{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Robins Scorefred sponsored by DF team comes bobbin along

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Robins Scorefred sponsored by DF team comes bobbin a

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:21 pm

You can keep moaning all you like ABC, but I can't see JR getting rid of flitcroft just yet
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:24 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:You can keep moaning all you like ABC, but I can't see JR getting rid of flitcroft just yet

We'll see .
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:56 pm

abc wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:You can keep moaning all you like ABC, but I can't see JR getting rid of flitcroft just yet

We'll see .

You are such a silly boy
Last edited by EdwinstoweStag on Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:12 pm

abc and EdwinstoweStag - cut it out please; if you want to have a feud, please take it to private messages.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby spanishstag » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:30 pm

Eeh lovely to see a bit of passion amongst us long may the vitriol continue
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby 60+40 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:35 pm

I think we are just trying to do the best of both worlds here, some want a great training facility, some want a new bishop street stand, some want the hotel, some want the best team ever, I think they are doing a great job managing all these things at once here. We will get there once there once all the pieces of they jigsaw come together
60+40
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:01 pm

abc wrote:
Vice President wrote:How long should DF be given? .......... At least until the end of the season. Ian Greaves took 3 seasons to get us promoted! (and he also had some top players at his disposal). Some people need to be a bit more patient.

I see DF as a long term manager, part of the bigger picture, rather than a short term fix/'Steve Evans go for broke' type of manager.

Some people on here believe we have the best squad in the league and that we should be entitled to promotion. That is simply wrong.
Perspective and patience are called for in the wake of expectations from the aftermath of the Steve Evans circus.

These draws are frustrating. I remember Ian Greaves had the same problem, and he slowly but surely made changes that made all the difference. I feel that we could be in the same arena again - and throwing out the baby and the bathwater right now is not the answer.

The team Ian Greaves took over were awful and dropping like a stone. Flipflop took over a team that were flying and managed to balls it all up.
No DF didn't take on a team, he took on a group of expensive individuals who where put together by SE's scattergun recruitment technique.

We are still suffering the consequences.

I don't think SE knew his best team.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:06 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:
Vice President wrote:How long should DF be given? .......... At least until the end of the season. Ian Greaves took 3 seasons to get us promoted! (and he also had some top players at his disposal). Some people need to be a bit more patient.

I see DF as a long term manager, part of the bigger picture, rather than a short term fix/'Steve Evans go for broke' type of manager.

Some people on here believe we have the best squad in the league and that we should be entitled to promotion. That is simply wrong.
Perspective and patience are called for in the wake of expectations from the aftermath of the Steve Evans circus.

These draws are frustrating. I remember Ian Greaves had the same problem, and he slowly but surely made changes that made all the difference. I feel that we could be in the same arena again - and throwing out the baby and the bathwater right now is not the answer.

The team Ian Greaves took over were awful and dropping like a stone. Flipflop took over a team that were flying and managed to balls it all up.
No DF didn't take on a team, he took on a group of expensive individuals who where put together by SE's scattergun recruitment technique.

So we weren't fourth with game in hand and on a roll when Flipflop came in ? :roll: :roll:
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:07 pm

In that case, I'll take being 3rd and not knowing my best team
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:11 pm

abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:

So we weren't fourth with game in hand and on a roll when Flipflop came in ? :roll: :roll:

You're wasting your breath on some blinkered fools :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:14 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:

True.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:15 pm

Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:So Edders, say for the sake argument, Flitters keeps up his current win ratio and continues to preside over an expensive squad sitting in the bottom half of Div 4. At what point do you concede that the 'whingers & bashers' were actually right all along?

And for the record, I'd like nothing more than to have egg all over my face in 6 months time as DF stears us to promotion.

So sacking him is the answer then, new man in, more players in and out, a full reset. Or do you go for the sensible approach, give the manager, who has lost two games all season (to WBA and Exeter) time to build and develop what he has. I'm not surprised at Adam, abc etc, but am at you, you're starting to sound a bit like a Man U fan.

You sound like a Scotland fan, happy with failure year in year out.

Great comeback Sneag :lol: You really think I am happy with failure, or do you think I believe our best chance of success isn't changing manager every 10 months?

No matter how I'd have answered your question your view would be the same, you wanted DF sacked after 12 games so were hardly likely to give him time this season, which of course you haven't. This time last season under Evans we had less points, had been beaten more and were lower in the table. We have lost one league game all season, we all know we have drawn too many, but it is clear to all but the blind that we are not far off.

VP has it spot on, we just cannot keep changing manager and hope one comes good quickly, I have seen more than enough so far this season to stick with DF and would give him the Jan window to see if he can put in the final few pieces. Your suggested path could turn out to be a complete disaster. If come March we are out of touch, then perhaps its time to review.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:22 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:

You talk like we are Man City and can attract Pep Guardiola. We are Mansfield Town, a historically mid table 4th tier football team. Who would we replace DF with? There aren’t that many managers out there that are much better within our budget, surely!!! I would rather stick, the results will come good. If we change at some point in the near future the same old moaners will be berating another manager!!! It happens here every few years and is bloody boring.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:29 pm

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:So Edders, say for the sake argument, Flitters keeps up his current win ratio and continues to preside over an expensive squad sitting in the bottom half of Div 4. At what point do you concede that the 'whingers & bashers' were actually right all along?

And for the record, I'd like nothing more than to have egg all over my face in 6 months time as DF stears us to promotion.

So sacking him is the answer then, new man in, more players in and out, a full reset. Or do you go for the sensible approach, give the manager, who has lost two games all season (to WBA and Exeter) time to build and develop what he has. I'm not surprised at Adam, abc etc, but am at you, you're starting to sound a bit like a Man U fan.

Great comeback Sneag :lol: You really think I am happy with failure, or do you think I believe our best chance of success isn't changing manager every 10 months?

No matter how I'd have answered your question your view would be the same, you wanted DF sacked after 12 games so were hardly likely to give him time this season, which of course you haven't. This time last season under Evans we had less points, had been beaten more and were lower in the table. We have lost one league game all season, we all know we have drawn too many, but it is clear to all but the blind that we are not far off.

VP has it spot on, we just cannot keep changing manager and hope one comes good quickly, I have seen more than enough so far this season to stick with DF and would give him the Jan window to see if he can put in the final few pieces. Your suggested path could turn out to be a complete disaster. If come March we are out of touch, then perhaps its time to review.

This time last season we were four points off of the play off places, we are five off now .
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:47 pm

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:

Yes I would have sacked him last season because he spectacularly raspberried up. If I raspberried my job up in the same style I'd get sacked.

This season looks better so far, but we still seem to repeat errors whic are constantly throwing points away. We need to be in touch with the pack come January and as you say see who he can get in.

However our current trajectory woyld see us ten points off the playoff positions by then.

I agree to a certain exent that chopping & changing managers is generally counter productive, but sticking with a failing manager could also lead to disaster. I guess timing is the thing & that's JRs job.

My gut feeling with DF is he'll keep making the same mistakes and we'll continue to flatter to decieve.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:00 pm

abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:

Yes we were. But the fact is no matter what you think may have happened if SE had not abandoned the project, SE FAILED to get us promoted with the numerous players he brought in at great expense.

SE signings were many, too many and not value for money. Anderson, Atkinson, Diamond, Butcher Angol, Spencer, etc etc. Our better players were Bennett, Benning, Hamilton and Rose all signed by AM. This season DF has brought in Preston, Elsnick , Walker and Khan much better than the expensive misfits SE brought in. Plus the fact he was a total embarrassment to our club with his touch line antics. Repeated again on Saturdayafter the Accrington defeat, as I understand from a previous post.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:54 pm

Much better than the expensive missfits??????
But clearly getting worse results ....
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:17 am

I’d be absolutely amazed if he’s even considered Flitcroft’s position.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:40 am

tuopolfpilf wrote:Much better than the expensive missfits??????

What part of he’s actually got a better record that fat boy so far into the season ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:44 am

I think you need to do a bit of research.

Not much difference after the number of games played so far.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:08 am

bellwhiff wrote:

What part of he’s actually got a better record that fat boy so far into the season ?

The Decline since FlipFlop reign, missing out on the play-offs, and now the current position are the facts my opinion is based on .
If we all scroll back through the archive pages of stagsnet, I doubt many were of the opinion that the players were misfits
The current form of 1.42pts per game ( without including last season's abysmal ppg) imo will not get us a playoff place , hence my concern of the current manager .
I cannot base my opinion on ifs buts or maybes
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Bros » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:26 am

Would the Flitcroft Out brigade like to give us names of managers that they would bring in to replace him
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby scotsstag » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:01 pm

Roy Keane, he'd shake em up a bit. :lol:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:09 pm

Bros wrote:Would the Flitcroft Out brigade like to give us names of managers that they would bring in to replace him

theres no point, they won't reply or they'll say Darren Ferguson. they'll be saying get Steve bruce in next :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:16 pm

Do we actually have any other fans who dont particularly want DF sacked but are worried about his results since joining the club?

Feels like reading this forum you have to want him fired or believe hes the best manager this world have ever seen.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum