{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: A Thread About Conference Club Notts County

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:25 pm

stag861 wrote:1. Stefano Pessina - £10.6 billion

2016 ranking: 1

2016 worth: £9.5 billion

Former nuclear engineer Stefano Pessina has big plans for Boots. Having turned the 170 year-old company name into a global brand, his ambition is to conquer the huge market in China.

Stefano Pessina is executive vice-chairman, chief executive officer and the largest single shareholder of the biggest health and beauty chain in the UK and Nottingham’s biggest employer.

Is he a red and white, black and white or a blue and yellow? If it is one of the two former possibilities that’s me done going in Boots.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:31 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:

Former nuclear engineer Stefano Pessina has big plans for Boots. Having turned the 170 year-old company name into a global brand, his ambition is to conquer the huge market in China.

Stefano Pessina is executive vice-chairman, chief executive officer and the largest single shareholder of the biggest health and beauty chain in the UK and Nottingham’s biggest employer.

Is he a red and white, black and white or a blue and yellow? If it is one of the two former possibilities that’s me done going in Boots.

More likely to be West Brom......Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA). ;)
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:21 am

Can't be doing that well being as though Boots are looking to close some stores.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:15 am

But does he come from the Meadows or Hyson Green?
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:36 pm

This will probably go the same way as this infamous "Chinese investment" Chesterfield supposedly had.

Interesting that on Bob's board they're still mocking the Radfords despite the utterly shambolic state of their club right now :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:13 am

kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby adamstag » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:19 am

Anything like that and the conference would probably bypass them into the conference north
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:20 am

Ardley on £200,000 a year according to that article! Or £3,846.15 a week! That is staggering for a lower league manager. I wonder if Demps is even in 25% of that, that would also probably fund Jim Bentley for about 5 years.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:26 am

88BenM wrote:Ardley on £200,000 a year according to that article! Or £3,846.15 a week! That is staggering for a lower league manager. I wonder if Demps is even in 25% of that, that would also probably fund Jim Bentley for about 5 years.

He's not on that mate.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:08 pm

It looks like Notts County will have a 10 point deduction if they go into administration.

If they go into administration after the National League's AGM on Saturday then they will be automatically relegated one step unless they have paid their creditors in full by the time of the next AGM.

If Notts County go into administration before the AGM then the National League can also expel Notts County from the league "unless the Board is satisfied that by no later than 5pm on 31 July (or, if the 31 July falls on a weekend, 5pm on the immediately preceding Business Day) that the Club (or any new entity to which its membership is subsequently transferred under 2.9.2 above) is in a financial position to complete all of its fixtures for the immediate following Playing Season."

"13.A. SPORTING SANCTIONS
13.A.1 If an Insolvency Event shall occur in relation to any Club that Club shall be deducted 10 (ten) points.

13.A.2 Where a Club takes or suffers an Insolvency Event:-
13.A.2.1 during the Playing Season but prior to 5:00 p.m. on the fourth Thursday in March, the points deduction shall apply immediately;
13.A.2.2 during the Playing Season but after 5:00 p.m. on the fourth Thursday in March then Rule 13.3 shall apply; and
13.A.2.3 outside the Playing Season, the points deduction shall apply in respect of the following Playing Season such that the Club starts that Playing Season on minus 10 points (including a Club or Clubs Relegated from The English Football League (EFL), where such Club shall be subject to Rule 12.3 of The English Football League (EFL) Rules or where it has been necessary under the National League System Regulations for a Club or Clubs to be moved from one league to another and such Club would have been subject to Rule 13).

13.A.3 Where the circumstances set out in Rule 13.2.2 apply and at the end of that Playing Season, having regard to the number of Competition points awarded (ignoring any potential deduction):
a) the Club would be relegated in accordance with The National League Rules & Regulations, the points deduction will apply in the next following Season; or
b) the Club would not be relegated as aforesaid, the points deduction will apply in that Playing Season and The National League Rules & Regulations will then apply (if appropriate) following the imposition of the points deduction.
c) If any club relegated to the Competition from The Football League (in accordance with the regulations of The Football League) whilst it was a member of The Football League, took or suffered any such action as set out in Regulation 12.3.1 of the Regulations of The Football League whilst it was a member of The League and the circumstances set out in Regulations 12.3.3(b) or 12.3.3(c) apply, then that club, upon being accepted as a member of the Competition shall suffer a deduction of 10 points, such points deduction to apply in respect of the following Playing Season such that the Club starts that Season in the Competition on minus 10 points."

13.B. GENERAL INSOLVENCY
13.B.1 In the event of a Club entering an Insolvency Event between the end of the AGM and start of the AGM immediately following thereafter (‘the next AGM’) then it shall automatically be relegated by one Step at the next AGM, unless one of the following requirements has been met, namely:
(i) Prior to the next AGM it has Paid in Full all its creditors (including but not limited to Football Creditors); or
(ii) Prior to the next AGM it has Paid in Full its Football Creditors and entered a compliant CVA.

For the purposes of this Rule, a CVA shall be considered compliant if it provides for the following:
- That all Creditors will be paid in Full;
- The first payment under the terms of the CVA shall be made within 28 days of the approval of the CVA and shall constitute a minimum of 10% of the total sum payable;
- The balance shall be paid in equal amounts over the remaining period of the CVA;
- The period of the CVA shall not extend beyond three years from the date of approval.

Notwithstanding the above, in the event of a Club being subject to an Insolvency Event at the date of the AGM, then the Club may be subject to such sanction as the Board may determine, (including expulsion from membership of the Competition) unless the Board is satisfied that by no later than 5pm on 31 July (or, if the 31 July falls on a weekend, 5pm on the immediately preceding Business Day) that the Club (or any new entity to which its membership is subsequently transferred under 2.9.2 above) is in a financial position to complete all of its fixtures for the immediate following Playing Season.

This sanction shall apply in addition to any Club being relegated pursuant to its playing record in the same period namely that in the event of the Club having already been relegated by one Step it shall be relegated two Steps.

This provision is subject to Rule 2.9.1 in respect of Clubs which have transferred their membership pursuant to an Insolvency Event and in that case where there is any conflict between any provision of Clause 14 and Rule 2.9.1 then this Clause 14 shall prevail.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:32 pm

Dan wrote:
88BenM wrote:Ardley on £200,000 a year according to that article! Or £3,846.15 a week! That is staggering for a lower league manager. I wonder if Demps is even in 25% of that, that would also probably fund Jim Bentley for about 5 years.

He's not on that mate.

If he turns them around, he would deserve that amount.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:38 pm

Dilly dilly.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:25 pm

Dan wrote:

He's not on that mate.

As he is working for Alan Hardy the only thing I would expect him to be on is anti-depressants.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:24 pm

According to this article the deal is “not close” (as promised by big al)

Looks like mega mega squeaky squeaky bottom time for tomorrow’s hearing.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/ ... ll-health/
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:38 pm

Beano wrote:According to this article the deal is “not close” (as promised by big al)

By seriously ill do you mean, ‘sick to death of the lies, false hopes, meaningless deadlines and general crap Alan Hardy talks’. Or do you mean Alan and his photographic todger have ballsed up the deal?

Either way County and their fans deserve to be rid of this man.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:21 am

I am Spartacus wrote:
Beano wrote:According to this article the deal is “not close” (as promised by big al)

By seriously ill do you mean, ‘sick to death of the lies, false hopes, meaningless deadlines and general crap Alan Hardy talks’. Or do you mean Alan and his photographic todger have ballsed up the deal?

Whilst agreeing with you about him needing to be gone, we also have to remember that without him they would have been in this mess 2 years ago.

I don't think Hardy went into this to make money out of the club and would appear to have lost almost everything. I think it is a harsh warning to would be club owners who don't have enough wealth to survive the storm when things go badly. The man is obnoxious but I do think he tried although he was incompetent.

Watch out for the AFC club on the horizon and let's see if they take as long as Acrington Stanley.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:56 am

Adjourned until 10th July.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:15 am

Dan wrote:Adjourned until 10th July.

Very lucky with that. I wouldn't be happy as a creditor to keep having it adjourned like this. It's ok saying that interest will be added but that won't do any good if they ultimately go through as they will never receive it.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:16 am

Notts County 1863 - 10 July 2019 R.I.P :shock:
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby sunray » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Hope the 1,500 fans who brought a season ticket haven't just given their money to the receiver. If they paid on a debit card should get their money back from the card company. Presumably Notts ticket staff told them to pay on a credit card.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagtastic1 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:45 pm

Not to worry though. Went past the ground today and according to the sign they are still the oldest professional league club in the world :oops:
stagtastic1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stoney » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:17 pm

Don't wish them to go bust one bit, they're only football fans like us. Hope they get it sorted and spend a few years in non league suffering like we did.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:58 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:

Whilst agreeing with you about him needing to be gone, we also have to remember that without him they would have been in this mess 2 years ago.

I don't think Hardy went into this to make money out of the club and would appear to have lost almost everything. I think it is a harsh warning to would be club owners who don't have enough wealth to survive the storm when things go badly. The man is obnoxious but I do think he tried although he was incompetent.

Watch out for the AFC club on the horizon and let's see if they take as long as Acrington Stanley.

I think you're being overly generous to him, Sandy.

He is incompetent, but there's a big difference between that and shooting your mouth off whatever chance you get. I agree his incompetence cost them dearly, but old 'Godzilla gob tiny nob' made sure he alienated other clubs, players, managers and fans alike. His monolithic ego guarantees he must always have the last say, and he takes criticism with all the grace of John Prescott in a 'best egg face' competition.

The ironic thing is, he probably still doesn't believe half of what he said/did was wrong
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:28 am

I can see that Mute but I wasn't talking about his character more about his intentions when he took the club over. I don't think he was in it to make millions or asset strip the place but genuinely wanted to own and run his football club.

That is a long way from the position of Hasloan and some other owners who are only in it for what they can make.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:39 am

Yeah I can totally agree with you on that, Sandy. His intentions were generally good, just clumsy and oafish.

Unfortunately he never dialed into the fact that his actions reverberated across the footballing world & the defiant beats of his war drum were heard loud and clear. I think he wanted to be Jack The Lad and one of the boys, but you can't do that at his level

Sensible owner = well regarded club = respect from fans and players, home and away
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum