{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: A Thread About Conference Club Notts County

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:14 pm

Bye bye county.... what has that man done to them...
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:22 pm

I bet county fans didn't think it could get much worse than Trew. bet they wish they still had em in charge, he has fully ruined that football club
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:50 pm

I actually feel sorry for the Notts fans, we know exactly what it feels like however they're possibly about to be in a worse position than we ever were.

No football fan should lose the club they support.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:53 pm

Stoney wrote:I actually feel sorry for the Notts fans, we know exactly what it feels like however they're possibly about to be in a worse position than we ever were.

No football fan should lose the club they support.

Doubt they’ll go under, probably admin. Players will get paid by pfa in worst case. Hardy wont throw anymore in so has cut and run, it’s the staff that will be left in limbo
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:53 am

His view is that anyone wanting to run the Club successfully needs to find a way for it to be self-sustaining

:shock:

Strange how he didn't seem to believe that while running the club. His heart might have been in the right place, but his brain, gob & saveloy definitely weren't.

I'd wager he still can't see what he did wrong.
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:42 am

I have great sympathy for the County fans. Supporting a club is for life through thick & thin (apart from two Spirite mates who are now Blades season ticket holders). We had horrendous years with Haslam & the Conference but we eventually came out of it. I hope County survive to fight another day. The trip to Meadow Lane has always been one of our greatest days out, especially as I live close the the ground.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:33 pm

Lets get one thing straight ,nutts fans,loved it when they were flying ,loved hardy ,they were giving it the big un ,as was he ,now there in the pooh ,they cant wait to hang him ,simple they deserved each other ,i really think they could get liquidated,and bury ,but its not the first time for both of them ,byeèeeè
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:01 pm

stag861 wrote:I have great sympathy for the County fans. Supporting a club is for life through thick & thin (apart from two Spirite mates who are now Blades season ticket holders). We had horrendous years with Haslam & the Conference but we eventually came out of it. I hope County survive to fight another day. The trip to Meadow Lane has always been one of our greatest days out, especially as I live close the the ground.

I guess everyone’s different, whereas I don’t wish for them to go out of business of anything like that the fans got what they deserved - cocky, patronising, up themselves, believed they have some Devine right.

I’m pleased they’ve been knocked off their pirch and hope they have a good number of seasons down there
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Fitzy499 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:19 pm

adamstag wrote:
stag861 wrote:I have great sympathy for the County fans. Supporting a club is for life through thick & thin (apart from two Spirite mates who are now Blades season ticket holders). We had horrendous years with Haslam & the Conference but we eventually came out of it. I hope County survive to fight another day. The trip to Meadow Lane has always been one of our greatest days out, especially as I live close the the ground.

I guess everyone’s different, whereas I don’t wish for them to go out of business of anything like that the fans got what they deserved - cocky, patronising, up themselves, believed they have some Devine right.

I’m with you in part, but I don’t want them to go completely
I’m pleased they’ve been knocked off their pirch and hope they have a good number of seasons down there
Fitzy499
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby spanishstag » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:28 pm

Cant stand them go to the wall as far as im concerned,its all about evolution we are they arent
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:34 pm

spanishstag wrote:Cant stand them go to the wall as far as im concerned,its all about evolution we are they arent

Gloating has a habit of coming back and biting you on the arris
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:42 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Cant stand them go to the wall as far as im concerned,its all about evolution we are they arent

Believe me edders its not gloating, some of my nutts mates are getting their arses bitten as we speak :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:46 pm

oh dear
how sad
never mind
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:50 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Exactly, it’s came back to haunt both of them, they’ve got what they deserve
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby jimdadstag » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:05 pm

Dunno if this has been said in the million or so posts previously but I work just around the corner from the ground and the rumours are abounding.
It's been said that the interested parties waiting in the wings are mainly property developers who were waiting on the demise of the Bedwetters to the Bananarama league before looking for planning permission.
Its prime real estate potential and there are plans for major developments in that area.
They'll need more than a wheelbarrow to get out of this problem.
Its only my opinion,deal with it!
jimdadstag
First Team
First Team

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:39 pm

Are you talking about property developers buying the club in administration and liquidating it, completely obliterating the club and making way for excessively high priced high rise homing? Seems tin hat at the moment and really doubt that would ever happen but in fairness, business is business and property developers firmly have their sticky, money grabbing Satan claws all over that area right now. Next two weeks are going to be very interesting. Personally I can see potential genuine buyers waiting on administration to swoop in and "save them" but what do I know? I've twelve beers deep, draw stupid comics of Stags players and once thought Tyrone Thompson looked a decent prospect
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Chacawab » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:11 pm

Tyrone Thompson… shudder! :? :?
Chacawab
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wilfred » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:50 pm

Yes. Some County fans did give it large when Haslam was destroying The Stags and when we became non league. But there are lots of decent fans who would be heartbroken if County were to fold. I have lots of sympathy for the latter. Tiny Todge, for a supposed businessman, has brought County to the verge of financial ruin and collapse. No sympathy whatsoever for him. He should be charged with criminal neglect.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:07 pm

It looks to get worse and worse for them by the day. Players leaving, no staff, no training ground, no kit, no money, no signings.

If they aren't relegated into tier 6 before the season kicks off, they will be relegated next season.

County gone for a long time I think.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:14 pm

The Bradford Park Avenue of the new millenium.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:45 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:It looks to get worse and worse for them by the day. Players leaving, no staff, no training ground, no kit, no money, no signings.

If they aren't relegated into tier 6 before the season kicks off, they will be relegated next season.

County gone for a long time I think.

And rumours of the manager walking earlier today as well.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:13 am

Wouldn't blame him.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby West Ham 1969 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:05 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Agree...let’s just enjoy it whilst we can :D
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:26 am

Tried to have a sensible discussion with a County fan at work near the end of last season and I was being sympathetic to their cause having been there not so long back ourselves. As the conversation developed the 'Munto' period was brought up and I commented on the fact that the rest of the division were robbed that season by false money. His response was that it was a brilliant season and he would love to do it all over again. I continued along the theme of how it cheated all the other teams and he just grinned and shrugged his shoulders.
At this point I lost all sympathy in the same way that I do when Cheaterfield fans gloat about the season when they robbed the division.
We got enough stick from fans of both clubs when we were in the conference, now it's their turn.
I hope they both rot in non-league for a very, very long time.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:26 am

Would never wish a club out of business . A few years in non league....yes . Far too many of them revelled in our non league years for me to think any different . The chip has dropped off the shoulder and many of them might be better for it when they do return .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum