{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Is it time to question the Chairman?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Is it time to question the Chairman?

Postby Amberheart » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:48 am

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:
die hirsche wrote:So, when is it time to question the chairman?

When he is blatantly bleeding the club dry, selling players left, right and centre and not paying bills and ultimately almost burying your club into extinction.

Not when he is pumping in millions building state of the art new training facilities, paying a handsome playing budget and has the football club as a business in the best commercial position in living memory.

If you show me a football club owner who makes 80% successful investments in his club I will show you a liar so be grateful, shut your trap and basically pipe down.

Well said !
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:51 am

Vice President wrote:JR has been exemplary:

He appointed Paul Cox - and got us promoted.
He appointed 'fans choice' Adam Murray, but when it was clear he was out of his depth he changed it.
He then appointed the best manager (Evans) - and we were heading for promotion, and then Evans walked out.
He appointed Flitcroft (widely accepted as an excellent choice at the time) - results are disappointing (in that we are drawing rather than winning). But JR is rightly being patient. He will do the right thing, at the right time, when necessary.

There might be some doubt about the manager and some of the players, but I don't think it is fair to question the Chairman - he has been fantastic.

And that doesn't even touch the off-field developments like Woburn Lane & trying to make the club self sustainable :shock:

Tbh i'd be happy letting this allegedly 'naive and inept chairman' run things for another 10 years based on what i've seen so far. In the meantime we should just pat on the head those who choose to bang their spoons on the table because their jelly hasn't set quick enough. :lol:

Seriously tho, can anyone name the list of previous owners or people looking to buy into the club who are more worthy?
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:23 am

Surely the most stupid thread in the history of Stagsnet?
And remembering some of Luke’s ones, that’s quite the achievement
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:53 am

John Radford obviously stepped in when times were very tough and saved the club from a bleak immediate future, but I do find this "John Radford is God" attitude baffling. At the end of the day he is a businessman and MTFC is his current hobby, and when the day comes that he finds his hobby boring or too much like hard work he will move on to something else and those describing as the new messiah will be left feeling foolish. That's not particularly a dig at Radford, it's just a fact... he's a bloke with family and businesses and not God
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:12 am

FarnieStag wrote:John Radford obviously stepped in when times were very tough and saved the club from a bleak immediate future, but I do find this "John Radford is God" attitude baffling. At the end of the day he is a businessman and MTFC is his current hobby, and when the day comes that he finds his hobby boring or too much like hard work he will move on to something else and those describing as the new messiah will be left feeling foolish. That's not particularly a dig at Radford, it's just a fact... he's a bloke with family and businesses and not God

you're in for it now, the bloke saved us from going extinct. he's pretty much a god to Mansfield town supporters :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:04 am

No
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:10 am

FarnieStag wrote:John Radford obviously stepped in when times were very tough and saved the club from a bleak immediate future, but I do find this "John Radford is God" attitude baffling. At the end of the day he is a businessman and MTFC is his current hobby, and when the day comes that he finds his hobby boring or too much like hard work he will move on to something else and those describing as the new messiah will be left feeling foolish. That's not particularly a dig at Radford, it's just a fact... he's a bloke with family and businesses and not God

What a gooseberry !!
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PRL13 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:27 am

True to some extent, but John has always supported Stags and when/if he wants to move on, for personal reasons, fair enough!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby West Ham 1969 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:46 am

I’m sure he would step aside if you fancied putting your millions in instead.
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Beano » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:54 am

Some people have very short memories.

I certainly don’t think of JR as god, but he saved my football club from extinction and to this day, he continues to prop us up financially.

I’ll be for ever grateful for that.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:04 am

I have no words, we really do have all sorts on here :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:19 am

Rob wrote:

I have no words, we really do have all sorts on here :lol:

Why is this so hard to comprehend. One day JR will leave. I hope he leaves us with a fantastic legacy, he is doing so at the moment.

The club is in better shape than it has been for ages but on the pitch it just seems whoever the manager is they are plagued by the same old problems.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:33 am

He literally saved this club and has turned its fortune around , how can that be questioned?

I don’t rate his ability to appoint managers, but I’ll take that considering we would almost certainly be part-time in non-league or something without him.

We are in the best position ever during my time supporting the stags 1000% - you can’t let disappointment on the pitch overshadow that.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:56 am

Spot on Conker.
JR is no fool and I think with what he has done so far he is here for the long term as all decent switched on business people plan for long term not a couple of years ahead.

I think we do question Floppers appointment and rightly so as paying supporters but in your own house and garden u do what u want with it and nobody dictates whether u have false grass or decking U make all the decisions!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Why is anyone bothering to reply? This person is clearly a troll and you are playing into his hands. Likewise, I just have because its annoying.

This forum has seriously gone downhill over the last 5 years. The same posters argue amongst themselves, One track minded opinions by certain posters with no debate - If they disagree they are not willing to listen to others, It then turns into a slanging match.

I'd be interested to see the throughput of posters/posts these days compared to 5 years ago, where it was generally a nicer place to come and read and have a chat all things stags - Now its just a moaning battleground.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:33 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Why is anyone bothering to reply? This person is clearly a troll and you are playing into his hands. Likewise, I just have because its annoying.

This forum has seriously gone downhill over the last 5 years. The same posters argue amongst themselves, One track minded opinions by certain posters with no debate - If they disagree they are not willing to listen to others, It then turns into a slanging match.

I'd be interested to see the throughput of posters/posts these days compared to 5 years ago, where it was generally a nicer place to come and read and have a chat all things stags - Now its just a moaning battleground.

Yep. Agree with all of that, youth. I've been on Stagsnet since about 2001, & unfortunately what we now see on here is probably a reflection of society & people in general. It really is horrible.
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:48 pm

I agree with Chander Lear. This place was once quite a hoot but now is just on a downward spiral.

Actual debate seems to have gone out the window and been replaced with 'sack him now' if we lose (well draw because we don't tend to lose) or 'we will be champions' after a single victory.

Instantly being able to slate the manager, player or even owner on social media makes it so much easier for anyone to spout utter bull poop and the good posts get lost, swallowed up in a sea of sheeite.

For me, I'd rather sit back and enjoy all the good things about the club and reflect on it's progress in recent years. We are heading in the right direction, there's no denying that. We have owners who invest, continually look to improve the club and strive for success. As long as the owners are hungry for success then the success will come.

From non league to where we are now both on and off the pitch, we have come so very far.

I can remember losing up at Barrow, now we gripe about a point away against Bury.

Keep The Faith and keep smiling.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:50 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:I agree with Chander Lear. This place was once quite a hoot but now is just on a downward spiral.

Actual debate seems to have gone out the window and been replaced with 'sack him now' if we lose (well draw because we don't tend to lose) or 'we will be champions' after a single victory.

Instantly being able to slate the manager, player or even owner on social media makes it so much easier for anyone to spout utter bull poop and the good posts get lost, swallowed up in a sea of sheeite.

For me, I'd rather sit back and enjoy all the good things about the club and reflect on it's progress in recent years. We are heading in the right direction, there's no denying that. We have owners who invest, continually look to improve the club and strive for success. As long as the owners are hungry for success then the success will come.

From non league to where we are now both on and off the pitch, we have come so very far.

I can remember losing up at Barrow, now we gripe about a point away against Bury.

Good post.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:00 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:I agree with Chander Lear. This place was once quite a hoot but now is just on a downward spiral.

Its absolutely no wonder we cannot attract new fans when all the read is negativity. Although contradicting myself we have seen a steady incline lol. Maybe they don't read this or the facebook group, which I subsequently removed myself from as it was full of morons.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Stafford » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:29 pm

Chander Lear wrote:

Its absolutely no wonder we cannot attract new fans when all the read is negativity. Although contradicting myself we have seen a steady incline lol. Maybe they don't read this or the facebook group, which I subsequently removed myself from as it was full of morons.

Agreed. I've done the same. What a bunch of knuckledraggers we have following our club.
First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:36 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Why is anyone bothering to reply? This person is clearly a troll and you are playing into his hands. Likewise, I just have because its annoying.

It's a mixture of being a troll and genuinely thick.
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:09 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

It's a mixture of being a troll and genuinely thick.

Or both :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:25 pm

Congratulations on the worst thread ever created on Stagsnet! Quite the honor when you read some of the tat written.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:25 pm

Well put, I think despite what you read on here from the usual crew, this is the view of the reasonable majority :D
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bux46 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:20 pm

I'm sure I have read or heard in an interveiw that Mr Radford was trying to build something for his boys to take the reigns of ... If that is the case then he may step aside in the years to come but you can bet his boys will be well versed in the running of the club ..
bux46
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum