{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Is Hamilton being de-valued?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Is Hamilton being de-valued?

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:51 am

Rob wrote:
abc wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:CJ is our best player, easily Champ standard.

He's a good lad, with a great attitude and one of my favourite players at the club.

He has the potential to be our best player and maybe one day play at a higher level, but he's nowhere near championship standard at the moment.

I watch a lot of Forest, I know, family affliction etc. He'd walk into their side, he has pace and skill, a bit raw but better than what Forest have. He absolutely could play Champ now, he would revel in the better quality and service he would get. He's the best footballer we have had in many, many years, we absolutely must invest in him and ensure we get full value when he moves up. He is twice the player Clucas ever will be.

He isn't that good footballer at all, it's all the pace. He's nowhere near the player Clucas is Einstein but he is lighting quick. I thought someone of your superior intelligence would know that.

:lol: Simpleton.

He seems to relish the opportunity that this forum offers to be abusive
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:20 am

Answer to above No - not in my opinion

I don’t think he is as good as clucas was and if you have followed Clucas’ career you will note he has played in various positions including wing back

I actually think CJ is improving as a player and think playing at wing back has helped him positionally and his tactical understanding

I think he was in danger of becoming another quick but inconsistent winger who didn’t damage teams as much as he should

I think he will continue to improve (he appears to want to learn) and hope he will be here for a long time yet

Well done CJ - top man
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:23 am

He has more than just pace as he proved yesterday. ABC the clown!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:37 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:He has more than just pace as he proved yesterday. ABC the clown!!!

Why do you put that ? I have always been a fan of CJ but he is nowhere near the footballer Clucas is, I am not saying he isn't a decent footballer just that his main attribute is pace and that is something all teams need. You clown ! :roll:
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:57 pm

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:

He's a good lad, with a great attitude and one of my favourite players at the club.

He has the potential to be our best player and maybe one day play at a higher level, but he's nowhere near championship standard at the moment.

I watch a lot of Forest, I know, family affliction etc. He'd walk into their side, he has pace and skill, a bit raw but better than what Forest have. He absolutely could play Champ now, he would revel in the better quality and service he would get. He's the best footballer we have had in many, many years, we absolutely must invest in him and ensure we get full value when he moves up. He is twice the player Clucas ever will be.

You're a long way off with this IMO Rob. CJ has scored 3 football league goals in 71 appearances. His pace makes him superbly effective at this level, and possibly even at League One level, but his athletic ability far outstrips his technical ability. If you gave him Khan's pace for example he's barely League Two standard. Of course with intense coaching and age on his side I'm not saying he could not improve in the future to play at Championship level, but there is no way he's Championship standard at the moment. You say he would benefit from better service but it's not lack of service which means he doesn't flourish here, it's his decision making and his inability to strike a ball properly at the moment.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:05 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:

You're a long way off with this IMO Rob. CJ has scored 3 football league goals in 71 appearances. His pace makes him superbly effective at this level, and possibly even at League One level, but his athletic ability far outstrips his technical ability. If you gave him Khan's pace for example he's barely League Two standard. Of course with intense coaching and age on his side I'm not saying he could not improve in the future to play at Championship level, but there is no way he's Championship standard at the moment. You say he would benefit from better service but it's not lack of service which means he doesn't flourish here, it's his decision making and his inability to strike a ball properly at the moment.

Rob was actually suggesting he's twice the player than Clucas, who put in some really good performances in the Premier League for Hull and Swansea - he's more than a long way off!

That being said CJ is one of the better wide players in this divison but plenty of improvement is needed, and it's not going to happen at Nottingham Forest for a while :lol:
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:36 pm

Conker wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Rob was actually suggesting he's twice the player than Clucas, who put in some really good performances in the Premier League for Hull and Swansea - he's more than a long way off!

That being said CJ is one of the better wide players in this divison but plenty of improvement is needed, and it's not going to happen at Nottingham Forest for a while :lol:
CJ is a key player for us, but not yet good enough for the Championship. He has improved greatly since AM signed him, and I'm sure he will continue to improve.

I think his finishing has so far stopped him being good enough for a higher level. This aspect seems to be improving following his goal on Saturday.

He appears to be a team player, illustrated by the fact he is willing to play in a position which is not his natural one. I'm glad he plays for us rather than against us.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:27 pm

CJ is not a wing back/defender at all - had said for along while.

Once a change had been made yesterday with Atkinson coming on as a RB and then releasing CJ to create havoc up front with his pace right and left where imo he should be and changed the game.

He needs to be up front on a wing.

And how many times when CJ was in midfield there were 2 players up against him? If you are having 2 players against him then let it be further up the pitch.

Methinks opposition teams have done their homework and try to nullify CJ's effectiveness as far back as possible in our own half and realising that he is a bit weak on the defending aspects (as per a recognised full back).

Hope DF might reconsider CJ's role hereonin............
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby Vice President » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:41 pm

CJ needs to be playing in the attacking half of the pitch - even if that means him assuming a super-sub role rather than playing at right (wing) back.

The trouble is, with White injured we don't have a proper right back. So whether it's CJ/Anderson/Atkinson/Sweeney ..... they are all playing out of position at right back.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby withnail » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:14 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:

I spoke to a couple of WBA fans after the cup match; they asked who the fast lad was on the left wing, they reckoned he was absolute class and that their defenders couldn't cope with him.
withnail
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:18 pm

That's fine but he was playing against a 35 year old signed on a short term deal who is not Championship standard. Also, as you've seen from this forum and in this very thread, fans opinions differ wildly.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:28 pm

Playing on the right isn't great for CJ's crosses, but good for scoring. Perhaps if he can be relieved of defensive duties we'll see the best from him soon.
At least those who claim that he's our worst player might be forced to round on someone else.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum