{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:19 pm

I'm genuinely sorry for the majority of Notts fans who could see their club diminish into dust. It could have been fine, but for 1 person who posted his Womble overground and a wombling free....always keep it underground! ;)

While some may say we walk a tightrope financially, I'm glad we have an owner who seems to live within his means.

I'm sure the oldest club in the league will find a buyer, but probably at basement prices in the basement league
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:22 pm

Let's look at the full picture....

AH owns several business including Paragon Interiors n Notts County FC

Paragon Interiors is the main feeder company keeping NCFC running to the sum of around 50k a week (alledgely)

Paragon Interiors now are in Administration so the company technically doesn't belong to AH. NO more spending no more loans just money if any left to pay creditors.

NCFC have 12 games left to the end of the season no money coming in from Paragon Interiors what's the chances of survival even if AH statement is true (More chance Notts winning the league)...

The chance of surviving is very slim I don't think AH will.use other of his business to bail out Notts.

Even if the creditors leave Notts alone AH n County have gone the same way Alan bath water went...
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:46 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:The Mansfield Down flag and gleefully enjoying our fate with the sheep lovers has come back to haunt them now for sure it seems.
I don't like to see any club fold even this bunch of clowns, but it looks like it's coming.......unless the god Teflonitis comes to their rescue.

Don't bet against it.

They won't go bust. A club like Notts will always find a buyer, but it may not be the one they want and it may not be in time to stop them going down. That's the hope anyway.

What is a club like Notts?

Bottom of the league, multi millions in debt, don't own the ground with a squad on a very big budget. Favourites to get relegated with only 12 games to go and still paying off previous managers with long contracts and their major loan provider in administration meaning loans will probably be called in.

I think they will be lucky if it stops as administration and not liquidation. Best scenario is they are playing in conference north and are still in existence. Likely hood they are AFC Notts County and working their way back up the pyramid. Anyone know where they can get a half reasonable ground fully equipped for wheelchairs and loads of toilets?

Didn't Hardy buy Ilkeston's ground? mebbe that's where they'll end up
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:58 am

ParisStag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:The Mansfield Down flag and gleefully enjoying our fate with the sheep lovers has come back to haunt them now for sure it seems.
I don't like to see any club fold even this bunch of clowns, but it looks like it's coming.......unless the god Teflonitis comes to their rescue.

Don't bet against it.

They won't go bust. A club like Notts will always find a buyer, but it may not be the one they want and it may not be in time to stop them going down. That's the hope anyway.

What is a club like Notts?

Bottom of the league, multi millions in debt, don't own the ground with a squad on a very big budget. Favourites to get relegated with only 12 games to go and still paying off previous managers with long contracts and their major loan provider in administration meaning loans will probably be called in.

I think they will be lucky if it stops as administration and not liquidation. Best scenario is they are playing in conference north and are still in existence. Likely hood they are AFC Notts County and working their way back up the pyramid. Anyone know where they can get a half reasonable ground fully equipped for wheelchairs and loads of toilets?

A club in a major city.
A club with a large fan-base for this league, let alone the one below.
A club with a better stadium and other facilities to work with than most other lower league clubs.
A club that, whether you want to keep hearing it or not, IS the oldest (professional club) in the world - that is an attraction to would be buyers who think they can market it.

Whatever division they're in, they'll attract interest. I'm not saying it will happen before they go into administration or go down, but it will happen before they go bust. Guaranteed.

And all this could be yours for a quid, if you let the administrators in first.

County may have all of the above PS, but like Port Vile, who I fancy to join them in the Conf, they are the smaller club in cities that really aren't big enough to hold two league clubs.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:13 am

Haha, great timing Notts Forest :D

@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:49 am

I thought Notts were funded by Paragon Leisure, part of the Golf and Leisure group and Paragon Interiors are the parent company of Paragon Leisure.

So by my (uneducated) calculation, the profit that Paragon Interiors were making, Hardy used as unsecured loans (at 4% interest) to Notts, and have been fromParagon Leisure, hence AH's claim that it won't affect Notts. This sounds dodgy as fluff to me, and I would half expect this to come tumbling down around his ears.

The big issue for Notts is that the cash-cow of Paragon Interiors can no longer bail them out to the tune of approx.£30k per week, and Paragon Leisure certainly couldn't. Hence the need for an immediate buyer.

Partly this will come down to the commitment of Hardy to either Paragon or Notts County. If he is prepared to "give" County away and write-off the debt to Paragon Leisure to save them, he is practically bankrupting himself. If he tries to get more money for the club to save his businesses and himself, the longer this gets drawn out, the harder it will be for Notts to pay wages etc. and increased risk of administration, hence the need for a quick sale.

I am sure there will be interesting developments/stories coming out over the next few days/weeks. It will be interesting to see how this all affects the players, who might suddenly feel at risk of not getting paid.
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:57 am

The Terrace will be an interesting listen on Friday on this matter and will dominate the conversation. Conversely if it had been us in this pickle and Clownty were in our position the focus would be how great Notts had been in the season and we'd get a couple of minutes on the subject if they could fit it in.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:16 am

That’s all Radio Nottingham do regardless, even if we got promoted they wouldn’t talk about it for long. They have no interest in Mansfield.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:09 am

From BBC Radio Nottingham:
Notts issued with a winding-up petition by HMRC #notts
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:23 am

Spiritater wrote:The Terrace will be an interesting listen on Friday on this matter and will dominate the conversation. Conversely if it had been us in this pickle and Clownty were in our position the focus would be how great Notts had been in the season and we'd get a couple of minutes on the subject if they could fit it in.

Lighten up mate. You're always playing the victim card. As a club we're moving away from this self depreciating mindset. Fans like you and me have to do it too.

Who gives a flying wotsit what happens on 'The Terrace', a show with a listenership of about 500.

The national papers are interested in us at the moment, and we're live.on Monday Night Football in 3 weeks. There's a lot to be happy about here at the moment. Would you rather we were in Notts' position, but had ait time.on The Terrace? No, didn't think so...
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:56 am

HMRC winding up petition being heard in three weeks. Hardy says they are being aggressive and assures fans it will be paid before the hearing.

The vultures are circling, how long until death is confirmed? Hardly encourages anyone to buy does it.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:00 am

Why wouldn't they take an aggressive approach, they want what they're owed before they get nowt.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:10 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:HMRC winding up petition being heard in three weeks. Hardy says they are being aggressive and assures fans it will be paid before the hearing.

The vultures are circling, how long until death is confirmed? Hardly encourages anyone to buy does it.

Hope they have a defribilator handy, it's not looking good.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:13 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:22 am

Bucket collection at the home game versus Vale then?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:41 am

Martin Shaw wrote:

????????

So HMRC have refused 4 x £50,000 payments rather than a lump sum and have set a court date more than 4 weeks into the future??
I am missing something here?
All Notts County need to do is save up the £50k's and in four weeks settle before the court date?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:45 am

Spiritater wrote:Bucket collection at the home game versus Vale then?

If so...... any money collected goes to the staff st Paragon Interiors who have not been paid this month

Reported on BBC Nottingham Sport.... County players have been PAID

Couldn't make it up
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:15 pm

I'd imagine the only reason HMRC have turned down a repayment plan over the next 4 weeks is that they cant be sure they'll last that long.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:24 pm

ST4GS wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

????????

So HMRC have refused 4 x £50,000 payments rather than a lump sum and have set a court date more than 4 weeks into the future??
All Notts County need to do is save up the £50k's and in four weeks settle before the court date?

They'll have messed around HMRC before many times you'd assume.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:26 pm

Marky Mark wrote:I'd imagine the only reason HMRC have turned down a repayment plan over the next 4 weeks is that they cant be sure they'll last that long.

Well something went funny there!

My response was agreeing with Mark. If para-gone put Notts into admin between payments they could end up with less, but is having 1 or 2 payements in the bank better than waiting for the admin process?
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stiggieste » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:43 pm

I believe notts we’re offering 4 weekly payments, as in every 4 weeks and not every week. Therefore the debt would take over 4 months to clear hence why HMRC Are going to court. Just my understanding from the reports on various sites.
stiggieste
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:00 pm

is this the stage when the PFA step in ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:01 pm

ST4GS wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

????????

I would guess HMRC didn't believe the payments would happen and if they accepted the offer they couldn't start winding up proceedings till the 4 weeks was over, and then the court date would be over a month after that.
By doing it this way the court date is sooner but it still gives the club time to make the paynents and cancel the court appearance.
Ball firmly in Hardy's court now - put up or shut up.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:05 pm

Jimstag wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:I'd imagine the only reason HMRC have turned down a repayment plan over the next 4 weeks is that they cant be sure they'll last that long.

Well something went funny there!

My response was agreeing with Mark. If para-gone put Notts into admin between payments they could end up with less, but is having 1 or 2 payements in the bank better than waiting for the admin process?

I wonder if there's also a bit of a personal vendetta between HMRC & Hardy and/or County, to nail them for previous flagrancy?
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Wilfred » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:10 pm

stiggieste wrote:I believe notts we’re offering 4 weekly payments, as in every 4 weeks and not every week. Therefore the debt would take over 4 months to clear hence why HMRC Are going to court. Just my understanding from the reports on various sites.

According to Hardy's lawyers the club offered to pay the outstanding debt to HMRC over a four week period.
They said that the debt was "only three weeks old" and that HMRC were taking an "aggressive" attitude.
As I understand it, a winding up order is issued 21 days after a High Court judgement is issued for an outstanding debt that remains unpaid. So it would seem that the debt was over 3 weeks old but proceedings to recover it were commenced three weeks ago.
I have, in fact, just contacted HMRC and requested that my monthly PAYE deductions be halted for a while as I'm a bit skint after an expensive Christmas. I've told them I'll pay them back a bit here and there if and when I can afford to. The gentleman I spoke to said it was no problem as HMRC were now a national charity and that my debt would be placed in the PAYP - Pay As You Please - category.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum