{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:38 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:Anderson should have also been on the bench. He has the experience to see games out regardless of what hissy fits are going off behind closed doors

We lost 9 points last season from winning or drawing positions with Anderson on the pitch.

9 points in the scheme of things isnt that bad... i know you have a vendetta...

If having a vendetta is thinking a player isn't very good then yes I do.

There's no such thing as 'having the experience to see out games'.

Of course there is. Having the mental capacity to deal with it for one. That all comes with experience.

Disagree. Conrad Logan is 32 and has played 200 plus games. Couldn't catch a ball in the last minute and we throw away two points. Age and experience are no good without ability.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:46 pm

Of course there is. Having the mental capacity to deal with it for one. That all comes with experience.[/quote]

Disagree. Conrad Logan is 32 and has played 200 plus games. Couldn't catch a ball in the last minute and we throw away two points. Age and experience are no good without ability.[/quote]

But then there has also been times when conrad has kept us in games, a hell of a lot towards the end of last season, to the point he was a candidate for player of the season.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:49 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Of course there is. Having the mental capacity to deal with it for one. That all comes with experience.

Disagree. Conrad Logan is 32 and has played 200 plus games. Couldn't catch a ball in the last minute and we throw away two points. Age and experience are no good without ability.[/quote]

But then there has also been times when conrad has kept us in games, a hell of a lot towards the end of last season, to the point he was a candidate for player of the season.[/quote]

In your eyes maybe, not in mine.

But your original point that players with experience help you see out games. It's simply not true. Taking Logan as an example, yes there were times where he made good saves but an equal amount, if not more, where he made errors which cost goals. It all levels out over a season and the amount of experience he has, has no bearing on his technical ability to catch a ball or stop a shot.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Ridge » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:11 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Ridge wrote:And we've already dropped 6 points from winning positions in just 8 games, without him in the team.

And you think one player is going to change that? Did any of you even watch him play last season?

That old saying about getting better when you're not playing is really ringing true here. Anyone would think we have the League Two Messi playing in our reserves.

But one player caused us to drop the 9 points last season? :lol:

I'm not saying Anderson will be the answer but think he's at least worth a try, if fit.
Ridge
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:21 pm

Ridge wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Ridge wrote:And we've already dropped 6 points from winning positions in just 8 games, without him in the team.

And you think one player is going to change that? Did any of you even watch him play last season?

That old saying about getting better when you're not playing is really ringing true here. Anyone would think we have the League Two Messi playing in our reserves.

But one player caused us to drop the 9 points last season? :lol:

I'm not saying Anderson will be the answer but think he's at least worth a try, if fit.

I didn't say he did, but someone said that his experience would help us see out games....
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:05 pm

The One wrote:No player ratings yet Marty?

Martin Shaw wrote:apologies no not yet, due to other priorities. I will do them this evening.

apologies for the delay. My player ratings now on.
I also tweaked the report on Sunday after going through the game again in making the highlights.
http://stagsnet.net/match/reports/viewr ... atchid=945
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum