{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: A Thread About Conference Club Notts County

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:04 am

The demise and closure of any football club, at any level be it EFL, Northern Counties, Chad Youth League or even the Sunday League is far from good or applaudable. It is just another nail in the coffin of football, another nail in the fabric of communities and another reason for young lads and lasses not to play the game or take an interest in it.

Surviving and struggling for a few seasons followed by rebuilding is what County and all teams in the Conference should do. The teaches humility and removes the right of entitlement.

Something we should know about.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:38 am

part time pete wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:What a cake and arse party

A bit bored, Whiffy?

Must be an army thing :lol:

https://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Cake_and_Arse_Party

A bit like Brexit then. :lol:

You’ll not get any argument from me there.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:45 am

Field Mill wrote:Im embarrassed reading some of the bile on this thread. Anyone wanting to see the demise of a football club is beneath contempt. Sure, laugh at your rivals and glory in beating and eclipsing them, but wanting a club gone? With all the resultant loss of jobs, erosion of history and further movement of the game towards an elitist TV event? Not in my name. To those that want this, please don't come to any more Stag s matches. I don't want to be on the same planet as you, let alone in the same stadium.

Bite me.

Hope they fold
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Forever Optimistic » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:51 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Field Mill wrote:Im embarrassed reading some of the bile on this thread. Anyone wanting to see the demise of a football club is beneath contempt. Sure, laugh at your rivals and glory in beating and eclipsing them, but wanting a club gone? With all the resultant loss of jobs, erosion of history and further movement of the game towards an elitist TV event? Not in my name. To those that want this, please don't come to any more Stag s matches. I don't want to be on the same planet as you, let alone in the same stadium.

Most Stags fans won't want County to fold, or at the very worst the are ambivalent about the whole episode.

Most fans probably do want Hardy to suffer though. A bit of humility and humbleness will do him good, and hopefully stop him making the same arrogant mistakes again.

I don't think County have helped their cause by having previous bucket shaking exercises and then overspending, only to repeat the same hardship. As a club they struggle badly to live within their means

I don't want County to fold. Take a great deal of interest in them squirming at the minute though.

I want Hardy to suffer as he's made a lot of people do. He's done this to "smaller" people in business for a lot of years, late paying, sending people bust etc etc. I want him to lose everything, mostly though his precious golf club. He thinks more of that than probably even County.

I think they'll go into admin and be bought from there. I'd be happy at that though as he wouldn't get anything from it
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stockportstag » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:30 pm

Just been announced on BBC Sport, that Nottingham South MP has stated County have no money and no buyer.

That sounds really serious
Stockportstag
First Team
First Team

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:12 pm

Stockportstag wrote:Just been announced on BBC Sport, that Nottingham South MP has stated County have no money and no buyer.

That sounds really serious

....but........that would surely mean.......Hardy was lying???? :o

I seriously hope they get out of this administration cesspit, but i'd imagine a buyer will only come in once they cease to be, like a vulture on a cadaver
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:32 pm

Someone on radio Nottingham said buyers were interested but holding off to get the cheapest price for the club, and Hardy is holding out for close to the £10m (or so) that he apparently paid for them.

Irrespective, now the conference has accepted them they will be there next season and can't be expelled into the conference north for instance like Gateshead were
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:37 am

Source BBC Sport; https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48826960

Notts County owner Alan Hardy has said he is "extremely confident" the sale of the club will be completed before they appear at the High Court on 10 July.

Notts had a winding-petition against them from HMRC over an unpaid tax bill of around £800,000 adjourned in June to allow time to complete the deal.

Since that hearing, Notts' players and staff have not been paid June's wages.

Meanwhile, the PFA have confirmed they "are involved and are speaking to the players and the club".

Hardy says he will work with the prospective buyer to "rectify" the unpaid wages.

In a statement on the club website, Hardy said: "I deeply regret being unable to fulfil this obligation to my employees and hope - and expect - there will be a speedy resolution."

Earlier in the day, Nottingham South MP Lilian Greenwood told BBC Radio Nottingham she is "deeply concerned" for those who "rely on Notts County Football Club for a living".

"It must be a very uncertain future for all of them," she added.

READ MORE: Notts' relegation 'sad for football'
Hardy has not revealed the identity of the potential new owners, saying it "remains private business until formalities are completed".

"I am also aware that a great deal of cynicism is likely to come my way in response to this update, which I can understand following an immensely frustrating and disappointing chapter in the club's history," Hardy continued.

The club statement came after Ms Greenwood said Notts had no money to pay wages and no "definitive" buyer lined up.

Hardy, however, confirmed they are now dealing with just one takeover group after "hugely constructive talks today".

The Labour MP also said she was "disappointed" that Hardy "refused" to meet with the club's supporters himself as "fans are angry, worried about the future of the club they love".

Notts owner Hardy, who has had parts of his interior design company Paragon sold off by administrators, first put the financially-troubled club up for sale in January.

'Biggest crisis'
Since then, the 157-year-old club was relegated from the English Football League for their first time in their history, having been a founding member of the competition in 1888.

Colin Slater, a former BBC correspondent who has followed Notts County for 60 years, said the club is in a "sad state of affairs".

"It is the biggest crisis I've known at Notts County," he told BBC Radio Nottingham.

"Notts desperately need a buyer to come on the scene and be willing to pay a realistic sum.

"It hasn't happened for six months and they now need it to happen as quickly as possible for someone to come on the scene with money and the intention of making Notts County a league club again."
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:41 am

Son Of Sherwood wrote:Source BBC Sport; https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48826960

Notts County owner Alan Hardy has said he is "extremely confident" the sale of the club will be completed before they appear at the High Court on 10 July.

Notts had a winding-petition against them from HMRC over an unpaid tax bill of around £800,000 adjourned in June to allow time to complete the deal.

Since that hearing, Notts' players and staff have not been paid June's wages.

Meanwhile, the PFA have confirmed they "are involved and are speaking to the players and the club".

Hardy says he will work with the prospective buyer to "rectify" the unpaid wages.

In a statement on the club website, Hardy said: "I deeply regret being unable to fulfil this obligation to my employees and hope - and expect - there will be a speedy resolution."

Earlier in the day, Nottingham South MP Lilian Greenwood told BBC Radio Nottingham she is "deeply concerned" for those who "rely on Notts County Football Club for a living".

"It must be a very uncertain future for all of them," she added.

READ MORE: Notts' relegation 'sad for football'
Hardy has not revealed the identity of the potential new owners, saying it "remains private business until formalities are completed".

"I am also aware that a great deal of cynicism is likely to come my way in response to this update, which I can understand following an immensely frustrating and disappointing chapter in the club's history," Hardy continued.

The club statement came after Ms Greenwood said Notts had no money to pay wages and no "definitive" buyer lined up.

Hardy, however, confirmed they are now dealing with just one takeover group after "hugely constructive talks today".

The Labour MP also said she was "disappointed" that Hardy "refused" to meet with the club's supporters himself as "fans are angry, worried about the future of the club they love".

Notts owner Hardy, who has had parts of his interior design company Paragon sold off by administrators, first put the financially-troubled club up for sale in January.

'Biggest crisis'
Since then, the 157-year-old club was relegated from the English Football League for their first time in their history, having been a founding member of the competition in 1888.

Colin Slater, a former BBC correspondent who has followed Notts County for 60 years, said the club is in a "sad state of affairs".

"It is the biggest crisis I've known at Notts County," he told BBC Radio Nottingham.

"Notts desperately need a buyer to come on the scene and be willing to pay a realistic sum.

"It hasn't happened for six months and they now need it to happen as quickly as possible for someone to come on the scene with money and the intention of making Notts County a league club again."

What's the betting the new buyer is called Lana Hydra!!! :P

I'd be extremely sceptical of any purchase-bid existing, at least until the new owner's pitchforks are pronging his buttocks
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:03 pm

The FA are into them now.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:31 pm

oldweststander wrote:The FA are into them now.

That’ll be like being smacked with a yoghurt
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:53 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

That’ll be like being smacked with a yoghurt

They’ll even take it out the pot first.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:29 pm

Do you mean the PFA re wages?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:09 pm

The One wrote:

Do you mean the PFA re wages?

No.
County being investigated for alleged financial irregularities. Supposedly exposed by an irrate ex employee
But that doesn't mean much. Only time they take action is when it makes them more money either in fines or fees. Thats not likely to happen. Mind you if they'd been 12 hours late registering a player, well the skys the limit
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby sunray » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:04 am

Danger with going into administration is that a developer views it as an ideal site for inner city housing. Moves the football club to out of town ground for example Arnold Town and then gives the stripped down club to the fans.

Buying the football club for football reasons would be difficult to justify unless you are a multi millionaire who loves Notts County. Five million plus to buy the ground to loss money for 5 to 10 years until you get to the Championship and the chance of breaking even at best.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:04 pm

Eastleigh away on opening day :hysteria:
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:06 pm

BoughtonStag71 wrote:Eastleigh away on opening day :hysteria:

God i still remember those dark days, their arrogant stuck up fans are in for a real shock !!

thinking about it, be interesting if Radio Florist still cover their live games and we get the occasional update :!:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:34 pm

When do they play the sheep? Hope it's the two games over Christmas and if so a lot of bobbies will be working bank holidays.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:44 pm

Maidenhead Utd on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day for them. This is when the reality of Conference football hits home.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:46 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:When do they play the sheep? Hope it's the two games over Christmas and if so a lot of bobbies will be working bank holidays.

October and February when our nearest and dearest meet.
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:49 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Maidenhead Utd on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day for them. This is when the reality of Conference football hits home.

Wow. I thought they tried to tie up local teams for those fixtures to cut down on travelling. How sad, never mind.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:00 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Maidenhead Utd on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day for them. This is when the reality of Conference football hits home.

Wow. I thought they tried to tie up local teams for those fixtures to cut down on travelling. How sad, never mind.

They have done, the eight north teams are tied up together and Chesterfield have got Solihull.

That leaves Maidenhead as the furthest north team to play County.

I would imagine that the plod would not want County and Spireites playing each other on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:17 pm

Oh the trials and tribulations of non-league football.

I suppose some will just be pleased to still be in existence come Chrimbo.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:26 pm

I sit opposite a county fan at work and he’ll just be grateful to have a club come Christmas.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:51 pm

Hope this is true !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum