{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Thanks, Dave

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby stag324 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:51 pm

It's a good job we didn't sell Rose.

We would be bottom 3 without him

This does stop with the manager as he has failed to bring in a striker when he had the chance.
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:53 pm

stag324 wrote:It's a good job we didn't sell Rose.

We would be bottom 3 without him

This does stop with the manager as he has failed to bring in a striker when he had the chance.

but didn't we have to sell rose)angol to balance the books? so there wouldve been no chance of bringing one in because we needed to lose one.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:58 pm

We're on the right path..smashed Northampton, outclassed Oldham and away point at a decent looking Bury, Another short sighted post.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby Random Hero » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:01 pm

ParisStag wrote::lol: one too many afternoon lagers in town eh Random!

One day you'll come with us mate! <3
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:01 pm

Flip-flop has created our best footballing side in years; it's inches from being one that should challenge for promotion.

Instead of the usual knee-jerk bleating is it really beyond the intellect of Stagsnet to discuss and get our heads around how we can rid ourselves of this annoying Achilles heel rather than going route one, get rid of the manager, lah-do-dah predictability?
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:01 pm

steiner wrote:We're on the right path..smashed Northampton, outclassed Oldham and away point at a decent looking Bury, Another short sighted post.

15th. That's short sighted
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:04 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Flip-flop has created our best footballing side in years; it's inches from being one that should challenge for promotion.

Instead of the usual knee-jerk bleating is it really beyond the intellect of Stagsnet to discuss and get our heads around how we can rid ourselves of this annoying Achilles heel rather than going route one, get rid of the manager, lah-do-dah predictability?

Is the aesthetics not a moot point when we're languishing?

I'm torn between the 'itll come' and 'its spineless' camp.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:10 pm

tick tock Flip Flop

buck stops with you owd lad

see ya later
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:16 pm

Random Hero wrote:
Sneag wrote:
oldnic wrote:Wonder what his defeat percentage is. You lot are unbelievable. Support them for over 50 years, then you have the right. 4 points off play offs.

His points to game ratio over 23 game is 1.21 which is 56 for a season.

Even giving him a clean slate and forgetting his abysmal record last season, his points to game ratio this season is better at 1.45 but losing 5 games all season would be scant consolation if we finish on 67 points.

Is that that the worst percentage ever as Mansfield manager? I'm sure Carlton Palmer had an average of 1.31. A league higher.

Let that sink in.

If you're going to have a rant at least try and get the basic facts right.
Apart from the obviously made up win perecentage that you quoted earlier to try and prove your point, you now claim that Palmer managed us in a division higher which is totally untrue.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:21 pm

The question is would a new manager solve our striking problems or would it cause defensive frailties?

We are very hard to beat, but can't string two wins together.

What gets me is look at flickers record at Swindon. The draws are almost none existent.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:22 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Flip-flop has created our best footballing side in years; it's inches from being one that should challenge for promotion.

Is the aesthetics not a moot point when we're languishing?

I'm torn between the 'itll come' and 'its spineless' camp.

I don't think so because the football we play is creating an avalanche of game winning chances. It's not Flipper who is missing open goals, fluffing one-on-one's and putting guilt-edged chances to the wrong side of the posts.

Every single one of you can point to a game where one, two or all of our forward players have fluffed their lines and contributed towards us chucking points. It hurts for us in the stands; Flip-flop must be stood in the dugout wondering what's the crack with these lads: all meant to have the ability in front of goal, all of them failing to do themselves justice and keeping the team below their potential.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:23 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:The question is would a new manager solve our striking problems or would it cause defensive frailties?

We are very hard to beat, but can't string two wins together.

What gets me is look at flickers record at Swindon. The draws are almost none existent.

a new manager could do even worse, or even better. it's a huge risk but as we know JR is a patient man and I think he'll give him until Christmas to sort it out.

the solution is simply score two more than the other team now :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:31 pm

How dare “intellectually deficient” fans have the audacity to raise questions over a manager who’s won 5 in 23. I mean, wow. :lol: same old stagsnet, dare to have an opinion and you’re all of a sudden thick. What utter and complete raspberry

The team were winning and he, himself bottled it. Again. It’s like a watching a film you’ve seen many times before, you know the tragic ending and there’s nothing you can do about it.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:43 pm

The football is great but the results are not great. It’s like Groundhog Day a the moment.

It’s really strange because had we drew 2-2 the way Bury have today (going behind twice), I think everyone would say it’s a good results. It’s because we keep throwing away leads that makes it so frustrating.

Bury were good and Danny Mayor was superb, and I’ve no idea where seven minutes came from.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:47 pm

adamstag wrote:

How dare “intellectually deficient” fans have the audacity to raise questions over a manager who’s won 5 in 23. I mean, wow. :lol: same old stagsnet, dare to have an opinion and you’re all of a sudden thick. What utter and complete raspberry

The team were winning and he, himself bottled it. Again. It’s like a watching a film you’ve seen many times before, you know the tragic ending and there’s nothing you can do about it.

No Adam, you're wrong pal, the "same old Stagsnet" is the likes of you being once again balls deep in another 'sack the manager' debate instead of wondering what bit of tweaking can be achieved by this gaffer to get this drawing side, that rarely looks like losing, turned in to to one that wins promotion.

Some of us can see things on the pitch being very close to coming right and are prepared to show a little patience. Others of course would prefer to sack successive incumbents until we get our rightful promotions.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Harrington St Hero » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:49 pm

I thought Bury looked a good side. For us to create that many chances at their place is a credit to us and the team. To miss that many chances is scandalous. I’m struggling with Walker - I think he’s off the pace and easily bullied.

Flitcroft in, but he needs to find a solution to our inability to score.
Harrington St Hero
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:04 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
adamstag wrote:

No Adam, you're wrong pal, the "same old Stagsnet" is the likes of you being once again balls deep in another 'sack the manager' debate instead of wondering what bit of tweaking can be achieved by this gaffer to get this drawing side, that rarely looks like losing, turned in to to one that wins promotion.

Some of us can see things on the pitch being very close to coming right and are prepared to show a little patience. Others of course would prefer to sack successive incumbents until we get our rightful promotions.

No pal, I’m not wrong. Cheers for the thought though, bless ya.

I will happily stand there and apologise, and give £100 to a Mansfield related charity as I said before the beginning of the season if we got us promoted.

Today had raspberry all to do with being “so close” to a win and a good side, today had all to do with him making the same mistakes again as he’s previously done. Taking off the only forward, and going basically 5-5-0. Playing no-one forward from a corner thus inviting more pressure into me team, and then camping in the penalty area awaiting the inevitable. It happened here, it happened against Colchester it happened against Macclesfield and against Cambridge. Last season Colchester and port vale were other versions of this.

If you don’t agree i couldn’t care less, but I am for sure not wrong.
Last edited by adamstag on Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:05 pm

Does has been a huge let down but we have no other option.

We are close, very close to be either amazing or falling into the ambyass for me.

As ever the next 3/4 games are critical
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:05 pm

And please point out where I've suggested that anyone is “intellectually deficient”. I was calling on the intellect of the messageboard for answers to our teams deficiency - that's you, me and everyone who contributes towards the discussion.

Don't quote something that didn't exist to bulk an argument.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:09 pm

adamstag wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
adamstag wrote:

I will happily stand there and apologise, and give £100 to a Mansfield related charity as I said before the beginning of the season if we got us promoted.

Today had raspberry all to do with being “so close” to a win and a good side, today had all to do with him making the same mistakes again as he’s previously done. Taking off the only forward, and going basically 5-5-0. Playing no-one forward from a corner thus inviting more pressure into me team, and then camping in the penalty area awaiting the inevitable. It happened here, it happened against Colchester it happened against Macclesfield and against Cambridge. Last season Colchester and port vale were other versions of this.

You're wasted in the stands then Adam. Perhaps you can get your CV in to the Radford's early and take us to the promised land....... You know I'd give you a chance, even if you probably won't give yourself one.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Never easy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:12 pm

For me it’s time he cleared his desk his records just not up to it , we play good football granted but in the cold light of day it’s a results based business I’m sick of same excuses every week not an easy one but time for a change me thinks we’re looking at mid table with his record and that for me lacks ambition
Never easy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:13 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
adamstag wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
adamstag wrote:

You're wasted in the stands then Adam. Perhaps you can get your CV in to the Radford's early and take us to the promised land....... You know I'd give you a chance, even if you probably won't give yourself one.

Well, I think you’ll find that seemed to be the common consensus coming out, maybe you know more than most stags fans and we all don’t have a clue.

What’s inaccurate about what was said? Make the same mistakes as previous and get the same results as previous, it’s not hard to fathom, is it?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:13 pm

Another underwhelming day out, outplayed for much of it with the odd good 5 minutes. A team that has little character, little belief which stems from the conductor on the sidelines.
£50 lighter and watched the embarrassing behaviour of the 30 or so chemical warfare experts running at the gate to the Bury fans, knowing full well they can't get at them...

I don't think the manager is a bad bloke, but by Heaven, he HAS to go and now. This team is destined for mid table mediocrity, and nothing more. They aren't particularly bad, and aren't particularly good. The fear of losing, with completely negative substitutions, just fills the team with a lack of confidence, you knew what was coming.
Getting carried away with a result against a shambolic Northampton , and an uber defensive Oldham who gave us as much of the ball as it's possible to do, shouldn't detract from an overall sense of ordinary that reeks from this team.

Also what's with Danny Rose, holding his hands up when he scored as if not celebrating? I didn't know he was a Bury legend. He applauded their stand when he was taken off, one person clapped back.

Happy to take it all back if DF succeeds, as I'm no football expert, but I'm confident he won't, and I really hope he does prove me wrong.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby victor A block » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:22 pm

This manager does not know how to win football games . That's pretty much factual . He's massively underperforming with the resource he has been given . Evans was a master of bull but at least we all recognised it . Flitcroft talks a good game but can't deliver one .
Swindon fans gave it large talking about how negative he is . They're right .
Getting to the point in the next month when the Radfords have to decide whether to salvage the season or write it off . Ever get the feeling you've been conned ??
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:30 pm

victor A block wrote:This manager does not know how to win football games . That's pretty much factual . He's massively underperforming with the resource he has been given . Evans was a master of bull but at least we all recognised it . Flitcroft talks a good game but can't deliver one .
Swindon fans gave it large talking about how negative he is . They're right .
Getting to the point in the next month when the Radfords have to decide whether to salvage the season or write it off . Ever get the feeling you've been conned ??

Were the games against Newport, Northampton, Oldham, Accrington, Yeovil not good games ?

If he goes who comes in ?, what do you expect from the new manager, as a fan base do you not think getting behind the club trying to play good football is the right solution.

We’re drawing games we should be winning, not drawing games we look like losing.

A bit of patience and some tweaking from the Manager along with some backing might just help.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum