{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

ITV Calendar News feature on Carolyn

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

ITV Calendar News feature on Carolyn

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:46 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: ITV Calendar News feature on Carolyn

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:59 pm

Is she on some sort of sponsored charity drive to get on as many media outlets as she can within 12 months? There cant be a publication that she hasn't been featured in at some point this year. If her PR team ran the football team then we'd be 90 points clear.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:33 pm

Any chance there will be an extended version of this on after the ten O’clock news?

As it would be after the 9 pm watershed maybe there would be Stags shirts, lime green jelly and paddling pools involved?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:02 pm

She gets on my nerves a bit. She likes to point out at every opportunity that she experiences casual sexism on a daily basis, and then proceeds to tell us that because she’s a woman she has a completely different way of dealing with players, as if a man is incapable of displaying any type of empathy. Please.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:07 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Any chance there will be an extended version of this on after the ten O’clock news?

As it would be after the 9 pm watershed maybe there would be Stags shirts, lime green jelly and paddling pools involved?

You need therapy :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby weststander » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:10 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Any chance there will be an extended version of this on after the ten O’clock news?

:lol: you're obsessed man!
Can we have one thread where you DON'T talk about lime green jelly?!
weststander
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:51 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:She gets on my nerves a bit. She likes to point out at every opportunity that she experiences casual sexism on a daily basis, and then proceeds to tell us that because she’s a woman she has a completely different way of dealing with players, as if a man is incapable of displaying any type of empathy. Please.

It does get a bit repetitive.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Agree. She posted something earlier about looking glam.

Cant have it.both ways
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:34 pm

weststander wrote:

:lol: you're obsessed man!
Can we have one thread where you DON'T talk about lime green jelly?!

Every thread, we can't get a pint without him bringing it up.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Spartacus you need serious help.

It’s obvious that Lime green clashes with Amber.

Now if you could get Blue Jelly :D :D
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:18 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:She gets on my nerves a bit. She likes to point out at every opportunity that she experiences casual sexism on a daily basis, and then proceeds to tell us that because she’s a woman she has a completely different way of dealing with players, as if a man is incapable of displaying any type of empathy. Please.

I agree about the casual sexism / point about stereotyping.

But it was a good piece and is a very positive bit of publicity for us.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:12 pm

This wasn’t lost on me either. Casual reverse sexism is still sexism. Moans about men generalising about women then generalises about women herself.
Oh dear.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:26 pm

Glad a few agree.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure she’s doing a great job for the club and that she’s inspiring women to get involved in football, but the constant reminders of how she’s a woman in a mans world is a bit tiresome.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Onelove » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:48 pm

I agree with what she says but I'm not sure that she actually agrees or if its a publicity strap line. I'm sure you wouldn't see Germaine Greer discussing casual sexism with the sun and star. Its like trying to voice your concerns on anti semitism to The Daily National Front.
Onelove
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:36 am

Is all good publicity for the club and I really like the style of CR.
I don't think she should 'pose' as much as she does as she does not need to do that and should try to come over more as a naturally attractive woman which she is.

Perhaps she has a guru who advises her on her publicity role who knows, we lesser mortals don't move in such heady circles in Mansfield.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby manssmooth » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:31 am

Just watched the footage and agree with the majority of posters ref the exposure she brings to the club, but pleeeeeeease enough with the banging the drum about more women in football, and "casual sexism" whatever that is!

i can't believe someone would be offended by someone saying "you look nice today", or "that's a nice dress", in my day that would have been called a compliment.

People might find it easier to plow their own furrow rather than jumping on the current "on trend" society themes.

Oh and i particularly found the dig at men making decisions based on testosterone very amusing! :roll:
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:08 pm

Exactly. Because that’s. not a rampantly sexist statement
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:18 pm

manssmooth wrote:Just watched the footage and agree with the majority of posters ref the exposure she brings to the club, but pleeeeeeease enough with the banging the drum about more women in football, and "casual sexism" whatever that is!

i can't believe someone would be offended by someone saying "you look nice today", or "that's a nice dress", in my day that would have been called a compliment.

People might find it easier to plow their own furrow rather than jumping on the current "on trend" society themes.

Oh and i particularly found the dig at men making decisions based on testosterone very amusing! :roll:

Not sure if you attend anymore but the amount of comments I hear when there is a women linesman or physio is disgusting.

Casual sexism is huge in football and I am happy she is trying to bring the issue to light.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:18 pm

manssmooth wrote:Just watched the footage and agree with the majority of posters ref the exposure she brings to the club, but pleeeeeeease enough with the banging the drum about more women in football, and "casual sexism" whatever that is!

Rather ironic given her tweet after the bury game don't you think? :roll:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:29 pm

with what she brings to my club she can bang whatever drum she likes
you carry on CEO
whatever floats her boat
up the Stags
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:18 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:

Not sure if you attend anymore but the amount of comments I hear when there is a women linesman or physio is disgusting.

Casual sexism is huge in football and I am happy she is trying to bring the issue to light.

Yes of course, but that's not casual sexism, that's just outright sexism. She specifically referred to a man saying to her something along the lines of 'you look nice' or 'your dress looks nice'. She then replied it was the same of her saying to a man that his suit looked nice, which was bizarre in itself.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:57 pm

The professionally offended have made it so that now if you compliment anyone on their appearance it’s wrong. Pisses me right off. Especially in this day & age of mental health suffering. Sometimes a ‘you look nice’ could actually help someone’s mental health more than you’d appreciate.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:21 pm

There are women who just look good in whatever they wear and for them to get offended by comments is pile of poop. Marilyn always looked good in a potato sack.

It sort of changes when the compliment about 'that dress looks nice' is followed by some crass remark like, 'it'd look good on my bedroom floor' etc.

I praised Carolyn once whilst she was carrying Hugo and said how good she looked. I think it boosted her at the time.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:38 am

Unless you're a woman you will never understand!
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:46 am

Amberheart wrote:Unless you're a woman you will never understand!

That’s a bit sexist ;) :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum