man United I'd certainly get an early ticket, but for a normal league match like this it's too early to commit.

Does this mean you don’t buy a season ticket

Ah - I meant "away match". Just on my way to the MK Dons match now, can't miss that! Away matches don't have the appeal they once had, often entailing too much hassle, discomfort and expense.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:46 pm

Got mine today
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:41 am

Got 2 the other day but forgot to ask how sales were going. Anyone know?
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:47 am

ParisStag wrote:Got 2 the other day but forgot to ask how sales were going. Anyone know?

886 left on Stagstickets and we were given approx 1600, so poor sales so far
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:06 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Got 2 the other day but forgot to ask how sales were going. Anyone know?

886 left on Stagstickets and we were given approx 1600, so poor sales so far

Might be to do with the fact that they've gone on sale so early. People know/think they've got a while still to get them.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:34 pm

Might have something to do with the fact we have 3 home matches before then and that Christmas is starting to loom large!
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:46 pm

It's weeks away. We will sell all 1,600.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:03 pm

Just seen on Facebook that the ticket office manager has said, that the above figure is miles out, and that there are less than 200 tickets left!!
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:08 pm

from facebook

Lynn Marie Betts
Hi Jason. The website figure is incorrect. We set away games slightly different to home as we have no seating plans to work on. At a rough guess we have less than 200 left

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2789616 ... %22O%22%7D
(you'll need to be a member of the group to see the thread)
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:21 pm

Sneag wrote:It's weeks away. We will sell all 1,600.

Indeed, in fact if we have a decent run between now and then we'd sell close to double that.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:20 pm

Bradders wrote:

:shock:

Surely this would want to make you go to an away game?

Tickets available weeks in advance - Good as there won't be a huge scramble at 3 days notice.
Traffic problems - Lincoln is a nightmare whenever you go, travel early and enjoy it.
Early kick off - Fair point but it's not miles away so doesn't really change the time you'd have to leave anyway.
Full pubs - Lincoln is a great city, plenty of pubs around and if you don't wear colors you'll be fine. We went to The Square Sail Spoons last year and even though it was the designated Mansfield pub, there was plenty of space.

God forbid we ever get good and play at huge stadiums across the country.
Last edited by Foresttownstag on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Bradders wrote:

It could be a cracker of a game. We’re unbeaten away, they’re strong at home, derby atmosphere, sell out stadium which is a rare thing at Stags games...if you set off early enough it solves most of those reasons not to go.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:45 pm

The cripples could only manage 900
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:54 pm

adamstag wrote:The cripples could only manage 900

They only mustered 400 odd to Port Vale Saturday just gone, a few were on our train.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:22 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Bradders wrote:

It could be a cracker of a game. We’re unbeaten away, they’re strong at home, derby atmosphere, sell out stadium which is a rare thing at Stags games...if you set off early enough it solves most of those reasons not to go.

I went to Crewe instead and very much enjoyed it...last minute decision, no advance ticket necessary. Good stadium. There are plenty going to Lincoln and I've done it before, so I don't mind giving it a miss and I don't feel that my support is needed. I'll listen to the commentary in comfort.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:16 pm

Bradders wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Bradders wrote:

I went to Crewe instead and very much enjoyed it...last minute decision, no advance ticket necessary. Good stadium. There are plenty going to Lincoln and I've done it before, so I don't mind giving it a miss and I don't feel that my support is needed. I'll listen to the commentary in comfort.

absolute barmy you are bradders :lol: Lincoln away and county away are the two fixtures I'm really looking forward to.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby madstagman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:08 pm

Part time supporters
madstagman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Bradders » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:26 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:absolute barmy you are bradders :lol: Lincoln away and county away are the two fixtures I'm really looking forward to.

:lol: Yeah, perhaps I'm getting too old for the excitement!
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:55 pm

For those planning on going via Worksop as far as I know you can’t do so now.

Northern are on strike that day (and every Saturday until the end of the year) so the way to go is via Nottingham
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:56 pm

I'm going to have six.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:24 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:47 pm

I think Lincoln is now sold out, just tried to get 2 for a friend and the website is no longer selling them.

If anyone has 2 spares please let me know.

Panic over, now got 2 tickets
Last edited by Foresttownstag on Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum