{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:09 pm

Amberheart wrote:
Gruff wrote:Whilst it's been fun and entertaining watching their struggles over the past season, with their "best strikeforce in the league". Relegation would be a fitting climax for me, but potentially losing the club altogether, the job losses, effects on the lifelong (albeit "old") supporters, and missing the future entertainment of their struggles in non-league would be a sad day all round.

I have a lot of friends who support Notts, and I hope for their sake that this does not signify the end of their club....

My feelings exactly

Give your head a shake..... the bedwetting poorly run club as been on the verge of folding for years n for one reason or another they've seem to have been given a lifeline.... But most of all that shower of raspberry floating next to the Trent wouldn't give us a second thought if it was the other way around.....

I hope they go bust n rot in the lower leagues until they learn how to run a business properly n stop living on we are the oldest club in the world n you should all show us respect attitude....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:22 pm

SINA STAG wrote:Give your head a shake..... the bedwetting poorly run club as been on the verge of folding for years n for one reason or another they've seem to have been given a lifeline.... But most of all that shower of raspberry floating next to the Trent wouldn't give us a second thought if it was the other way around.....

I agree.... I would expect a small minority of neanderthal supporters from any club to gloat and revel in the possibility of a local club becoming non-existent, and the impact that may have on friends, family and local businesses.
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:43 pm

Gruff wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:Give your head a shake..... the bedwetting poorly run club as been on the verge of folding for years n for one reason or another they've seem to have been given a lifeline.... But most of all that shower of raspberry floating next to the Trent wouldn't give us a second thought if it was the other way around.....

I agree.... I would expect a small minority of neanderthal supporters from any club to gloat and revel in the possibility of a local club becoming non-existent, and the impact that may have on friends, family and local businesses.

Because football is such a life and death situation.

It won't affect my family, I don't have any friends and I'm sure the local businesses will survive.

As the old song goes.........I'm the Neanderthal man, your the Neanderthal girl.....
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:19 pm

I wish them many years of non league football but I’d never wish a club to go out of business (only MK)
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:59 pm

Ridiculous to wish a club to go out of business. Go down to the pit of non league misery for a few years, now that’s different!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:33 pm

adamstag wrote:Could just as easily happen to us.

So it could, but when we were getting rogered by thingymabob from Sheffield the Clownty fans were laughing their nobs off. It's our turn now. What are we to do, cry along with them? Nah let's milk it for all it's worth I say.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:47 pm

All I can say is Alan has really ‘cocked’ things up this time!!!

Obvious I know, but someone had to.

:lol:
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:49 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:I wish them many years of non league football but I’d never wish a club to go out of business (only MK)

This all over.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:31 pm

Once again we lose out. What with the sacking at Leicester, tonight's big derby and County we don't even get a mention on EMT. Probably better to keep under the radar
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:32 pm

You just know that raspberry will get away with it again. Teflon County, the raspberries never sticks.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:52 pm

If Paragon Interiors goes into administration you feel sorry for the guys who work there. AH was successfully running it until he thought he could run a football club. Now their jobs could be put at risk.

Is an overseas buyer going to pay seven million to enable AH to repay Paragon Interiors. If they don't get a buyer where is the monthly deficit that AH funds going to come from. Normally a lease is void if they go into administration/bust. JR could build another hotel.

As well as a 12 point deduction there is usually a two year player signing embargo. On top of that if they drop to Conference North it will take years to get back.

If they go bust we & MK loss 3 point, Lincoln & Bury loss 4 points. Every little helps

Prediction: NCFC avoid administration, get super rich owners, narrowly escape relegation, get automatic promotion next season and AH buys a herd of flying pigs.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:13 pm

So if their reesults are expunged, not likely but feasible, who would lose most points, we would lose three what about te rest?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:16 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Am I the only one who laughed so hard a bit of wee came out when I heard this ?

No
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:46 pm

Big yella wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Am I the only one who laughed so hard a bit of wee came out when I heard this ?

No

If you Want a laugh go on County forum n read their take on it all ..

Even AH as made an appearance with a statement saying don't worry a buyer is imminent n all will be revealed later this week.....

This is after the BBC n Evening Post are waiting for AH to make a statement

Couldn't make it up never mind write it.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby tinman » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:49 pm

Sneag wrote:You just know that raspberry will get away with it again. Teflon County, the raspberries never sticks.

This
First Stags Match Stags 0 Crewe 0, 14th September 1974
tinman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MOTG » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:12 pm

Will they be around with with the begging box again ?
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ParisStag » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:20 pm

Further to recent speculation about the financial performance of Paragon Interiors Group PLC and any impact this may have on Notts County Football Club, I want to assure supporters that the club will not be affected.

In the coming days I expect to receive a formal offer to purchase the club from an overseas consortium and more updates will follow in due course.

In the meantime, I will continue to support the club as best I can while dealing with a very difficult and stressful situation at Paragon.

Thank you for your continued support.

Alan

Well that's me convinced! :lol:
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:09 am

ParisStag wrote:Further to recent speculation about the financial performance of Paragon Interiors Group PLC and any impact this may have on Notts County Football Club, I want to assure supporters that the club will not be affected.

In the coming days I expect to receive a formal offer to purchase the club from an overseas consortium and more updates will follow in due course.

In the meantime, I will continue to support the club as best I can while dealing with a very difficult and stressful situation at Paragon.

Alan

THIS...........

Written by Walt Disney....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:31 am

SINA STAG wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Further to recent speculation about the financial performance of Paragon Interiors Group PLC and any impact this may have on Notts County Football Club, I want to assure supporters that the club will not be affected.

Alan

THIS...........

I am amazed you are convinced any of the above won't happen. We are talking about the 'Teflonites' here.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby m1cksut » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:38 am

SINA STAG wrote:

Alan

THIS...........

i see no reason to disbelieve him, after all, he said that nolan would make an england manager and that he wanted harry kewell there for five years.................. ahhh, oh, errm, yeah, i see what you did there!
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:22 am

m1cksut wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:

Alan

THIS...........

i see no reason to disbelieve him, after all, he said that nolan would make an england manager and that he wanted harry kewell there for five years.................. ahhh, oh, errm, yeah, i see what you did there!

But.....they always get off any hook they've been on. Just once I'd like to see them pay for their shambolic running of a football club. Not to go bust, but to spend some time experiencing what we did. Not too much to ask is it?
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Grendon Stag » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:33 am

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
m1cksut wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:

Alan

THIS...........

But.....they always get off any hook they've been on. Just once I'd like to see them pay for their shambolic running of a football club. Not to go bust, but to spend some time experiencing what we did. Not too much to ask is it?

I wouldn't get too excited about it cos as others have said they'll come out of it smelling of roses. They always do!
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Beano » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:58 am

The trouble with relying on an “expected offer from a foreign consortium” for the survival of your club, is that this “consortium” might not make a suitable offer.

Then what Alan???????????
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:02 am

Reported to be a consortium of Aussie business men ?
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:11 am

To say “bigal” is a businessman, he has a strange negotiating tactic.

I’m on my knees here please buy my debt riddled, money haemorrhaging, bottom of the entire football League football club for a decent price. Thank you.

Dear fans, everything will be fine ;)
Beano
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum