{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:25 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17311
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:28 pm

Poor defending for both goals. Switched off for the first, Maynard scores with a boot that was as high as the one Rose got penalised for.

No idea what Pearce was doing for the late equaliser.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3406
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:39 pm

my player ratings and detailed report now on site
http://stagsnet.net/match/reports/viewr ... atchid=948
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17311
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby grufti » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:04 pm

5 for Bish and 7 for Khan and Benning, you have to be joking
Up The Stags
User avatar
grufti
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:31 pm

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:10 pm

grufti wrote:5 for Bish and 7 for Khan and Benning, you have to be joking

no I'm not. Bishop had a poor game in my opinion. Mayor beat him countless times.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17311
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:22 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
grufti wrote:5 for Bish and 7 for Khan and Benning, you have to be joking

no I'm not. Bishop had a poor game in my opinion. Mayor beat him countless times.


I agree. Bishop’s poorest game this season.
I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6287
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:31 pm

Mayor tore Bish a new one all afternoon, Not helped by the fact he picked up a soft yellow card early on. Think we’ll miss him next week now he’s suspended.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2810
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:41 pm

Pearce 5 Benning 7!!

I thought Krystian Pearce had a much better game than Mal Benning who struggled to handle Nicky Adams particularly in the first half. Benning also goes to sleep for the first goal and allows Joe Thompson to get in front of him to head across to Nicky Maynard for a great finish. I also though Mal Benning was lucky to get away with a push on Telford that would have been a penalty. Krystian Pearce had a good game until getting caught in no mans land at the end and leaving Nicky Maynard on his own although our defence was all at sea due to Danny Mayor's great run where he beat about five of our players to set up Calum Styles. Olejnik makes a great save but Neal Bishop just gives the ball back to Bury. His second terrible pass in injury time. Perhaps Calum Butcher or Jacob Mellis should just have hacked Mayor down or pulled him back. It would have given us chance to regroup.

Olejnik 7.5
Hamilton 7
Benning 6.5
Preston 8
Pearce 7
Sweeney 6.5
Bishop 6
Elsnik 8
Khan 7
Walker 6.5
Rose 7.5
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4492
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:41 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Pearce 5 Benning 7!!

I thought Krystian Pearce had a much better game than Mal Benning who struggled to handle Nicky Adams particularly in the first half. Benning also goes to sleep for the first goal and allows Joe Thompson to get in front of him to head across to Nicky Maynard for a great finish. I also though Mal Benning was lucky to get away with a push on Telford that would have been a penalty. Krystian Pearce had a good game until getting caught in no mans land at the end and leaving Nicky Maynard on his own although our defence was all at sea due to Danny Mayor's great run where he beat about five of our players to set up Calum Styles. Olejnik makes a great save but Neal Bishop just gives the ball back to Bury. His second terrible pass in injury time. Perhaps Calum Butcher or Jacob Mellis should just have hacked Mayor down or pulled him back. It would have given us chance to regroup.

Olejnik 7.5
Hamilton 7
Benning 6.5
Preston 8
Pearce 7
Sweeney 6.5
Bishop 6
Elsnik 8
Khan 7
Walker 6.5
Rose 7.5

Pearce highly culpable for the second goal. And I think he should have done better for the first too.

I don't think the Bury claim for a penalty was a good one - not enough contact. I included it from both angles in the Club highlights on iFollow.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17311
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford


Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests