{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Losing patience...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Losing patience...

Postby Surfingstag1 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:49 pm

Statistically, under the current management team, we have no chance of advancement from league 2
As our current stated ambition, and long held desire by the faithful, is to advance up the football league then tough decisions must be made
Sorry, but Flitcroft appears to be a nice bloke but not a winner
Surfingstag1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:13 pm

abc wrote:Time for Flipflop to go.

Or you?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:16 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Or you?

The block facility is highly recommended Edders, there are a number of posts on here I can't read, nor do I want to :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Rob wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Or you?

The block facility is highly recommended Edders, there are a number of posts on here I can't read, nor do I want to :lol:

Like yours! :mrgreen:
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:42 pm

I don’t think we have the correct players to play 3 4 1 2 as a result players are being shoehorned into a formation that doesn’t suit them. Prime example from the last Home game is CJ and white in defensive situations one drops into right back and the other falls into the left wing position leaving the defence unbalanced and a huge hole in the left back position. This is resulting in conseeding goals.

I think we have the players for a 442 formation. But we do need a striker and a right wing.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:04 pm

The real question is why are we so rank?

Players?
Manager?
Or something else?

I see Steve 'terrible manager' Evans is 2nd with Peterborough.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:15 pm

Who gives a toss where the fat raspberry who’s spent the best part of a million is?
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:22 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:The real question is why are we so rank?

Players?
Manager?
Or something else?

Shame we weren't good enough for him then isn't it ?

Maybe you could enlighten us on what great benefit he brought to our club ?

And what great legacy he left us with come to that?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:28 pm

Quite right abc, maybe someone with a better win ratio.

Hang on a minute Martin Allen had a fab win ratio in our league with Barnet towards the end of last season.

We may get lucky, I've heard a whisper that he may be out of a job soon.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby awalkinthepark » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:The real question is why are we so rank?

Players?
Manager?
Or something else?

Doesn't that beg the question why were we only two points better off after 8 games last season compared to this ? And this after an extra transfer window and a squad entirely of his choosing. How come last season we needed half a season to gel and yet Posh hit the floor running. Irrelevant I suppose, he left, he is history.
awalkinthepark
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:40 pm

I’d have a lot more time for him if the results were just unlucky and not the direct result of him going needlessly defensive in a game you’re the better side in, conceding needlessly and holding on, again and again and again the thinking you’re unlucky.

Or playing 451 at home and playing tyler walker.

Or playing CJ Hamilton as a wing back.

We’ve already had 3 1-1s against Colchester, Macclesfield and Cambridge where we were winning, the better side, tried to hold on and go defensive and it didn’t work. Add those to Lincoln, Colchester again, and port vale you’d really have thought he’d learn. Maybe when you’ve such a poor win ratio something would click and make you wonder what’s going on, but hey.

Evidently he doesn’t.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:02 pm

I was at all those games.The only one we deserved to win was the Colchester game.The other two we were were the side hanging on.The manager can only pick a team from the players available.Everyone must agree.The main priority of the manager is to play the players in the correct positions.Flitcroft is not doing that imo.Example.Hamilton should not be at right back.Three at the back is not working.Mackdonald is a pocket dynamo but very little end result.We have quality players it is the managers job to mould them into a team.I just hope he can get it right.I am not so sure he can.Just glad I am not a manager.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:04 pm

Go now can’t see anything changing average flopper with average flipper helping him
He had his chance last season and this
Go go asap
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Field Mill » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:12 pm

We need to step back and look at this properly. Forget the cup games. It's not fair to include a game against soon to be Premier League West Brom or a romp against Accys reserves in Flitcrofts stats. The key figure is 4 wins in 20 league games.
We need to remember that he was brought in specifically to usher us into the Play Offs using his knowledge of the division and the resources at his disposal. He wasn't tasked with a rebuild or a blank canvas,it was a very clear mandate. Steer the ship into port.
Clearly on those terms he's been a massive failure. And this season? Early days, but given the investment it's a poor start. You could be sitting mid table on a third of our budget. I was hammered on here last term for saying we can play when the pressure is off but I repeat the charge. We look miles off. The Radfords deserve better however well DF comes across in his interviews he's a lucky lucky man.
Field Mill
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:22 pm

Where was these thread this time last season? After 8 games Evans managed to win 3 draw 4 and lose 1. We have dropped 2 points so far.

Infact I read that someone on here is demanding flitcroft wins his next 2 games. If he does that we would have more points than last season at this point.

It is still far too early to judge properly. Odd that the consensus on here is that Evans pretty much had us automatically up last season yet Evans had a slightly better start than Flitcroft had but Evans had 2 transfer windows to sort his team out and a nigh on blank chequebook. Flitcroft has had one and 3 expensive players who have barely played.

Flitcroft is doing fine.

Just to let you know that at this point last season Notts County were 1st in the table and are doing fine, right?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:39 pm

Last 30 minutes today I thought we were shocking . I think it's too early for Flitcroft to go , simply because I think if we had taken half the chances so far this season then we would be in the top 3 . Usually I'd be happy with an away point but Cambridge were a poor team . It's the first time I've looked at the league table for weeks and can't believe where we are . We can't continue to keep drawing . There are teams out there with a worse budget and managers with less experience doing better than us . Cowley has done a remarkable job since going to Lincoln . Think he played a handful of non league games and was a P.E teacher for God's and is putting us to shame .
Things have to change sooner rather than later . There are no excuses . Most of the squad have played a full season together .
We played some nice football at times today and should of put the game to bed . Flitcroft keeps on about the fitness levels being a lot better well I don't agree .
It will only a matter of time that the home crowds turn on the manager and players if this trend continues . The system isnt working . Benning and White still got forward when we played 442 so it's not like we wouldn't still create chances .
Let's see where we are in ten games
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:03 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Where was these thread this time last season? After 8 games Evans managed to win 3 draw 4 and lose 1. We have dropped 2 points so far.

Infact I read that someone on here is demanding flitcroft wins his next 2 games. If he does that we would have more points than last season at this point.

It is still far too early to judge properly. Odd that the consensus on here is that Evans pretty much had us automatically up last season yet Evans had a slightly better start than Flitcroft had but Evans had 2 transfer windows to sort his team out and a nigh on blank chequebook. Flitcroft has had one and 3 expensive players who have barely played.

Flitcroft is doing fine.

Just to let you know that at this point last season Notts County were 1st in the table and are doing fine, right?

Flitcroft is doing fine ? I be interested to see what your idea of failure is.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:38 pm

Might it be a case of seeing what happens after Christmas?

Can anyone see where thisbadly needed run of wins is going to come from?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:49 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Might it be a case of seeing what happens after Christmas?

Can anyone see where thisbadly needed run of wins is going to come from?

Well, we’ve got a poor Northampton side at home next week. A win over those is expected, there are no excuses.

Those and Oldham really give us a good chance to get back on track.
Last edited by adamstag on Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:07 pm

The question has to be ‘why’, formation, tactics, players which is it ?
I’ve never been convinced by playing three since he started, we just don’t seem comfortable at it added with the fact the wing backs don’t seem to be able to defend.
Tactics for me are just shocking, why are we sitting back and trying to soak up the pressure each time we lead a game every man and his dog could see it was going to be a draw

players now on paper we must have one of the best squads in the league !

For me this has to rest firmly at the feet of the management, yes I’ve never been a convert from day one I admit it, I Cannot get those comments from Swindon fans out my head ‘ he just tries to train his way out of problems, you are welcome to him’

John Radford deserves so much better from his manager than Flip Flop is producing atm, can he improve can he turn it around?

I just don’t know, what I do know is I’m bloody sick of feeling so frustrated at 17:00hrs on Saturdays
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stags4eva » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:28 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Where was these thread this time last season? After 8 games Evans managed to win 3 draw 4 and lose 1. We have dropped 2 points so far.

Flitcroft is doing fine.

We have dropped 2 points so far? How do you work that out like???
stags4eva
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:50 pm

stags4eva wrote:

Flitcroft is doing fine.

We have dropped 2 points so far? How do you work that out like???

He means compared to our start last year.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:33 pm

Lets put this into perspective. I was not a fan of the fat controller and im not a fan of floppy either. Im not comparing one against the other because they are both raspberry failures. We have a decent set of players that should be getting better results. However they are being totally mismanaged by a clueless idiot with total inept tactics. Three at the back is not working for us. It needs changing to 442 or 433. Playing people out of position is not working, ie hamilton is not a wing back and playing on wrong side of the pitch. Starting one strikers for a home game with last seasons leading striker on the bench. Its one major tactical error after another. And the worse of all is trying to defend a one goal lead by dropping the line of defense to the six yard box and putting eleven players back behind the ball. Its tactical suicide inviting pressure from all angles and a recipe for failure as we are seeing since he arrived and has been costing the team points hand over fist. The fault only lands squarely in one place with flitcroft. JR needs to invite him into the office and shake him warmly by the throat and tell him to sort it out now. It can be sorted easily by a proper manager. Get the system right with four at the back. Tell the defense and the midfield to play higher up the pitch and the strikers to spend 99% of the game in the opposition half of the pitchand as much time in the 18yd box as possible facing goal with the ball. We will win a lot more games.Do This and we have a chance. Keep doing what we are doing and 15th will turn into 22nd and the sack. Your pick flitcroft get it sorted
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:39 pm

Well that's the last two away league games that the entire away following can see we are under pressure and we are going to concede, one man can't see it!!!

How about a bit of proactive management David to stop it happening, what the chuff does he say at HT as we are atrocious second half again.

Be proactive by ditching the formation and getting back to basics with two solid banks of four and build from there, although suppose it doesn't matter what formation when they'll be told to sit back second half.

Poor poor management so far.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:14 am

gazza1988 wrote: Flitcroft is doing fine.

Yeah, after all the money Radford has spent and the freedom he has given him I'm sure he agrees with you that he is doing fine after blowing our season last season and guiding us into a brilliant 16th place with 2 wins out of 8 so far this season.

I've been told that Flitcroft needs to be top 5 at Christmas or he will be gone, this is from somebody who knows the Radfords but isn't even interested in football so has no reason to lie.

I suspect if it carries on like this it won't even be that long. I feel so sorry for JR, he's doing absolutely everything he can to get us into league one.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum