{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby Bradders » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:15 am

Rob wrote:You do all know that the more Luton you become, the more likely it is Notts will beat us? Concentrate on supporting us, it will be a very tough game.

Exactly. They may be a rubbish team but given enough motivation from Mansfield goading they could spring a surprise.
And I find the obsession with rubbing Hardy's nose in it a bit undignified. Let's be obsessed with the Stags, not the owner of another club.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:26 am

Give over , just imagine if it was our chairman that had done something so ridiculous god forbid!
We would never hear the last of it
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:04 am

Spiritater wrote:Y'see all this sort of thing and Al's latest foopah on twitter would've made a great edition of Matchtalk on a Monday evening. It'd have callers queuing up to get on air. I feel the Beeb are missing a trick here. Instead we'll have to wait for the Friday non phone in which is rather sterile with Chippers n Chaz brushing most of the dirt under the carpet.

Have a watch of this.

https://www.facebook.com/BBCNottinghamS ... SEARCH_BOX

At one point Chippers says something like "I can't read out all of your messages. In fact I can't read out many of them." :lol:
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:29 am

Chaz reckons they're down as it stands, big few days in the transfer market for them. But if you were a decent player (which is what they need) would you sign?

He says he's also dreading the thought of going to Dover, Havant and Waterlooville, Gateshead etc. But even so we'll still be having updates of our League 1 (hopefully) game at somewhere like Portman Rd or London Rd sewn into the commo of Bradford Park Avenue V Notts County next season :(
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsForLIFE » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:20 am

It's a tough watch to be fair because on a rather selfish note, notts away is always a class day.
StagsForLIFE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Jamie » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:45 am

StagsForLIFE wrote:It's a tough watch to be fair because on a rather selfish note, notts away is always a class day.

I don't find this tough at all, or have any sympathy for them.

They're a horrible, cocky, smug football club that went bust, more than once already, but like many others they bent the rules and got a free chance to start over, debt free and with little or no penalties.

I really hope they go down. To see our two rivals playing non league after being oh so cocky in recent years is just so funny. Especially given the steps forward we've taken this season and how, after running at a loss initially, our owners are now doing things the right way and creating a stable, sustainable club.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:25 am

StagsForLIFE wrote:It's a tough watch to be fair because on a rather selfish note, notts away is always a class day.

I felt the same for a while but to be honest I'm happy to supplement a day out in notts with one out in a L1 town/city!

Seeing them in the conf after years of abuse at work from the smug, deluded county fans I know will be glorious! I think most of them are so up their own backsides they don't think the conference is for massive, "old" clubs like them....well get ready for a massive shock, as we know only too well, its a football nightmare that is never short lived! Mind, it'll be just their luck that a billionaire will take over and they'll come straight back up!
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Random Hero » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:30 am

Spiritater wrote:
Sneag wrote:
In this case though County don't own the ground.

This is true. The Lane (the actual plot of land itself) is on a 99 year rolling lease. The stands and infrastructure I think are the property of t'club.

Whilst this is true, the lease is only valid if Notts aren't relegated to Conference North level. It is then automatically null and void...

Talk on Notts County Mad that, in that scenario (or in an AFC Notts style scenario), they'd share with Nottingham Rugby Club down at Holme Pierrepoint.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Wilfred » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:51 am

Jamie wrote:

They're a horrible, cocky, smug football club that went bust, more than once already, but like many others they bent the rules and got a free chance to start over, debt free and with little or no penalties.

I really hope they go down. To see our two rivals playing non league after being oh so cocky in recent years is just so funny. Especially given the steps forward we've taken this season and how, after running at a loss initially, our owners are now doing things the right way and creating a stable, sustainable club.

After suffering the Haslam years I do have sympathy for the genuine Notts County fans, Jamie. But none for those County fans who were giving it large when we were at an all time low.
And Hardy may have put large amounts of money into Notts County. But I think he bought into County to inflate his already over inflated ego. He seems to know precious little about running a football club and even less about how to conduct himself. The bubble has burst. And I'm not talking about when he's playing with his Matey.
And, with respect, I think you are being a little harsh on the Radfords. I don't think that they've ever done anything wrong. It can't have been easy at first and mistakes were made. But. They've turned round a failing football club and learned a great deal about running our club properly and, as you quite rightly say, with stability and sustainability. And with more than a little foresight.
We, as fans of "the third Nottinghamshire club" can hold our heads up high. We have a team, management, owners, staff, sponsors, volunteers and supporters of whom we can be proud.
The Stags are getting the plaudits and publicity that the hard work of everyone mentioned above so richly deserve.
And while the black and white clouds are gathering a few miles down the road, there are clear Blue skies and the Amber sun is shining over Mansfield Town.
:coys:
Last edited by Wilfred on Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:07 pm

Great post Wilfred
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:15 pm

Rob wrote:You do all know that the more Luton you become, the more likely it is Notts will beat us? Concentrate on supporting us, it will be a very tough game.

I totally agree with that.

Can't help but think, what a tool though :oops:
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:27 pm

Wilfred wrote:
Jamie wrote:

After suffering the Haslam years I do have sympathy for the genuine Notts County fans, Jamie. But none for those County fans who were giving it large when we were at an all time low.
And Hardy may have put large amounts of money into Notts County. But I think he bought into County to inflate his already over inflated ego. He seems to know precious little about running a football club and even less about how to conduct himself. The bubble has burst. And I'm not talking about when he's playing with his Matey.
And, with respect, I think you are being a little harsh on the Radfords. I don't think that they've ever done anything wrong. It can't have been easy at first and mistakes were made. But. They've turned round a failing football club and learned a great deal about running our club properly and, as you quite rightly say, with stability and sustainability. And with more than a little foresight.
We, as fans of "the third Nottinghamshire club" can hold our heads up high. We have a team, management, owners, staff, sponsors, volunteers and supporters of whom we can be proud.
The Stags are getting the plaudits and publicity that the hard work of everyone mentioned above so richly deserve.
And while the black and white clouds are gathering a few miles down the road, there are clear Blue skies and the Amber sun is shining over Mansfield Town.

Great post Wilfred, we will never forget our past struggles but the future is bright in every part of our club and boy the Radfords and all those supporters who stuck by them in the Conference years are being rewarded in spades! :coys:
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:51 pm

I don't think I've been harsh on JR at all there Wilfred. I haven't said they've done anything wrong.

My point is they put extra in when it was needed, got us moving in the right direction while making us sustainable. Not an ouce of criticism at all. Just fact and gratitude for our now stable position on and off the pitch.

Our debts to JR are the elephant in the room but nothing I've seen in recent years make me worry that he'd leave us in the kind of trouble the other two have.

The more j think about it, the more I think his Twitter post wasn't accidental. No one makes that mistake or doesn't notice when posting an image. If he was going to announce a sale,, what better way to get some headlines than this...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Wilfred » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:14 pm

Jamie wrote:I don't think I've been harsh on JR at all there Wilfred. I haven't said they've done anything wrong.

My point is they put extra in when it was needed, got us moving in the right direction while making us sustainable. Not an ouce of criticism at all. Just fact and gratitude for our now stable position on and off the pitch.

Our debts to JR are the elephant in the room but nothing I've seen in recent years make me worry that he'd leave us in the kind of trouble the other two have.

The more j think about it, the more I think his Twitter post wasn't accidental. No one makes that mistake or doesn't notice when posting an image. If he was going to announce a sale,, what better way to get some headlines than this...

Ok Jamie. See where you're coming from. When you said "our owners are now doing things the right way" I read that to mean that they were doing things the wrong way before. To me it's been a steep learning curve for the Radfords but I'm glad we both agree that things are on the up.
As regards Hardy, I'm not sure that the sight of his meat and two veg would have prospective buyers drooling. It certainly made the headlines but has made him look a bigger d*ck than he already is. Or should I say smaller?
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:39 pm

Jamie wrote:I don't think I've been harsh on JR at all there Wilfred. I haven't said they've done anything wrong.

One thing I notice you do though Jamie is praise the Radfords on one hand, then leave a little barb in there after, in this case above, our debts to him being 'the elephant in the room', and that you are unworried he wouldn't leave us in a mess.
When a man has been as benevolent and kind to this club and its supporters, I believe he deserves better than a less than subtle inference about the possibility he could call it in and leave us in the lurch....but of course you aren't worried about that so we can all sleep easy.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:22 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:

One thing I notice you do though Jamie is praise the Radfords on one hand, then leave a little barb in there after, in this case above, our debts to him being 'the elephant in the room', and that you are unworried he wouldn't leave us in a mess.
When a man has been as benevolent and kind to this club and its supporters, I believe he deserves better than a less than subtle inference about the possibility he could call it in and leave us in the lurch....but of course you aren't worried about that so we can all sleep easy.

Jamies still bitter his crush Haslam isn’t here.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:31 pm

Random Hero wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Sneag wrote:

This is true. The Lane (the actual plot of land itself) is on a 99 year rolling lease. The stands and infrastructure I think are the property of t'club.

Whilst this is true, the lease is only valid if Notts aren't relegated to Conference North level. It is then automatically null and void...

Talk on Notts County Mad that, in that scenario (or in an AFC Notts style scenario), they'd share with Nottingham Rugby Club down at Holme Pierrepoint.

Don't they play just off Lady Bay Bridge anymore?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby G B » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:31 pm

Dan wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Don't they play just off Lady Bay Bridge anymore?

Yes they are still there. Probably even closer to The City Ground than Meadow Lane is.
G B
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:15 pm

[quote="MTFCMAD"][quote="Mr Grimsdale"][quote="Jamie"]I don't think I've been harsh on JR at all there Wilfred. I haven't said they've done anything wrong.

The more j think about it, the more I think his Twitter post wasn't accidental. No one makes that mistake or doesn't notice when posting an image. If he was going to announce a sale,, what better way to get some headlines than this...[/quote]

When a man has been as benevolent and kind to this club and its supporters, I believe he deserves better than a less than subtle inference about the possibility he could call it in and leave us in the lurch....but of course you aren't worried about that so we can all sleep easy.[/quote]

Jamies still bitter his crush Haslam isn’t here.[/quote]

Jamie would still sit on the fence when picking a winner in a one horse race.....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:37 pm

The conference is having a rebrand so Nottingham County will be playing in the Motorama National League :lol:
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:31 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:

What you and many others on here don't like is realism... When someone points out facts, you don't like it.

I'm not bashing JR, far from it, I've praised him no less. But if you want to ignore the fact that he has the clubs balls in a tight vice or use me pointing that out as a way to have a go at me, thats up to you.

Go speak to some Chesterfield or County fans about how much they loved and trusted their saviours at first when they cleared debts, paid the way to promotion, new grounds etc.. now look at them!

JR comes across as a good honest man, doing the right things in the right way. The ways he's financed it is up to him i guess, but its our club and we have every right (especially given whats gone before) to keep eye on these things, but the facts are the facts whether you like them or not. I've said clearly nothing I've seen suggests he would do an Allen or Hardy on us. I don't see anything wrong with pointing out the elephant but that its very tame and no danger, but that doesn't mean there isn't an elephant there!

JR is a credit to our club and town, long may it continue!

If you want to get into an argument about me pointing out facts then don't waste your time...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:07 pm

Nathan Thomas has his loan cancelled. And Mitch rose signed
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:26 pm

They've signed Rosey from Grimsby?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby my name is jonas » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:29 pm

Mitch Rose is a good signing tbh.

Hard working midfield sort of player they need.
Thought he was quite liked at Grimsby, surprised they’ve let him go on a free.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:31 pm

Me too!
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager