{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Walker

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Walker

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Stoney wrote:I agree Walker needs to do more, as it stands I don't rate him and Davies would've scored more if he'd have had as much time on the pitch as him in my opinion. If it's true that we are not allowed to drop Walker then it's pathetic and I wouldn't do anymore deals with Forest because potentially it's ruining our season.

Rose is playing out of his skin ATM and Davies is a good striker. Walker has potential. My point is that we shouldn't have a knee jerk reaction and start demanding that JR goes out and spends more of his money on another striker. It's up to Flitcroft to coach the midfielders such as Khan and Elsnik into goal scoring positions which should provide us with more than enough. Them two are more than capable to score 7-10 each a season.

all you need to look at is the goals that Luton scored last year, they did have the two best strikers in league two but also had some of their midfielders in double figures I'm sure.

Personally I think khan needs to start pulling his weight a bit, he has already contributed and does look a good player but we need more goals from him and defenders to also chip in with a few!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:36 pm

Walker has all the skill and ability to be a championship player. The two things he hasn’t got is the work rate and desire which makes him look lazy and uninterested, and doesn’t help the team id take him out the side for Butcher.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:19 am

I have gone into a Twilight Zone where Lee Angol has turned into Walker
?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:44 am

bellwhiff wrote:I have gone into a Twilight Zone where Lee Angol has turned into Walker
?

Hahaha. Could be Bellwhiff.

On the whole I was not an Angol fan but you're right. They do seem to have the same attributes though I much prefer Walker. However Walker is not our player and costing us more in wages, therefore to me, that means he needs to do more to be considered a success.

I said when he signed that this loan deal is his last chance saloon with forest. He has to make it work or its curtains for him there and a career of lower league obscurity could beckon.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum