{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby DazMondo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:40 am

ParisStag wrote:
DazMondo wrote:A trip to Nottingham is not a highlight for me, its a city that has a few good pubs and the odd good restaurant but thats it.

The Nottingham bar and restaurant scene is quality.

It is not as good as it used to be. Restaurant wise, there is at least ten good places to eat. Bar wise, i have had the fortune to have been to better cities with better bars throughout the UK and Europe, but also some places that are far worse.
I've been to a few good cafes & restaurants in Paris, some good ones on the rue lepic Montmatre. Though i do prefer Lyon to Paris. Like i say i have been fortunate to visit some very good places, so its only based on my own comparisons that i don't particularly rate Nottingham.
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:08 am

DazMondo wrote:I have no real interest in County. Their fans have always been quite boring and they always lacked passion and the atmosphere created by their fans was always dismal. I have never thought of games against them as 'must see matches'.
I saw them once at Field Mill in the 80s and they bought about 2-3000 fans and they were going up, but it was the quietest away following for a group of that size i have ever witnessed. I have seen them at the Mill on three further occasions and they were still passionless.
I have only been twice to see the stags at mardy lane, because i am really not bothered about them. The last time was when Christie scored in injury time.
A trip to Nottingham is not a highlight for me, its a city that has a few good pubs and the odd good restaurant but thats it.
I saw them play Everton back in 83-84 and the wheelbarrow song was invented and sung by the Everton fans.
County lord it over us because they cannot handle being in Forests shadow. So stuff em. If they went down, it would be just another club going down, thats all.

You've no real interest yet written all of that!? :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:13 am

Dan wrote:
DazMondo wrote:I have no real interest in County. Their fans have always been quite boring and they always lacked passion and the atmosphere created by their fans was always dismal. I have never thought of games against them as 'must see matches'.
I saw them once at Field Mill in the 80s and they bought about 2-3000 fans and they were going up, but it was the quietest away following for a group of that size i have ever witnessed. I have seen them at the Mill on three further occasions and they were still passionless.
I have only been twice to see the stags at mardy lane, because i am really not bothered about them. The last time was when Christie scored in injury time.
A trip to Nottingham is not a highlight for me, its a city that has a few good pubs and the odd good restaurant but thats it.
I saw them play Everton back in 83-84 and the wheelbarrow song was invented and sung by the Everton fans.
County lord it over us because they cannot handle being in Forests shadow. So stuff em. If they went down, it would be just another club going down, thats all.

I think it's the view from the county lot that they don't care about us (they do) and that we're some irrelevant yokels (have you been to Nottingham lol) with a rubbish football club (doing much better than them) and that they bang on about being good sometime around the war (irrelevant now) which gets most ppl - misplaced arrogance
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:22 pm

adamstag wrote:
Dan wrote:
I saw them once at Field Mill in the 80s and they bought about 2-3000 fans and they were going up, but it was the quietest away following for a group of that size i have ever witnessed. I have seen them at the Mill on three further occasions and they were still passiless.

I think it's the view from the county lot that they don't care about us (they do) and that we're some irrelevant yokels (have you been to Nottingham lol) with a rubbish football club (doing much better than them) and that they bang on about being good sometime around the war (irrelevant now) which gets most ppl - misplaced arrogance

The reason i wrote it us obvious, i just dont understand the sudden interest in County and their boring fans. Maybe its because when i started following the stags our rivals where Barnsley, Rotherham, Lincoln, Donny and both Sheffield clubs (1978 79) as well as our non league foe and i still deem Lincoln as one of our main rivals, far more so than boring county and there arrogant fans.
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ParisStag » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:04 pm

DazMondo wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
DazMondo wrote:A trip to Nottingham is not a highlight for me, its a city that has a few good pubs and the odd good restaurant but thats it.

It is not as good as it used to be. Restaurant wise, there is at least ten good places to eat. Bar wise, i have had the fortune to have been to better cities with better bars throughout the UK and Europe, but also some places that are far worse.
I've been to a few good cafes & restaurants in Paris, some good ones on the rue lepic Montmatre. Though i do prefer Lyon to Paris. Like i say i have been fortunate to visit some very good places, so its only based on my own comparisons that i don't particularly rate Nottingham.

Honestly it's improving all the time. 2 places have Michelin stars and another should get one soon. And there are loads of new cafés, Asian restaurants and street food places. It's honestly the best it's been.

Rue lepic and Montmatre and cracking. I lived a few streets away from there. And you're right about Lyon.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:24 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:What are your fav pubs Paris?

For ale Doctor's Orders, Barrel Drop, Sir John Borlase Warren, Malt Cross, Fox and Grapes, The King Billy, Lincolnshire Poacher.
For craft beer Junkyard, Kraftwerks, Brewdog.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:25 pm

ParisStag wrote:
DazMondo wrote:
ParisStag wrote:

Honestly it's improving all the time. 2 places have Michelin stars and another should get one soon. And there are loads of new cafés, Asian restaurants and street food places. It's honestly the best it's been.

Rue lepic and Montmatre and cracking. I lived a few streets away from there. And you're right about Lyon.

A bit like Outram Street, SinA?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Cahnty love 'em or loathe 'em?

Postby Bengal » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:12 pm

Simmer it's not such a loaded question as it seems....We all like to get one over our local rivals, but if Cahnty do drop out of the league I for one will miss them. Saturdays fixture is one I look for as soon as the fixtures are out. The atmosphere is brilliant, the pubs throbbing with faces you aint seen for yonks, and those cheeky little monkeys from the Lane add their bit of craik. So if they do fall through the trapdoor...there's another local derby lost. Above all (with no sarcasm at all)..I hope we get a good old fashioned fiery decent game...One which Cahnty have denied us for far too long!.
Bengal
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Cahnty love 'em or loathe 'em?

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:29 pm

Surely if we go up this season the derby is lost anyway? Or am I missing something?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:35 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Surely if we go up this season the derby is lost anyway? Or am I missing something?

Nope, couldn’t care less about them...
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:29 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Surely if we go up this season the derby is lost anyway? Or am I missing something?

Nope, couldn’t care less about them...

In fairness neither do most teams as they aren't arch rivals with anyone. We have spireites, florist have Derby.

County tend to in fight with themselves as we most often see when we play them be it at home or away. If its not our north stand you often see it in their kop.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:10 pm

Just the possibility of them swapping with Solihull Moors. Got to happen.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:17 am

Amberheart wrote:
Nottsstag100 wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/Sulemansalim14/status/1095221214170226688

We need to sing this at the game

Obviously with stags instead of city :mtfc:

Like it :D

Definitely got to sing this.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Nottsstag100 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:25 am

ParisStag wrote:
Amberheart wrote:
Nottsstag100 wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/Sulemansalim14/status/1095221214170226688

Like it :D

Definitely got to sing this.

It’s so good and so fitting as well, just hope a lot of people see the video before Saturday
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:36 am

Here's the original video.

Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:41 am

wink68 wrote:Just the possibility of them swapping with Solihull Moors. Got to happen.

Solihull would probably bring more fans :lol:
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby stagone1959 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:33 pm

Not bothered about them and if it wasn't for the large crowd would be like any other game,whereas us v them up A617 would be a nerve jangler if only me and my dog were in attendance.
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:37 pm

Oh, another thread about county :shock:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Notts County academy manager leaves club.

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:22 pm

Big loss for the Pies as Dave Regis the academy manager leaves the club.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:32 pm

I genuinely think that they are delusional. We have conceded 3 times once all season and that was after Bish had been sent off, but a lot of them are predicting victories by 3 goals to whatever margin. Unbelievable really.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:22 pm

Referee is Lee Mason.

Was the ref at West Brom v Forest last night.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:04 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:Referee is Lee Mason.

And what a balls up he made of that.

I can guarantee you now if either team appeal for what looks like a certain penalty I bet he doesn't give it as he'll be too scared to give it.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:43 pm

Dan wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:Referee is Lee Mason.

And what a balls up he made of that.

I can guarantee you now if either team appeal for what looks like a certain penalty I bet he doesn't give it as he'll be too scared to give it.

My thoughts aswell, needed a strong ref not someone on edge nervous of making another mistake.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby robbingdog » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:51 pm

I bet I can guarantee he will give a penalty if a certain mr stead
or mr Mackail smith fall over in the box
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:00 pm

With his high-profile error he will go one of 2 ways.

1. Will blow for every hint of a penalty
2. Will bottle every penalty decision.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum