{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Can Stags finish in the TOP 3 ? (Be Wembley Winners?)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Can Stags finish in the TOP 3 ?

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:36 am

Rob wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Three points better off than last season under the Fat Controller.

DF has certainly removed the wind from your sails Darren.

Not bad considering we probably have 10-15% wages tied up with players not in the squad ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:39 am

old ram stag wrote:what you mean Spartacus is he is getting closer to getting us to the position we were in when he took over?

Evans, Flitcroft & Brown all messed up their respective challenges last season following Evans disrespectful leaving of our club. All 3 clubs were in a good position and it just shows the difficulty when a new manager comes in so late in the season. If your not happy with the football or the team and the fact we’re only one point off the automatic places I suggest you go follow Man City. They play decent football too you know Mr Grumpy!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Rigsby » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:42 am

I honestly think some people want Flitcroft to fail just so they can come on here and say "I was right all along".
I am happier with our position now than I was with Evans in charge. We're getting results by playing good football rather than the consistent bullying of players and officials.
Rigsby
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby old ram stag » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:45 am

no not the case.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:53 am

:lol:
old ram stag wrote:no not the case.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Rigsby » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:58 am

What's not the case? You don't want him to fail or we're not playing better football.....
Rigsby
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby old ram stag » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:25 am

I don't want him to fail anyone who knows me will know I always want stags to win every game.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:27 am

on the pitch I think we play some very good football, but go defensive which has cost us points.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:43 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I was not happy with him at the end of last season Rob like a lot of fans. There's no denying the fact that he made a complete mess of the last 12 games.

I like his style of football but there have been far too many draws and throwing away leads. You can see what he is trying to do but the draws have been frustrating. It's also taken him a while to work out that CJ Hamilton is one of our best attacking threats and that he should not be playing at right wing back. You could also argue that his two big signings, Otis Khan and Craig Davies, have not delivered the goods yet.

He has a top three budget and the wages at the club are massive although that is partly due to Evans. I hope for JR's sake more than anything that he delivers the goods as JR deserves success for the financial backing he has given Evans and Flitcroft. Today was a massive step forward as we recorded two successive league wins for the first time since this season and since DF has been at the club. I wish him all the best as I stated at the start of the season. He is hopeless at set pieces though :lol:

I've used the word curmudgeonly twice on this forum now :lol:

It wasn't just DF who blew it last season, it was the players and Evans for doing one at a critical part of the season. As for signings, how many of Evans signings are delivering now? Most of his signings were a financial disaster! Bishop is better, by a mile, than anyone Evans brought in.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:02 pm

Rob wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I was not happy with him at the end of last season Rob like a lot of fans. There's no denying the fact that he made a complete mess of the last 12 games.

I like his style of football but there have been far too many draws and throwing away leads. You can see what he is trying to do but the draws have been frustrating. It's also taken him a while to work out that CJ Hamilton is one of our best attacking threats and that he should not be playing at right wing back. You could also argue that his two big signings, Otis Khan and Craig Davies, have not delivered the goods yet.

He has a top three budget and the wages at the club are massive although that is partly due to Evans. I hope for JR's sake more than anything that he delivers the goods as JR deserves success for the financial backing he has given Evans and Flitcroft. Today was a massive step forward as we recorded two successive league wins for the first time since this season and since DF has been at the club. I wish him all the best as I stated at the start of the season. He is hopeless at set pieces though :lol:

I've used the word curmudgeonly twice on this forum now :lol:

It wasn't just DF who blew it last season, it was the players and Evans for doing one at a critical part of the season. As for signings, how many of Evans signings are delivering now? Most of his signings were a financial disaster! Bishop is better, by a mile, than anyone Evans brought in.

Evans signings now delivering; Bobby, White, Mellis all playing well. Btw Bishop was a board signing. To be fair to Flipflop Preston and Sweeney are both consistent. On the other hand Khan and Davies have flattered to deceive do far.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:11 pm

You are literally unbelievable. What a clown.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:14 pm

old ram stag wrote:on the pitch I think we play some very good football, but go defensive which has cost us points.

Not one single word of praise for the manager despite us only losing one game in 23. You truly are incredible.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:16 pm

old ram stag wrote:on the pitch I think we play some very good football, but go defensive which has cost us points.

Fair point youth.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:17 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

I just love the way all the Flitcroft out brigade always slip in the "I want him to do well" line just before or just after the assassination attempt of a manager who has lost once in the league all season and is one point off the automatic promotion places.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:19 pm

Big yella wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

I just love the way all the Flitcroft out brigade always slip in the "I want him to do well" line just before or just after the assassination attempt of a manager who has lost once in the league all season and is one point off the automatic promotion places.

Tell me about it. This post was written through gritted teeth and is a perfect example of your point. Doesn’t have the minerals to stand up and admit that he’s being massively over critical.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:20 pm

Big yella wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Akin to your constant assassination of one of our forwards ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PRL13 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:29 pm

I was praying for 2-0 for you Spartacus!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:56 pm

I did my praying at the Ladbrookes Church on Friday.

But like my prayers that include Carolyn and a paddling pool full of lime green jelly, the good Lord doesn’t answer my two nil win requests.

There is always this Tuesday though.

I mean for the two nil, not the other....
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:09 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

What’s actually upset you in that post?
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:18 pm

old ram stag wrote:what you mean Spartacus is he is getting closer to getting us to the position we were in when he took over?

When Dave took over the footballing side of the club imploded, players looked lost and on a par with a clock whose spring had gone. What the ‘siege mentality of a promotion push’ under Evans produced had to be replaced by football of a style that regained the club and the Radford’s their reputation and dignity.

The results suffered yes, though short term. Many through short termism would not give Dave a break towards the end of the season, many could not not see the way in which the team was changing and the football evolving. Players, some purported, were played out of position as promotion slipped from our view or were they on ‘trial for their versatility and ability to play football to differing systems.

I was at the end of the season and still am backing Dave to produce us a winning side. The early foundations were there to see in April and May. We were safe in our league position and he used this as a building platform. Whereas you were defiantly against Dave and never seen to get a round in.

At the end of the season you and I differed widely on two things. Firstly where were we headed under Dave and secondly whose round is it.

I am glad to see that you are finally coming round to the school of thought that the football is attractive to watch, we go for the win and their is a dignity and a long term progression about the club.

Yes, we have let winning positions slip to draws which is always infuriating but had we been losing before getting a draw would you have been less, shall I use term ‘boringly vocal’ and not ruined Watto’s afternoons?

But the way the systems of play can interchange, youth players are now involved, players are more versatile, younger ‘footballers’ (i.e. Khan, Timi, Walker) have been brought in, players are having the best brought out of them (i.e. Hamilton) must make you realise that the negativity of your opinion based upon short termism requires revision?

Patience was what was needed from not just you but other fans also. Thankfully JR has patience to avoid the club being a basket case like the noisy neighbours which your desire for a change would have made us.

Yes, we are headed to where the Scottish One had us before he sold his empty soulless carcass for Peterborough’s schilling but isn’t it a much better time to be a Stags fan than when he left?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:27 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:

When Dave took over the footballing side of the club imploded, players looked lost and on a par with a clock whose spring had gone. What the ‘siege mentality of a promotion push’ under Evans produced had to be replaced by football of a style that regained the club and the Radford’s their reputation and dignity.

The results suffered yes, though short term. Many through short termism would not give Dave a break towards the end of the season, many could not not see the way in which the team was changing and the football evolving. Players, some purported, were played out of position as promotion slipped from our view or were they on ‘trial for their versatility and ability to play football to differing systems.

I was at the end of the season and still am backing Dave to produce us a winning side. The early foundations were there to see in April and May. We were safe in our league position and he used this as a building platform. Whereas you were defiantly against Dave and never seen to get a round in.

At the end of the season you and I differed widely on two things. Firstly where were we headed under Dave and secondly whose round is it.

I am glad to see that you are finally coming round to the school of thought that the football is attractive to watch, we go for the win and their is a dignity and a long term progression about the club.

Yes, we have let winning positions slip to draws which is always infuriating but had we been losing before getting a draw would you have been less, shall I use term ‘boringly vocal’ and not ruined Watto’s afternoons?

But the way the systems of play can interchange, youth players are now involved, players are more versatile, younger ‘footballers’ (i.e. Khan, Timi, Walker) have been brought in, players are having the best brought out of them (i.e. Hamilton) must make you realise that the negativity of your opinion based upon short termism requires revision?

Patience was what was needed from not just you but other fans also. Thankfully JR has patience to avoid the club being a basket case like the noisy neighbours which your desire for a change would have made us.

Yes, we are headed to where the Scottish One had us before he sold his empty soulless carcass for Peterborough’s schilling but isn’t it a much better time to be a Stags fan than when he left?

Dave :lol: :lol:
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:11 pm

Conker wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

What’s actually upset you in that post?

It’s just one massive criticism despite the facts. He’s got a hard on for Flitcroft and hasn’t got the minerals to give credit where it’s due. Prefers to rattle on (still) about last season, too many draws, top three budget. It’s old.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:16 pm

abc wrote:

Fair point youth.

Which point is a fair one abc?

We play good football or we go defensive which has cost us points ?

I think I know which one, but just checking like.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:45 pm

abc wrote:
Big yella wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

No, I don't try and hide behind false platitudes. I've never liked Rose's diving, always thought he was over rated, and once he disrespected the club with his transfer request three days before the season started I wanted him gone and still do. So nothing at like those hiding behind their falseness.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:54 pm

Big yella wrote:
abc wrote:
Big yella wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

No, I don't try and hide behind false platitudes. I've never liked Rose's diving, always thought he was over rated, and once he disrespected the club with his transfer request three days before the season started I wanted him gone and still do. So nothing at like those hiding behind their falseness.

I've wanted Flipflop gone since he ruined last season, now the team has picked up a bit could I change my mind or would that be a false platitude ???
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum