{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Thanks, Dave

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:31 pm

tillydog123 wrote:No guarantee iof winning game in hand and points on board better
I don’t think DF is the right man for promotion but willing to give him a bit longer say end of Qctober
Lack of clinical striker is a still haunting us but then he again he maybe subbed towards the end if we had one

I agree, and while i'm not making excuses 'carte blanche', just think who we could've signed without having 5 highly paid players stuck on the books?

Perhaps we'd have afforded that striker with a killer instinct, or very least able to pose a serious threat to the opposition defence? We might also have signed some granite-arsed leader at the back, instead of hoping for the experience & quality of Diamond & Mirfin to return at some point later this year.

Now, can someone please remind me again, which are the areas we're vulnerable?? ;)

Doesn't guarantee DF would have fixed it, but does explain much of the problem imo. If true, it also suggests the next manager will probably suffer the same constraints
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:27 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
tillydog123 wrote:No guarantee iof winning game in hand and points on board better
I don’t think DF is the right man for promotion but willing to give him a bit longer say end of Qctober
Lack of clinical striker is a still haunting us but then he again he maybe subbed towards the end if we had one

I agree, and while i'm not making excuses 'carte blanche', just think who we could've signed without having 5 highly paid players stuck on the books?

Perhaps we'd have afforded that striker with a killer instinct, or very least able to pose a serious threat to the opposition defence? We might also have signed some granite-arsed leader at the back, instead of hoping for the experience & quality of Diamond & Mirfin to return at some point later this year.

Now, can someone please remind me again, which are the areas we're vulnerable?? ;)

Doesn't guarantee DF would have fixed it, but does explain much of the problem imo. If true, it also suggests the next manager will probably suffer the same constraints

Anybody who thinks Diamond will play for us again needs to see a head doctor soonest
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:11 pm

I tend to agree Chim, but having him, Mirfs, Anderson plus retaining Atko & Butcher are 5 big wages that could have been totally spent on the players DF wanted. What's that work out at, potentially 15-20% odd of your playing budget that's hamstrung? It'll be exactly the same amount the next manager is constrained by...

FACT - as we love to use simple black & white statements nowadays, rather than discuss or consider the whole argument ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:31 am

:o The David Flitcroft Saturday afternoon ride , going along smoothly then the twist and turns cant see it out abandon ship bumps and grazes :lol:

When DF came here after our last manager left i thought it was the right appointment.
Before he came We were in the play off spots but we were still drawing to many games.

DF record at Swindon was 21 wins 18 loses and only 3 draws.
So you think he was going to iron this problem out.

We have the team in the league who are hardest to beat ,some how we have got to find that extra goal and late on in games not to sit back.
DF needs us to be on the front foot final 10 minutes and see these games out.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:10 am

BigGuy wrote:
Jamie wrote: I don't hide behind fake names and online BS..

As opposed to when you went under the name 'North Notts Stag' ?

Bwahahaha

Hilarious.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:12 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::o The David Flitcroft Saturday afternoon ride , going along smoothly then the twist and turns cant see it out abandon ship bumps and grazes :lol:

When DF came here after our last manager left i thought it was the right appointment.
Before he came We were in the play off spots but we were still drawing to many games.

DF record at Swindon was 21 wins 18 loses and only 3 draws.
So you think he was going to iron this problem out.

We have the team in the league who are hardest to beat ,some how we have got to find that extra goal and late on in games not to sit back.
DF needs us to be on the front foot final 10 minutes and see these games out.

Indeed however he isn’t is he?

the longer it goes on, our season falls to mid table nothing
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:12 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Jamie wrote:Really though we know it is clearly a threat, as in, you wouldn't dare say that because id 'beat you up' or whatever.

I'm sorry if you felt that was a threat Jamie. I did not read it as such. I read it as bellwhiff thinks you are a keyboard warrior who would simply not say something or other face to face.

We have had people threaten others in the past, and they have been banned, and anyone doing so would be banned instantaneously.

Thanks Martin for being the beacon of sense.
Not like Jamie to get it wrong.

Bwahahaha. Haslam, Radford, Taffa and just about every other thing he’s posted notwithstanding.

Chuckle.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:34 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:When DF came here after our last manager left i thought it was the right appointment.

People keep on saying this but it's a bit puzzling. Even Flitcroft said it when he started, and promised to iron out the "too many draws" problem.
But the stats say that in the year until Flitcroft took over we played 9 league matches - won 6, drew 2 and lost 1. That doesn't sound like a big problem to me. If we drew more earlier in the season, it's irrelevant as clearly we weren't drawing too many at the time.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:34 pm

Random Hero wrote:Enough is enough now Dave. Your record is abysmal. Time to throw in the towel.

Flitcroft out.

Another Saturday without improvement. Flitcroft out.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:58 pm

Well. That’s exposed some people as a bit hasty

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:17 pm

Dont worry bellers big yella,s always been a bit slow,
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:44 pm

spanishstag wrote:Dont worry bellers big yella,s always been a bit slow,

Whoosh!!
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:07 pm

spanishstag wrote:Dont worry bellers big yella,s always been a bit slow,

Oh the irony :-?
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:08 pm

Well that’s just one Saturday win in the last nine Saturdays.

Needs to be better :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Random Hero » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:36 pm

Happily eating humble pie over here, as are plenty of other Stags fans. A poll on the MTFC followers Facebook group as recently as October had 78% of people saying he should go, so it wasn't just me by a long chalk!

That performance at Macclesfield was as poor as I've seen in recent times. A hasty reaction - of course, and no doubt in the heat of the moment after full time, but at the time we his win ratio was less than 20%.

Long may this superb form continue.
Last edited by Random Hero on Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:56 pm

Why are we still harping on about this? The corner has been turned!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby julianshatnasty » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:12 am

julianshatnasty wrote:Discounting the Premier League as it's basically a different sport, only one of 72 league teams has been beaten less times than us.

It's a great foundation to build from. Duplicate this over the season and turn just a couple of the draws into wins and we'll be more than competitive.

Just a reminder...
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:39 am

Random Hero wrote:Happily eating humble pie over here, as are plenty of other Stags fans. A poll on the MTFC followers Facebook group as recently as October had 78% of people saying he should go, so it wasn't just me by a long chalk!

That performance at Macclesfield was as poor as I've seen in recent times. A hasty reaction - of course, and no doubt in the heat of the moment after full time, but at the time we his win ratio was less than 20%.

So, just like I said then.

;) :)

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:43 am

Random Hero wrote:Happily eating humble pie over here, as are plenty of other Stags fans. A poll on the MTFC followers Facebook group as recently as October had 78% of people saying he should go, so it wasn't just me by a long chalk!

How about doing the poll again a few months on and see the difference. It probably has done a full 180.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:07 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:

How about doing the poll again a few months on and see the difference. It probably has done a full 180.
A loss against Notts County and it will easily turn back 180.

Football fans are fickle and that includes us lot.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:03 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:

A bit like Brexit ?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:42 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Flipflop has done bugger all yet, let's see where we are come the end of the season !
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:03 pm

I honestly think hes doing more than just getting us playing good football ,he,s doing better than evans was at this time last year ,but hes giving young uns a chance .Even more importantly for me he is creating a unity within the club and most fans ,evans was as devisive as anyone i could name but david flitcroft is as respectful of this club as any manager we have ever had ,hes buying into us as much as a town as he is as the football club in short the man is a breath of fresh air
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:06 pm

abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Flipflop has done bugger all yet, let's see where we are come the end of the season !

flitcroft has us 6th place 3 points off 3rd place with a game in hand. got us playing decent football in god knows how long . were on our best away run in history and have only one defeat in the last 24 games. I wouldn't say that's bugger all, still a way to go though
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:18 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

flitcroft has us 6th place 3 points off 3rd place with a game in hand. got us playing decent football in god knows how long . were on our best away run in history and have only one defeat in the last 24 games. I wouldn't say that's bugger all, still a way to go though

Let's see in May.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum