{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

info for Stags fans at Cambridge

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

info for Stags fans at Cambridge

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:35 am

We are looking forward to Mansfield Town's visit to the Abbey Stadium on Saturday 22nd Septe.
Cambridge Fans United have produced a new information sheet I have attached.
link here --> http://stagsnet.net/images/CUFC-Mansfie ... mation.pdf

As you are one of the first to receive it, we would appreciate any comments you have.

There's also the official CUFCwebsite Away Fans information available through this link: http://www.cambridgefansunited.org/away ... ation.html ) .

Away Supporters Information - Building For The Future
www.cambridgefansunited.org

A warm welcome to all visiting supporters from Cambridge Fans United Match Day Information Cambridge United is a fan-friendly club ...

In particular, we can provide a commentary for visually impaired supporters. You need to book in advance and all the details are on the attachment. There is also a new Park and Ride service from Newmarket Road which might help with parking.
The service will allow fans to park their vehicles at Newmarket Road Park and Ride and use the bus service, with a return fare priced at £2.50. The service stop is at the match-day-only stop located outside the Abbey stadium.
Meanwhile, the return journey will collect passengers from the layby on the opposite side of the road. A bus will be waiting to board supporters at the final whistle, and will time its arrival in line with the end of the match.

Yours sincerely,
CFU Trust Board Member

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: info for Stags fans at Cambridge

Postby Bros » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:41 am

Coldhams Lane is a good place to park. Then it's a 10 min walk through the park to arrive at the away end. Just be careful of the cyclists!
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:50 am

A warm welcome, ? Alas we are very rarely allowed in the supporters club, and the nearest pub is a hike
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:03 pm

Been in supporters club last three times.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:15 am

I thought that was a few old dodderers from the SSA bus allowed in, cheers Kernow, will give it a try
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:37 am

More than a bus full in !!
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:48 pm

Bros wrote:Coldhams Lane is a good place to park. Then it's a 10 min walk through the park to arrive at the away end. Just be careful of the cyclists!

A14 on to B1047

stop at the Chippy , sit down job and far better than the microwave burgers served at the ground . Directly opposite chippy on to housing estate follow roads round to Ditton Lane . keep going till you reach the bollards blocking the road . 5 minutes walk down the rest of Ditton lane to supporters club . if you go on to Ditton lane from Newmarket road you cannot get past the bollards and it takes ages to get away .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:49 pm

I've always had the impression that The U's don't like us very much, no idea why but always felt that they & also the BBC Cambrideshite commentary teams looked down their noses at us a bit.
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:25 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:
Bros wrote:Coldhams Lane is a good place to park. Then it's a 10 min walk through the park to arrive at the away end. Just be careful of the cyclists!

A14 on to B1047

stop at the Chippy , sit down job and far better than the microwave burgers served at the ground . Directly opposite chippy on to housing estate follow roads round to Ditton Lane . keep going till you reach the bollards blocking the road . 5 minutes walk down the rest of Ditton lane to supporters club . if you go on to Ditton lane from Newmarket road you cannot get past the bollards and it takes ages to get away .

Food used to be brilliant at Cambridge, they were famous for their bacon baguettes. Last time I went, I had a burger made from cardboard.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:43 pm

Rob wrote:

A14 on to B1047

Food used to be brilliant at Cambridge, they were famous for their bacon baguettes. Last time I went, I had a burger made from cardboard.

Last couple of Seasons , hot dogs and burgers came in sealed foil bags and drinks were paper cups with something in the bottom that you pour warm water on to . Terrible catering '.
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:59 pm

The cheeseburger I purchased from the vendor outside their supporters bar was, without doubt, the most disgusting thing I’ve ever put in my mouth!

Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:19 pm

A14 on to B1047

Don’t tell everyone Dave, there will be no spaces for us regulars :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:34 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:The cheeseburger I purchased from the vendor outside their supporters bar was, without doubt, the most disgusting thing I’ve ever put in my mouth!

Once I caught a fish alive.

Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:03 pm

Then i let it go again
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:26 am

Chimney wrote:I thought that was a few old dodderers from the SSA bus allowed in, cheers Kernow, will give it a try

Yes , looked in window last season and saw you in there. :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:50 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:The cheeseburger I purchased from the vendor outside their supporters bar was, without doubt, the most disgusting thing I’ve ever put in my mouth!

:lol: :lol: You do like to set yourself up Edders :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:00 pm

Dan wrote:

:lol: :lol: You do like to set yourself up Edders :D

I’m sure I have absolutely no idea what you mean, Dan :o
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum