{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tim Sherwood

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Tim Sherwood

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:16 pm

What a tool he is.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11492904/tim-sherwood-calls-for-lower-league-teams-to-become-feeder-clubs-for-premier-league-big-boys

Premier league clubs arguably have feeder clubs already in foreign leagues.

Officially naming clubs as feeder clubs and preventing a future evolution for that club i.e promotions up the pyramid would destroy our football system.

You just have to look at the leagues 20 years ago. Huddersfield, Hull, Swansea, Cardiff where regulars down here. Oldham, Swindon, Coventry where at the top table.

Who's to say in 20 years that we couldn't be regulars in the championship fighting for promotion (not saying we will) but that dream would die under the model Sherwood proposes not just for us but for all lower league supporters.

It's something the FA should never allow to happen.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Re: Tim Sherwood

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:42 pm

Another failed manager.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:50 pm

This is easily done:

1 - Stop Premier side’s farming out their younger players to foreign teams and charging ridiculous amounts for loan fees.

2 - Send the younger players out on loan to English Football League sides without requesting loan fees.

3 - Make the Premier side or the side loaning the player out pay for his wages. The Premier League pay ridiculous wages at a young age to avoid their players being ‘poached’ so it is only fair that they cover their wages whilst developing and gaining game time.

4 - Stop Premier Clubs signing young players from abroad and stockpiling them to avoid them playing for opponents and other sides.

Oh wait.....it won’t work as the Premier League side’s wouldn’t make money out of it.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:55 pm

Limit the number of overseas players to (say) three in the match day squad in the English senior leagues.

The big clubs would HAVE to develop and use their own players, or buy from lower league clubs, as was historically the case.

This would ensure a fairer cascade of football money, and it would help our national teams as well.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:35 pm

Like the large super market chains the Cash League won't be happy until they have forced everybody else out of business. Stopped watching Cash League matches about five years ago now. No interest to me at all.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:57 pm

Chris M wrote:Like the large super market chains the Cash League won't be happy until they have forced everybody else out of business. Stopped watching Cash League matches about five years ago now. No interest to me at all.
I havn't had any interest in the Premier League for ages.

Far too much money involved.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:15 pm

What an arrogant prat
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby jeevesthestag » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:21 pm

This sort of nonsense argument from Sherwood makes the huge assumption that England is the be all and end all of football. Hundreds of thousands of people who support teams outside of the premier would rather England never win another tournament rather than have there team become a premier league B team.
jeevesthestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby die hirsche » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:08 am

bellwhiff wrote:What an arrogant prat

:lol: :lol: :lol:
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:12 am

i don’t get the B team logic, by replacing proper teams with B teams/feeder clubs aren’t you effectively replicating reserve leagues? The same reserve leagues that ‘aren’t competitive enough’?
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:33 am

Do one Sherwood!!
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Stockportstag » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:32 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Chris M wrote:Like the large super market chains the Cash League won't be happy until they have forced everybody else out of business. Stopped watching Cash League matches about five years ago now. No interest to me at all.
I havn't had any interest in the Premier League for ages.

Far too much money involved.

Totally agree. Can't stand the Premiership. It has ruined English Football.
Stockportstag
First Team
First Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum