{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Thanks, Dave

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby spanishstag » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:20 pm

At least he will still be here not halfway to china or on the a1
spanishstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:11 pm

I wonder come May and it's got humble pie being dumped by the lorry load on your doorstep that you'll come on here and say, 'yup, I was wrong. Or you'll be saying, 'let's see whether he can hack it in Lge1.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 18300
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:24 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Random Hero wrote:Happily eating humble pie over here, as are plenty of other Stags fans. A poll on the MTFC followers Facebook group as recently as October had 78% of people saying he should go, so it wasn't just me by a long chalk!

That performance at Macclesfield was as poor as I've seen in recent times. A hasty reaction - of course, and no doubt in the heat of the moment after full time, but at the time we his win ratio was less than 20%.

Long may this superb form continue.

How about doing the poll again a few months on and see the difference. It probably has done a full 180.


A bit like Brexit ?


Have you changed your mind on Brexit Edders. You see the error of your stupidity. You've been wrong about everything.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2772
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:10 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Random Hero wrote:Happily eating humble pie over here, as are plenty of other Stags fans. A poll on the MTFC followers Facebook group as recently as October had 78% of people saying he should go, so it wasn't just me by a long chalk!

That performance at Macclesfield was as poor as I've seen in recent times. A hasty reaction - of course, and no doubt in the heat of the moment after full time, but at the time we his win ratio was less than 20%.

Long may this superb form continue.

How about doing the poll again a few months on and see the difference. It probably has done a full 180.


A bit like Brexit ?


Have you changed your mind on Brexit Edders. You see the error of your stupidity. You've been wrong about everything.


Why - which way did I vote?
I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6279
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby Dan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:14 pm

You voted to remain it’s so obvious.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6459
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:15 pm

Dan wrote:You voted to remain it’s so obvious.



0/10
I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6279
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby spanishstag » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:21 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Dan wrote:You voted to remain it’s so obvious.



0/10

Im a remainer but its going tits up
spanishstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:34 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Random Hero wrote:Happily eating humble pie over here, as are plenty of other Stags fans. A poll on the MTFC followers Facebook group as recently as October had 78% of people saying he should go, so it wasn't just me by a long chalk!

That performance at Macclesfield was as poor as I've seen in recent times. A hasty reaction - of course, and no doubt in the heat of the moment after full time, but at the time we his win ratio was less than 20%.

Long may this superb form continue.

How about doing the poll again a few months on and see the difference. It probably has done a full 180.


A bit like Brexit ?


Have you changed your mind on Brexit Edders. You see the error of your stupidity. You've been wrong about everything.


Why - which way did I vote?


You were a massive Leaver. Were you Flitcroft Out camp too?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2772
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:59 pm

AWC - if you read any of my posts, you would know that I have NEVER been a Flitcroft Out merchant.
I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6279
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby ParisStag » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:04 pm

abc wrote:Let's see in May.


Er, sorry but no. I'm not having that. You and others were passing judgement after a couple of months with some shouting for him to get the sack while I was saying he needed to be given until the end of the season before we judged him. Now he's suddenly doing well and your premature nonsense is being exposed and rather than accept that you may have been wrong, you're suddenly advocating the patient approach! :lol:

Do me a favour. You can't have it both ways. If you're going to be the kind of fan who makes knee-jerk judgements in the moment rather than over a whole season then you need to start calling for him to get a contract extention when things are good. If you're the kind of fan that wants to give him time, you can't be asking JR to sack him as soon as we go a couple of games without a win. Something tells me you'll just carry on being a hypocrite.
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4453
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:07 pm

I don’t need to wait until May. I like what I’m seeing now. Life’s to short to worry about what happens in May. If we go up then great, if not then it will happen sometime soon with the owners we have and the philosophy of DF. What will be will be, there’s more to life.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2096
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby abc » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:24 pm

ParisStag wrote:
abc wrote:Let's see in May.


Er, sorry but no. I'm not having that. You and others were passing judgement after a couple of months with some shouting for him to get the sack while I was saying he needed to be given until the end of the season before we judged him. Now he's suddenly doing well and your premature nonsense is being exposed and rather than accept that you may have been wrong, you're suddenly advocating the patient approach! :lol:

Do me a favour. You can't have it both ways. If you're going to be the kind of fan who makes knee-jerk judgements in the moment rather than over a whole season then you need to start calling for him to get a contract extention when things are good. If you're the kind of fan that wants to give him time, you can't be asking JR to sack him as soon as we go a couple of games without a win. Something tells me you'll just carry on being a hypocrite.


Nobody gets promoted in November sunshine, yes I've wanted him gone and only whether we get promoted will he of proved the doubters wrong.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1463
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:30 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:AWC - if you read any of my posts, you would know that I have NEVER been a Flitcroft Out merchant.


So you like the certainty of the club being managed in a particular way, knowing that what you've got is better than having a totally unknown manager who might unsettle everything and make us worse, rather than just sacking him after a few draws and risk everything in the vain hope that we might get Pep Guardiola...

Aaahhhhhh the irony.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2772
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:04 pm

abc wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
abc wrote:Let's see in May.


Er, sorry but no. I'm not having that. You and others were passing judgement after a couple of months with some shouting for him to get the sack while I was saying he needed to be given until the end of the season before we judged him. Now he's suddenly doing well and your premature nonsense is being exposed and rather than accept that you may have been wrong, you're suddenly advocating the patient approach! :lol:

Do me a favour. You can't have it both ways. If you're going to be the kind of fan who makes knee-jerk judgements in the moment rather than over a whole season then you need to start calling for him to get a contract extention when things are good. If you're the kind of fan that wants to give him time, you can't be asking JR to sack him as soon as we go a couple of games without a win. Something tells me you'll just carry on being a hypocrite.


Nobody gets promoted in November sunshine, yes I've wanted him gone and only whether we get promoted will he of proved the doubters wrong.

So on that basis you would sack every manager at the end of the season if they didn’t achieve promotion.

Or does that only apply to DF because you don’t like him.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4740
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby ParisStag » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:12 pm

abc wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
abc wrote:Let's see in May.


Er, sorry but no. I'm not having that. You and others were passing judgement after a couple of months with some shouting for him to get the sack while I was saying he needed to be given until the end of the season before we judged him. Now he's suddenly doing well and your premature nonsense is being exposed and rather than accept that you may have been wrong, you're suddenly advocating the patient approach! :lol:

Do me a favour. You can't have it both ways. If you're going to be the kind of fan who makes knee-jerk judgements in the moment rather than over a whole season then you need to start calling for him to get a contract extention when things are good. If you're the kind of fan that wants to give him time, you can't be asking JR to sack him as soon as we go a couple of games without a win. Something tells me you'll just carry on being a hypocrite.


Nobody gets promoted in November sunshine, yes I've wanted him gone and only whether we get promoted will he of proved the doubters wrong.


So you say we can't know if he's the right man until May, but you wanted him gone after 2 months. You're saying that you never wanted him to have a chance.
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4453
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby abc » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:22 pm

ParisStag wrote:
abc wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
abc wrote:Let's see in May.


Er, sorry but no. I'm not having that. You and others were passing judgement after a couple of months with some shouting for him to get the sack while I was saying he needed to be given until the end of the season before we judged him. Now he's suddenly doing well and your premature nonsense is being exposed and rather than accept that you may have been wrong, you're suddenly advocating the patient approach! :lol:

Do me a favour. You can't have it both ways. If you're going to be the kind of fan who makes knee-jerk judgements in the moment rather than over a whole season then you need to start calling for him to get a contract extention when things are good. If you're the kind of fan that wants to give him time, you can't be asking JR to sack him as soon as we go a couple of games without a win. Something tells me you'll just carry on being a hypocrite.


Nobody gets promoted in November sunshine, yes I've wanted him gone and only whether we get promoted will he of proved the doubters wrong.


So you say we can't know if he's the right man until May, but you wanted him gone after 2 months. You're saying that you never wanted him to have a chance.


fgs, after the balls up he made when he came in last season I wanted him gone, after his negative tactics cost us points earlier this season I wanted him gone. If we don't go up this season I will still want him gone, got it ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1463
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:35 pm

You’re funny!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2096
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:38 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:You’re funny!!!


I think he’s related to Norman.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1783
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby ParisStag » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:18 am

abc wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
abc wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
abc wrote:Let's see in May.


Er, sorry but no. I'm not having that. You and others were passing judgement after a couple of months with some shouting for him to get the sack while I was saying he needed to be given until the end of the season before we judged him. Now he's suddenly doing well and your premature nonsense is being exposed and rather than accept that you may have been wrong, you're suddenly advocating the patient approach! :lol:

Do me a favour. You can't have it both ways. If you're going to be the kind of fan who makes knee-jerk judgements in the moment rather than over a whole season then you need to start calling for him to get a contract extention when things are good. If you're the kind of fan that wants to give him time, you can't be asking JR to sack him as soon as we go a couple of games without a win. Something tells me you'll just carry on being a hypocrite.


Nobody gets promoted in November sunshine, yes I've wanted him gone and only whether we get promoted will he of proved the doubters wrong.


So you say we can't know if he's the right man until May, but you wanted him gone after 2 months. You're saying that you never wanted him to have a chance.


fgs, after the balls up he made when he came in last season I wanted him gone, after his negative tactics cost us points earlier this season I wanted him gone. If we don't go up this season I will still want him gone, got it ?


You're not making any sense.
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4453
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby m1cksut » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:05 am

abc wrote:

Nobody gets promoted in November sunshine, yes I've wanted him gone and only whether we get promoted will he of proved the doubters wrong.


i understood every word in that sentence, even though as a sentence, it made no sense.

firstly, there is very little November sunshine.
secondly, it is "only IF we get promoted...."
thirdly, do adults STILL say (or write) "of" when they mean "have"?

is a seeing eye dog typing for you?
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
User avatar
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1283
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:18 pm

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:49 am

abc wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
abc wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
abc wrote:Let's see in May.


Er, sorry but no. I'm not having that. You and others were passing judgement after a couple of months with some shouting for him to get the sack while I was saying he needed to be given until the end of the season before we judged him. Now he's suddenly doing well and your premature nonsense is being exposed and rather than accept that you may have been wrong, you're suddenly advocating the patient approach! :lol:

Do me a favour. You can't have it both ways. If you're going to be the kind of fan who makes knee-jerk judgements in the moment rather than over a whole season then you need to start calling for him to get a contract extention when things are good. If you're the kind of fan that wants to give him time, you can't be asking JR to sack him as soon as we go a couple of games without a win. Something tells me you'll just carry on being a hypocrite.


Nobody gets promoted in November sunshine, yes I've wanted him gone and only whether we get promoted will he of proved the doubters wrong.


So you say we can't know if he's the right man until May, but you wanted him gone after 2 months. You're saying that you never wanted him to have a chance.


fgs, after the balls up he made when he came in last season I wanted him gone, after his negative tactics cost us points earlier this season I wanted him gone. If we don't go up this season I will still want him gone, got it ?

I got it a long time ago :banghead:
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4740
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:44 am

Please stop quoting this individual. He’s on ignore for a reason.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12589
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby PRL13 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:38 am

He`s turned the corner! Let`s see what happens.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:44 pm

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:04 am

PRL13 wrote:He`s turned the corner! Let`s see what happens.
You don’t sound convinced PRL. :-o
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4740
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:15 am

User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5348
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bobbystagsfan, gazza1988, groundhoppingstag, jeevesthestag, patstag, Phill, stagmanrob, Vice President and 52 guests