{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Cobblers Scorefred sponsored by Dig Our Heels In

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Cobblers Scorefred sponsored by Dig Our Heels In

Postby Jamie » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:24 am

Even three more wins on the bounce only takes it to 33.3%, and following a 4 game win streak. Hardly a wild swing or an impressive figure.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:32 am

An increase of 9% isn't a noteable swing? :shock:
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:55 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Conker wrote:Weird to win 4-0, should have been 6 but still finding it hard to find confidence for the season ahead.

If was a poor first half except for the individual brilliance (and shocking defending) second half we improved and deserved the 4-0 finish.

Northampton were abysmal though, they gave up in that second half. We need to get two wins on the bounce now.

Surely no coincidence that once he went to a flat back four, took poor again Walker off and moved CJ further forward???

Haha! This explains a lot. Are you sure you watch the games Woody?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:56 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:An increase of 9% isn't a noteable swing? :shock:

You said wild. I said wild...

Wild, no... Notable yes.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:03 am

Jamie wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:An increase of 9% isn't a noteable swing? :shock:

You said wild. I said wild...

Wild, no... Notable yes.

All down to perceptions I guess, but I'd say a 9% swing of success in 3 games is wilder than a David Attenborough program! ;)
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:23 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Conker wrote:Weird to win 4-0, should have been 6 but still finding it hard to find confidence for the season ahead.

If was a poor first half except for the individual brilliance (and shocking defending) second half we improved and deserved the 4-0 finish.

Northampton were abysmal though, they gave up in that second half. We need to get two wins on the bounce now.

Surely no coincidence that once he went to a flat back four, took poor again Walker off and moved CJ further forward???

Certainly do for far too many years, I do watch from pitch level though and it looked like a back four and that was the general consensus in the Sandy afterwards, if it wasnt then I take it back, it's not hard to admit you are wrong, you should try it sometimes ;)
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:43 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Certainly do for far too many years, I do watch from pitch level though and it looked like a back four and that was the general consensus in the Sandy afterwards, if it wasnt then I take it back, it's not hard to admit you are wrong, you should try it sometimes ;)

You should know by now Woodclanger if you dare to have a different opinion to the Flipflop lovers you are for it 1
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:57 am

It's not a different opinion fans struggle with, it's the constant whiney negativity in every post :lol:
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:59 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:It's not a different opinion fans struggle with, it's the constant whiney negativity in every post :lol:

How very true, MotB
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:12 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:It's not a different opinion fans struggle with, it's the constant whiney negativity in every post :lol:

So those of us that are not in the happy clapper brigade aren't real fans ? Just because some are't getting carried away by one decent win doesn't mean they are negative, more realistic. As I have said in a previous post I really hope Flipflop proves us doubters wrong. If some wanted us to lose games just to be rid of Flipflop then that would be negative and I for one don't agree with that.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:35 pm

abc wrote:

So those of us that are not in the happy clapper brigade aren't real fans ? Just because some are't getting carried away by one decent win doesn't mean they are negative, more realistic. As I have said in a previous post I really hope Flipflop proves us doubters wrong. If some wanted us to lose games just to be rid of Flipflop then that would be negative and I for one don't agree with that.

Wow, you've made more hops/skips & jumps in your assumptions to put Jonathan Edwards to shame :P

Where did I accuse anyone of not being a fan? Clearly something to I hide there I reckon!! :lol:

Some fans seem to feast on defeat, not necessarily for enjoyment or to wallow in misery. They selectively filter out aspects to suit their agenda rather than the whole picture, rarely looking as to 'why' and concentrating on the 'what', as its easier to feed their propaganda. Often posts lack balance, refuse to consider one supposition opposed to another, and can hijack unrelated threads to steer back to their subject.

Stagsnet is littered with these posts over its history. As I'm told so many times : the facts don't lie! ;)

That's their opinion though and up to them as a 'realist' :D
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:42 pm

:oops:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
abc wrote:

Wow, you've made more hops/skips & jumps in your assumptions to put Jonathan Edwards to shame :P

Where did I accuse anyone of not being a fan? Clearly something to I hide there I reckon!! :lol:

Some fans seem to feast on defeat, not necessarily for enjoyment or to wallow in misery. They selectively filter out aspects to suit their agenda rather than the whole picture, rarely looking as to 'why' and concentrating on the 'what', as its easier to feed their propaganda. Often posts lack balance, refuse to consider one supposition opposed to another, and can hijack unrelated threads to steer back to their subject.

Stagsnet is littered with these posts over its history. As I'm told so many times : the facts don't lie! ;)

That's their opinion though and up to them as a 'realist' :D

:shock:
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:55 pm

It's OK bud, each to their own opinion. That's what being a realist is all about ;)
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:50 pm

Jamie wrote:Even three more wins on the bounce only takes it to 33.3%, and following a 4 game win streak. Hardly a wild swing or an impressive figure.

Our win % in the league this season is 33% already with 66% in other competitions or 42% in all competitions.
3 more wins in the league will take it to 50% (53% all comps)
Lies,damn lies and statistics. You can use them which ever way you want.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:43 pm

It's a FACT that DF has won 100% of the games he gained 3 points from. ;) :lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:33 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

When it happens I'll give you a shout ;)

Until then it was indeed the same formation in terms of wing backs, with Atkinson slotting in nicely in a position you have previously said he could not play and CJ exploited the space in behind as Northampton attempted (awfully) to get back into the game.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:54 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:58 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

I predicted 2-0 and a sacking, but close enough ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:11 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

The way he reacted in the post match interview wasn't good.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:21 pm

When Atkinson came on we did change formation. We went 1 up top with Khan and Hamilton in behind. The same formation we played against Exeter.

We certainly didn't go 4 at the back.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:41 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

When it happens I'll give you a shout ;)

Until then it was indeed the same formation in terms of wing backs, with Atkinson slotting in nicely in a position you have previously said he could not play and CJ exploited the space in behind as Northampton attempted (awfully) to get back into the game.

Please show me where I said Atko can't play right back, your wrong so could be your first admission :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:10 pm

You said he was too slow to play wide right.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:56 am

MTFCMusings wrote:You said he was too slow to play wide right.

Pin that quote up then laddie? :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:49 am

It's not in this thread, so I can't, it was something you said a while ago. Check your past posts and you will find it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:11 am

MTFCMusings wrote:It's not in this thread, so I can't, it was something you said a while ago. Check your past posts and you will find it.

I have and it wasn't me, now then what do you do when wrong? :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum