{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Murray, Evans and Flitcroft

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Murray, Evans and Flitcroft

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:39 pm

The One wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Sneag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Every game I have been to this season, we have created enough chances to win the game, so the philosophy is not the problem, the finishing is. Whoever the manager was, they cannot be blamed for poor finishing.

Perhaps if we attacked for 90minutes instead of 60minutes we might score that all important 2nd goal.

True Sneagy, although if we'd put away our chances earlier in those 60 mins we'd be 2 or 3-0 up by then and out of sight. Given how many chances the team creates, that should be feasible, at least in some games? That would negate some of the last 20 mins negativity.

Law of averages would perhaps suggest we'd have a couple more victories if we'd been more clinical, and I doubt we'd have half the reverb on here. Even so, I do agree we need a killer instinct to get a late winner, but I recall it also being true this time last year...

Just a small point we didn't

Whoosh! :D

The whole gist of my post states we need to sort that. Fixing those small margins would mean we could be 4 points higher up the table.

Small...... margins ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:54 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
The One wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Sneag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Every game I have been to this season, we have created enough chances to win the game, so the philosophy is not the problem, the finishing is. Whoever the manager was, they cannot be blamed for poor finishing.

Perhaps if we attacked for 90minutes instead of 60minutes we might score that all important 2nd goal.

True Sneagy, although if we'd put away our chances earlier in those 60 mins we'd be 2 or 3-0 up by then and out of sight. Given how many chances the team creates, that should be feasible, at least in some games? That would negate some of the last 20 mins negativity.

Law of averages would perhaps suggest we'd have a couple more victories if we'd been more clinical, and I doubt we'd have half the reverb on here. Even so, I do agree we need a killer instinct to get a late winner, but I recall it also being true this time last year...

Just a small point we didn't

Whoosh! :D

The whole gist of my post states we need to sort that. Fixing those small margins would mean we could be 4 points higher up the table.

Small...... margins ;)

No whoosh about it. we are where we are and have had scoring problems under 3 different managers

Points total does not lie
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:30 am

The One wrote:
No whoosh about it. we are where we are and have had scoring problems under 3 different managers

Points total does not lie

True, but I wouldnt trust them in a court of law either! ;)

Points only give half the story. Many a critic seem happy to overlook the full story because it weakens their agenda. Why take into account the reasons when you're happily measuring and sawing gallows timber? :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum