{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby acasman » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:22 pm

Picture in Sunday Mirror of Imps fans with inflatable penises about a metre long. Story reads that its about them collecting for a testicular cancer charity. Your reckon ???
acasman
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:41 am

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby Dan » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:42 pm

They actually did do that as well mate. Think they tried to get a grand & ended up with more.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6587
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:34 am

'We went for it this season,' he says. 'We had triple the playing budget that Accrington had and they got promoted. Our playing budget is over £3m. We should get promoted. What the hell are we doing at the bottom of the league?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... itaph.html
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4802
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:29 pm

A bit like Alan’s other claim for this season, ‘If we don’t get promoted this year I am gonna plaster pictures of ‘my little alan’ all over twitter!’

To be fair he has kept one promise this year.
I am Spartacus
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 874
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:43 pm

It was around this time last year when Chesterfield beat top of the table Luton at home, then followed it up with a win at Yeovil and they were all feeling positive about making a climb away from the bottom - then they lost their next 4 and only picked up about 10 more points by the end of the season. That'd do for me.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
User avatar
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3721
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:48 pm
Location: Liverpool

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:08 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:A bit like Alan’s other claim for this season, ‘If we don’t get promoted this year I am gonna plaster pictures of ‘my little alan’ all over twitter!’

To be fair he has kept one promise this year.

I miss Alan on Twitter. Not the same without him.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12907
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:39 pm

From Lincolnshire Echo

Too little, too late for Notts?
It was the worst time to play Notts, who strengthened significantly during the transfer window. By all accounts, they’ve lacked character all season, but the new signings seem to have given them an injection of spirit and quality. If they keep playing like that, they will pick up some wins, but you fear it maybe too little, too late for them. They need 28 points from their final 16 games to reach the 50 mark, so they require play-off form from here on in. It still looks a very tall order for Ardley’s side.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4802
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby cerfjaune » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:25 am

Another article in the (national) Guardian about Notts. (Sorry, can’t do the link.) Can’t remember the Spirites getting so much sympathy this time last year.
Not that I think either club deserves any sympathy whatsoever.
cerfjaune
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:49 am

acasman wrote:Picture in Sunday Mirror of Imps fans with inflatable penises about a metre long. Story reads that its about them collecting for a testicular cancer charity. Your reckon ???


Correct. They raised a load of money and smashed the target whilst having a laugh at Mr Hardy’s expense.
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2875
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:47 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:A bit like Alan’s other claim for this season, ‘If we don’t get promoted this year I am gonna plaster pictures of ‘my little alan’ all over twitter!’

To be fair he has kept one promise this year.

I miss Alan on Twitter. Not the same without him.


I bet he's still on there Belly, in some guise or other - keep an eye out on County's Twitter page for handles like: Le Coq Sporting or Hand Solo :D


Back to the game, this Saturday's match will probably tell us all we need about the upcoming derby. I think Hardy's announcement, new faces and Boudewijn returning will make this a hard fought fixture
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
User avatar
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2608
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby Gruff » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:55 am

To "Rockin' All Over The World" by Status Quo

He spent 5 Mill to win the league
He's having a laugh.
Took a photo while he's having a bath
Alan Hardy's... raspberry is all over the web.

:getmecoat: :getmecoat: :getmecoat:
User avatar
Gruff
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:42 am

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby Amberheart » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:20 pm

According to the latest from Big Al they have a number of credible parties from all over the world , interested in buying the club , but no formal bid as yet .
Where have we heard that before
We dream the same dream,we want the same thing
User avatar
Amberheart
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2867
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby West Ham 1969 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:26 pm

Amberheart wrote:According to the latest from Big Al they have a number of credible parties from all over the world , interested in buying the club , but no formal bid as yet .
Where have we heard that before


Munto Finance anyone :lol:
West Ham 1969
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:18 pm

Minto Finance, I heard.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4853
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby steiner » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:43 am

Heard they were being sponsored by viagra next season as they are unable to stay up.
User avatar
steiner
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:41 pm

steiner wrote:Heard they were being sponsored by viagra next season as they are unable to stay up.


That would suit someone with the name HARDy
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6497
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby Jamie » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:54 pm

Thankfully that wasn't the case when he posted his pic of little Alan...
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4469
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:26 am

Has there been a slight shift in the outcome for the 16th, is it a flash in the pan or have Clownty at last found a backbone?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 18712
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:56 am

They definitely have more backbone and with Enzio back they have a bit of spark too. They could play a significant part in our promotion push. Hopefully we win at mardy lane and then they help us like yesterday. I wonder if Bish was saving himself a little for the county game?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2327
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:10 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:They definitely have more backbone and with Enzio back they have a bit of spark too. They could play a significant part in our promotion push. Hopefully we win at mardy lane and then they help us like yesterday. I wonder if Bish was saving himself a little for the county game?


Regarding Bishop I think the yellow card has been playing on his mind last few games, we'll need him at full speed against County though.

Given some of the tackles Tomlinson made yesterday he is more than a suitable replacement if Bish does pick up another yellow between now and game 37 to cover the two game suspension.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:14 am

Looking forward to a good hard fought local derby. Much better than a one sided game.

We need to be tighter at the back, especially at set pieces, clinical up front and the fans as vocal as possible.

:coys:
I am Spartacus
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 874
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby Big yella » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:03 pm

I like to think I'm not a superstitious person, but I posted last time we played them, that I have a horrible feeling our great run against them will come to an end whist they have the worst side in their history and we are flying. Well once again I have that sickly feeling and so am posting it again, hoping we get the same result.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3848
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby ParisStag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:12 pm

Big yella wrote:I like to think I'm not a superstitious person, but I posted last time we played them, that I have a horrible feeling our great run against them will come to an end whist they have the worst side in their history and we are flying. Well once again I have that sickly feeling and so am posting it again, hoping we get the same result.


I've never felt nervous going into a game vs Notts. Partly because I don't actually care that much about them and partly because it's Notts. We don't lose to them.
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4678
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby tibby » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:24 pm

My good god. Things like this can instantly back fire. Remember Sir Calvin Andrew away at the Spireites?
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1199
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:30 pm

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:37 pm

ParisStag wrote:
Big yella wrote:I like to think I'm not a superstitious person, but I posted last time we played them, that I have a horrible feeling our great run against them will come to an end whist they have the worst side in their history and we are flying. Well once again I have that sickly feeling and so am posting it again, hoping we get the same result.


I've never felt nervous going into a game vs Notts. Partly because I don't actually care that much about them and partly because it's Notts. We don't lose to them.


Are you a young man, when I was a young man we always got tonked?
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5412
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amberheart, BigGuy, Birminghamstag10, CassellsCap, chesystagsfan, Hjeldefan, Kernow, patstag, richardstag, smulls, sw19stag, wayno cordiniho and 61 guests