{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Thanks, Dave

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:32 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
victor A block wrote:This manager does not know how to win football games . That's pretty much factual . He's massively underperforming with the resource he has been given . Evans was a master of bull but at least we all recognised it . Flitcroft talks a good game but can't deliver one .
Swindon fans gave it large talking about how negative he is . They're right .
Getting to the point in the next month when the Radfords have to decide whether to salvage the season or write it off . Ever get the feeling you've been conned ??

Were the games against Newport, Northampton, Oldham, Accrington, Yeovil not good games ?

If he goes who comes in ?, what do you expect from the new manager, as a fan base do you not think getting behind the club trying to play good football is the right solution.

We’re drawing games we should be winning, not drawing games we look like losing.

A bit of patience and some tweaking from the Manager along with some backing might just help.

True, but it’s he himself who keeps making the same mistakes which cost him and us, we aren’t where we are as we’re unlucky, we’re here due to the same mistakes being made, again and again and again.

Maybe if Dave stopped making those mistakes he might win more
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:35 pm

DoomMerchant we get it mate - once upon. A time you had a book published. Your patronising attitude would think you're JK Rowling.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:49 pm

I was at the game today.Bury are a good side.In the end we got a point. we do not have a divine right to win any game.Maynard who scored two excellent goals has scored at a much higher level.Danny Mayor was the best player on the pitch.I still think we will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.Remember it is a long season and every team has ups and downs.We are probably a striker short of being a top three side.Sacking the manager at this time would be costly and may not prove to be a success.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:52 pm

geoffhill wrote:I was at the game today.Bury are a good side.In the end we got a point. we do not have a divine right to win any game.Maynard who scored two excellent goals has scored at a much higher level.Danny Mayor was the best player on the pitch.I still think we will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.Remember it is a long season and every team has ups and downs.We are probably a striker short of being a top three side.Sacking the manager at this time would be costly and may not prove to be a success.

Certain fans just chucking there toys out the pram like spoilt little babies wanting him sacked.

God knows where they were during the Haslam, Conference and Coxy’s hoofball seasons.

The crowds don’t lie when it comes to show which football they prefer.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:04 pm

Also those who keep saying ‘we played the last ten with no striker on the pitch’ true but we still had two players on the pitch playing as strikers, one of whom played as a strike for most of the second half.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:19 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Also those who keep saying ‘we played the last ten with no striker on the pitch’ true but we still had two players on the pitch playing as strikers, one of whom played as a strike for most of the second half.

He may as well put Gibbens and Logan up there then if you're just playing by numbers
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:21 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Also those who keep saying ‘we played the last ten with no striker on the pitch’ true but we still had two players on the pitch playing as strikers, one of whom played as a strike for most of the second half.

He may as well put Gibbens and Logan up there then if you're just playing by numbers

It was Butcher who has played striker before and has been mostly used as an attacking mid and CJ who played up front for most of the second half.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:29 pm

Discounting the Premier League as it's basically a different sport, only one of 72 league teams has been beaten less times than us.

It's a great foundation to build from. Duplicate this over the season and turn just a couple of the draws into wins and we'll be more than competitive.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby ParisStag » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:30 pm

Random Hero wrote:
ParisStag wrote::lol: one too many afternoon lagers in town eh Random!

One day you'll come with us mate! <3

Would be a pleasure I'm sure.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:33 pm

For all the laughing we’ve done at County’s start they’re only four points behind us now (we’ve still got a game in hand)
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:37 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

It was Butcher who has played striker before and has been mostly used as an attacking mid and CJ who played up front for most of the second half.

I know I was there. The awful Butcher who plays well against reserves or kids and has done naff all in the league and Mr Versatile CJ, Jack of all trades master of none.

Dress it up all you like he flunked it up again!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:42 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

I know I was there. The awful Butcher who plays well against reserves or kids and has done naff all in the league and Mr Versatile CJ, Jack of all trades master of none.

Dress it up all you like he flunked it up again!!

So I take it you wanted Graham on then or Sterling? Both of whom have done no more than Butcher.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:57 pm

I could see Rose was shattered so yes I wanted Graham on, why put him in the squad?
No matter how you defend him he didn't have CJ AND Butcher up front at the end, Butcher was sent on to shut up shop further and as usual jogged about too slow to stop owt
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:03 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:I could see Rose was shattered so yes I wanted Graham on, why put him in the squad?
No matter how you defend him he didn't have CJ AND Butcher up front at the end, Butcher was sent on to shut up shop further and as usual jogged about too slow to stop owt

I don’t defend, but yes he did. Do you sit facing the opposite way?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:20 pm

julianshatnasty wrote:Discounting the Premier League as it's basically a different sport, only one of 72 league teams has been beaten less times than us.

It's a great foundation to build from. Duplicate this over the season and turn just a couple of the draws into wins and we'll be more than competitive.

Keep this form up over a season and we'll get 67 point and finish 10 points outside the top 7.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:30 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:I could see Rose was shattered so yes I wanted Graham on, why put him in the squad?

Jeez you must be the only one watching intently :roll: .
There was absolutely no intention of playing Butcher up front.
Bury, Swindon and now us commenting on his negative try to hold on tactics, we can't all be"facing the opposite way"
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:34 pm

If he has no intention of playing Graham them why sit him on the bench?

BTW don't get toi happy with Danny's good form, he's playing for his escape in January.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:41 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Bury, Swindon and now us commenting on his negative try to hold on tactics, we can't all be"facing the opposite way"

Would love to have access to a heat map. Because we don’t I can’t disprove stupid statements like this.

Of course he had to run around and track because we didn’t have the bloody ball. Should we just stand three players on the edge of their box just to make sure it’s clear to you that they’re strikers?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:53 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

I

Would love to have access to a heat map. Because we don’t I can’t disprove stupid statements like this.

Of course he had to run around and track because we didn’t have the bloody ball. Should we just stand three players on the edge of their box just to make sure it’s clear to you that they’re strikers?

It's about opinions but that's twice you've resorted to being a condescending dick without answering the 3 sets of fans of the same opinion!!!

You've now changed it to 3 strikers who was the 3rd striker that wasn't actually a striker cos they've never been known as a striker. Square pegs, round holes, ball don't stick, points thrown again.

I don't need a heat map to work that out
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:02 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

I

It's about opinions but that's twice you've resorted to being a condescending dick without answering the 3 sets of fans of the same opinion!!!

You've now changed it to 3 strikers who was the 3rd striker that wasn't actually a striker cos they've never been known as a striker. Square pegs, round holes, ball don't stick, points thrown again.

I don't need a heat map to work that out

The three strikers was just an example. Were you lambasting the square pegs in round holes when we were winning 2-1 with CJ up front and Atko at wing back?

Not having a recognised striker on the pitch had nothing to with Krystian Pearce’s terrible defending for the equaliser, something I’ve seen nobody mention. But that’s ok because he’s a round peg in a round hole.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:12 pm

Graham should have been the sub (if there had to be one), he’s a natural striker and would have stayed higher up the pitch. You’ve got to have a proper outlet and Butcher would obviously naturally drop a bit deeper inviting pressure. Once that sub was made we handed them the initiative whether Butcher was sent on as a striker or not. To say Flitcroft is supposedly such an advocate of youth you’d have thought he’d have put him on for 5 - 10 minutes instead of playing 2 midfielders up there! From the 5/6 times I’ve seen Graham play his hold up play has been impressive too. Teams will always concede late goals but Flitcroft doesn’t seem to be learning from his mistakes at all.

Fair point on the last goal too Musings, awful defending particularly after having a let off moments before with Olejniks excellent save. Considering how deep we had dropped, I can’t believe how much room they had in the middle to just pick a simple pass straight through the heart of the defence, we had 4 natural CM’s on at the time in Bishop, Elsnik, Butcher and Mellis, and not one of them was anywhere near the player who got the assist, where were they?
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:55 pm

What I don’t get is why aren’t the media picking up on this.

He has the worst record of any manager in our history, with one of the biggest budgets in history.

Why isn’t he being pulled up on his miserable and abject failure to achieve what he was bought in to do?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby RickyJ » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:26 am

MTFCMAD wrote:Yes.

Let’s sack the manager who’s only lost one league game this season and has us playing the best football since the early 2000s.

Strikers need to start putting there chances Away

You need strikers on the pitch at the end to be able to do that....
Sarifo, Sarifo, Sarifo!!!
RickyJ
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby abc » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:36 am

BH_Stag wrote:Graham should have been the sub (if there had to be one), he’s a natural striker and would have stayed higher up the pitch. You’ve got to have a proper outlet and Butcher would obviously naturally drop a bit deeper inviting pressure. Once that sub was made we handed them the initiative whether Butcher was sent on as a striker or not. To say Flitcroft is supposedly such an advocate of youth you’d have thought he’d have put him on for 5 - 10 minutes instead of playing 2 midfielders up there! From the 5/6 times I’ve seen Graham play his hold up play has been impressive too. Teams will always concede late goals but Flitcroft doesn’t seem to be learning from his mistakes at all.

Fair point on the last goal too Musings, awful defending particularly after having a let off moments before with Olejniks excellent save. Considering how deep we had dropped, I can’t believe how much room they had in the middle to just pick a simple pass straight through the heart of the defence, we had 4 natural CM’s on at the time in Bishop, Elsnik, Butcher and Mellis, and not one of them was anywhere near the player who got the assist, where were they?

But where was Pearce ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Bradders » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:39 am

BH_Stag wrote:Graham should have been the sub (if there had to be one), he’s a natural striker and would have stayed higher up the pitch.

Graham came on against Cambridge in the 84th minute. Four minutes later he gave the ball away and Cambridge got their equaliser. Possibly Flitcroft realised that he's a bit inexperienced for the holding role.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum