{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:12 pm

:) Well done Paul you can do it




User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5348
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby one f in mansfield » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:26 pm

Not heard the word burly for years .used to be right up there with chunky,tubby and portly when describing us bigger boned people.

That is a very big weight loss in a fairly short time , best of luck .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
User avatar
one f in mansfield
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:36 pm

Paul - Get a Just Giving Page going. I’ll happily lose a few pounds of my own (£)
Last edited by EdwinstoweStag on Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6279
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby Spiritater » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:43 pm

Trouble is if he loses loadsa weight we'll have to call him 'Small to medium sized Paul' instead of just 'Big Paul'.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 18299
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:40 pm

5 stone in 4 months sounds dangerous and unsustainable. He'll put it all back on after the challenge ends, it always happens when people lose weight too quickly.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2772
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby stagone1959 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:23 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:Not heard the word burly for years .used to be right up there with chunky,tubby and portly when describing us bigger boned people.

That is a very big weight loss in a fairly short time , best of luck .




You forgot rotund
stagone1959
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 3:02 pm

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby chip63 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:47 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:5 stone in 4 months sounds dangerous and unsustainable. He'll put it all back on after the challenge ends, it always happens when people lose weight too quickly.


Does it matter if he does put it back on. He's trying to make and will make money for cancer research trying.
Good luck paul, right behind you mate in McDonald's wither spoons every kebab house and bacon sandwich.

Coyp
chip63
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby halifaxstag » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:51 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Paul - Get a Just Giving Pate going. I’ll happily lose a few pounds of my own (£)

If you watch the video it is at the end.
halifaxstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:18 am

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby PRL13 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:51 am

Do you really need to lose that much, Paul?
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:44 pm

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby Stoney » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:11 pm

Good luck Paul!
Stoney
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2816
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: Bolsover.

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:08 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:Paul - Get a Just Giving Pate going. I’ll happily lose a few pounds of my own (£)

If you watch the video it is at the end.


Thanks. got it.
I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6279
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby Jamie » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:30 pm

Thats a big ask in that time frame. I was always told 1lb of fat is equal to 3500 calories, so if you consume 500 calories less per day than you burn, you'll consistently lose 1lb of fat per week and have sustained weight loss and still have a life...

Given that. 5 stone is 70 lbs, which is 245000 calories. Over 120 days (4 months) that is a 2000 calory per day deficit required. Meaning if he was moderately active and burnt 2500 per day, he could only consume 500 calories per day... Sounds very tough to do that for so long.

I guess if you do a lot of exercise and burnt say 1000 more calories per day you could then eat those, making a more sustainable 1500 calory per day diet. But as you're doing an awful lot of exercise to burn 3500 per day in total. It's still a huge deficit and going to seriously impact your energy levels etc.

Good luck though Paul, my mate dropped about 5 stone last year. He's half the man he used to be and it's cleared up a few health issues too.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4388
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby Johnny H » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:07 pm

Stay off the beer.
Eat the right foods that are cooked in the healthiest way (No Oils etc)
At least 1/3rd of your plate to be (SPEED FOOD) either Steamed Veg or Salad.
The Slimming World Way !!!
I lost 3st 13lb in 5 months (17.5 down to 13.6)
I only did Gym style exercise on a few occasions too


Not quite as good as Stu did but it worked for me and i am sure it would Paul too
Johnny H
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:47 pm

Johnny H wrote:Stay off the beer.
Eat the right foods that are cooked in the healthiest way (No Oils etc)
At least 1/3rd of your plate to be (SPEED FOOD) either Steamed Veg or Salad.
The Slimming World Way !!!
I lost 3st 13lb in 5 months (17.5 down to 13.6)
I only did Gym style exercise on a few occasions too


Not quite as good as Stu did but it worked for me and i am sure it would Paul too


I hadn't seen Stu for ages, when we met in the SPB I genuinely did not recognise him at all, I'm not gay, but he looked fantastic :lol:

Great effort Johnny.
User avatar
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4048
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby Johnny H » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:04 pm

Rob wrote:
Johnny H wrote:Stay off the beer.
Eat the right foods that are cooked in the healthiest way (No Oils etc)
At least 1/3rd of your plate to be (SPEED FOOD) either Steamed Veg or Salad.
The Slimming World Way !!!
I lost 3st 13lb in 5 months (17.5 down to 13.6)
I only did Gym style exercise on a few occasions too


Not quite as good as Stu did but it worked for me and i am sure it would Paul too


I hadn't seen Stu for ages, when we met in the SPB I genuinely did not recognise him at all, I'm not gay, but he looked fantastic :lol:

Great effort Johnny.




Cheers !!

:coys:
Johnny H
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby Stephen » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:12 pm

Jamie wrote:Thats a big ask in that time frame. I was always told 1lb of fat is equal to 3500 calories, so if you consume 500 calories less per day than you burn, you'll consistently lose 1lb of fat per week and have sustained weight loss and still have a life...

Given that. 5 stone is 70 lbs, which is 245000 calories. Over 120 days (4 months) that is a 2000 calory per day deficit required. Meaning if he was moderately active and burnt 2500 per day, he could only consume 500 calories per day... Sounds very tough to do that for so long.

I guess if you do a lot of exercise and burnt say 1000 more calories per day you could then eat those, making a more sustainable 1500 calory per day diet. But as you're doing an awful lot of exercise to burn 3500 per day in total. It's still a huge deficit and going to seriously impact your energy levels etc.

Good luck though Paul, my mate dropped about 5 stone last year. He's half the man he used to be and it's cleared up a few health issues too.


Without wanting to go into too much detail theres a difference between fat loss and weight loss, what you describe is fat loss, and is what everybody really wants they just dont understand it thanks to weight watchers, the media and the kind, this is weight loss for Paul, i.e fat, muscle, water blah blah blah, what you describe for me is impossible for Paul to acheive, but weight loss he can do it and the very best of luck to you Paul
Twitter: @stephentsd
Stephen
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:18 pm

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby tuopolfpilf » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:01 am

He may need Help from 12th Stag
tuopolfpilf
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby Paul N » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:55 pm

Thank you all for your kind words of support.
I know this is a big challenge especially for me, but its one i'm going to grab by the horns and go for it.
I'm in the Boxing Gym 3 mornings a week at the moment, and then a 5 - 7 mile walk on Sundays, after a month this will then be upped to 5 days in the gym.
Of course my diet has changed , but this is a massive lifestyle change for me and one for the better that i want to hold onto.

I will go to hell and back, but i'm determined to succeed and raise as much money as possible for Cancer Research Uk.
Again thank you all for your support and if anybody would like to donate to my cause click the link is below.

http://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulnyland

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
paul.nyland@mansfieldtown.net
facebook.com/mansfieldtownfccommercial
twitter.com/MTFCCommercial
User avatar
Paul N
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:35 pm

Good for you Paul. If you reach the ambitious goal or not, you'll still have achieved a great deal by the end.

Good luck.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2772
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby chip63 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:43 am

I think Andy should do it with you ( if still around )
Luckily not a Brentford away or Rotherham on your months.
Good luck my friend and I've bet you beating Joshua at 20000 - 1 :D
Cheers Mez :D
Happy days.
chip63
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:25 am

:) Any news on progress being made
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5348
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Paul Nyland Fitness Challenge

Postby manssmooth » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:17 am

Yeah i've gained 3 pound :lol:
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:22 am


Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bob ledgers barber, edwinscott, La Manga Stag, Martin Shaw, patstag, pen, Sandy Pate Best Stag, smulls, stagtastic1 and 46 guests