{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:46 pm

[quote="my name is jonas"]Mitch Rose is a good signing tbh.

Hard working midfield sort of player they need.
Thought he was quite liked at Grimsby, surprised they’ve let him go on a free.[/quote]

A club doesn't cancel a players contract for no reason something is/was wrong within the club or player..
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:28 pm

Jamie wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Jamie wrote:I don't think I've been harsh on JR at all there Wilfred. I haven't said they've done anything wrong.

My point is they put extra in when it was needed, got us moving in the right direction while making us sustainable. Not an ouce of criticism at all. Just fact and gratitude for our now stable position on and off the pitch.

Our debts to JR are the elephant in the room but nothing I've seen in recent years make me worry that he'd leave us in the kind of trouble the other two have.

Tv he more j think about it, the more I think his Twitter post wasn't accidental. No one makes that mistake or doesn't notice when posting an image. If he was going to announce a sale,, what better way to get some headlines than this...

One thing I notice you do though Jamie is praise the Radfords on one hand, then leave a little barb in there after, in this case above, our debts to him being 'the elephant in the room', and that you are unworried he wouldn't leave us in a mess.
When a man has been as benevolent and kind to this club and its supporters, I believe he deserves better than a less than subtle inference about the possibility he could call it in and leave us in the lurch....but of course you aren't worried about that so we can all sleep easy.

What you and many others on here don't like is realism... When someone points out facts, you don't like it.

I'm not bashing JR, far from it, I've praised him no less. But if you want to ignore the fact that he has the clubs balls in a tight vice or use me pointing that out as a way to have a go at me, thats up to you.

Go speak to some Chesterfield or County fans about how much they loved and trusted their saviours at first when they cleared debts, paid the way to promotion, new grounds etc.. now look at them!

JR comes across as a good honest man, doing the right things in the right way. The ways he's financed it is up to him i guess, but its our club and we have every right (especially given whats gone before) to keep eye on these things, but the facts are the facts whether you like them or not. I've said clearly nothing I've seen suggests he would do an Allen or Hardy on us. I don't see anything wrong with pointing out the elephant but that its very tame and no danger, but that doesn't mean there isn't an elephant there!

JR is a credit to our club and town, long may it continue!

If you want to get into an argument about me pointing out facts then don't waste your time...

Given your history Jamie of constantly defending a man who was bent on destroying this club, I am quite happy to let you pontificate on whatever you like I couldn't care less, and get into an argument? Who's getting into an argument, it would be for something bigger than chewing the cud with you for me to get to that stage.
I'm not a blind follower of anyone and I don't think many on here are, but I see no reason keep sticking in phrases like you do regularly.
If Mr Radford resorts to the kind of villainy we experienced in the past then I guess we would man the barricades again. Somehow though I don't think he will. Probably because he is a decent local man.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:36 pm

Shots fired.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:56 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
my name is jonas wrote:Mitch Rose is a good signing tbh.

Thought he was quite liked at Grimsby, surprised they’ve let him go on a free.

A club doesn't cancel a players contract for no reason something is/was wrong within the club or player..

The comments on the Grimsby forum pretty much exactly echo those on here when he left us: hard working, honest player, but lacks the real quality except on very rare occasions. He's a battler though, I'll give him that, and probably just what Clownty need right now.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:48 am

Good signing for County. I always liked Mitch
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:56 am

Mitch is a headless chicken. Good penalty taker, works hard but no positional sense. And he definitely can't play right back.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:03 pm

SINA STAG wrote:

Or maybe he was out of contract in the summer & Notts came in and offered him an 18 month deal meaning he can feed his kids for the next couple of years.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:07 pm

Dan wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:

Or maybe he was out of contract in the summer & Notts came in and offered him an 18 month deal meaning he can feed his kids for the next couple of years.

Didn't it say 'mutually agreed'? That, to me, says that Notts came in for him and he spoke to Grimsby and said he wanted to go. Grimsby clearly weren't that bothered if he left.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:27 pm

They’ve now announced the signing of 64 year old Craig Mackail-Smith
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:52 pm

He has caused us much pain in the past, and is the master of getting penalties for nowt, defence beware
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:54 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:They’ve now announced the signing of 64 year old Craig Mackail-Smith

11 goals in 3 seasons for Wycombe :lol:
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:00 pm

The worst thing we could do is get too cocky about this game ......until we have hammered them
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:04 pm

Chimney wrote:The worst thing we could do is get too cocky about this game ......until we have hammered them

Don't fret Chimmers mate. I get cocky every time we play them and it's worked out ok this far! ;)
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:09 pm

Chimney wrote:The worst thing we could do is get too cocky about this game ......until we have hammered them

I think the cockiest person there will be Alan Hardy. Apparently he has got form for it or so it trends on Twitter.

Cheap shot I know but we are allowed to up to final whistle on Staturday.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:59 pm

Chimney wrote:He has caused us much pain in the past, and is the master of getting penalties for nowt, defence beware

I think he's a decent signing (McCain Oven Chips) and this is clearly the last throw of the dice for them , with games against the Gimps and Vegans prior to us, it may well have knocked the stuffing out of them even more I hope.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:25 pm

I am just remembering how much flak I took when I set this thread going (visit page 1)

It’s funny how things turn out, isn’t it?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:26 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Chimney wrote:He has caused us much pain in the past, and is the master of getting penalties for nowt, defence beware

I think he's a decent signing (McCain Oven Chips) and this is clearly the last throw of the dice for them , with games against the Gimps and Vegans prior to us, it may well have knocked the stuffing out of them even more I hope.

I'd love County to win their next two and be full of renewed hope going into the game with us.

As we know from our relegation season, it's the hope that kills you. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:55 pm

Sneag wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:

I'd love County to win their next two and be full of renewed hope going into the game with us.

As we know from our relegation season, it's the hope that kills you. :lol:

Fully behind this Sneag. Looking at County's remaining fixtures I'd be pleased for them to win against Lincoln H, FGR A, Tranmere A, Carlisle A, Exeter H, Stevenage A, MK H. I know some of those sides shoulsnt really affect us, but every little helps as they say.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:38 pm

As ridiculous as it sounds I'd love County to beat Lincoln :o
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:42 pm

Lincoln'll batter them.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:33 pm

I know we will gain automatic promotion this year. Although winning the league would be nice, it doesn't get you any extra points next year so 1st 2nd or 3rd will do nicely thank you.

I also would dearly love County to get relegated so I hope they get trounced in every game for the rest of the season (never happen unfortunately). To start them off on the right foot Lincoln and the other opponents for February will hopefully all beat them.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Debbie dingles legs » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:05 am

They are supposedly signing a young forest hotshot forward today
Debbie dingles legs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby stag861 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:30 am

Nathan Thomas has gone back to Shef U and loaned to Carlisle
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:40 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I am just remembering how much flak I took when I set this thread going (visit page 1)

It’s funny how things turn out, isn’t it?

Edders, is it the warm glow of smugness keeping out the winters’ chill this morning? Though is does prove, conclusively, the fickleness of Stagsnet. And long may it continue.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:02 am

We had a thread about them across the M1 too that took a battering.
Any idea where that has gone?
Have we suddenly learnt how to totally ignore them and get rid of our infatuation?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum