{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: A Thread About Conference Club Notts County

Postby Jimstag » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:22 pm

It really depends if the takeover’s delayed or over.
I’ve said before I can’t see why anyone would pay good money if they can buy the club for £1 out of admin. Sadly it’s the staff that suffer the consequences in these times.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:24 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Disgraceful treatment of all County Fans by Alan Hardy.

Still the FA, the Minister for Culture and Sport, the EFL and the National League are silent. Though, if they did speak out we wouldn’t be able to hear them due to all the Sky TV subscribers turning up the volume. Sad & worrying times indeed.

I'm not sure what they're expected to say? Everyone can see they've been driven into the dirt by one man with an egg head and a teeny peen. So that much is moot to comment on. Would they say it's a shame and they wish them well like Theresa said? Completely empty waste of words. Are they to step in and save them? Absolutely not. Bailing out a poorly run circus sets a dangerously slippery slope.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:27 pm

Everybody blaming Hardy but this has been coming for nearly 20 years. Delusions of grandeur and financial mismanagement. Constantly spending money they haven't got. Most other clubs remember the arrogance of the munto years. Who's laughing now ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:43 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:Everybody blaming Hardy but this has been coming for nearly 20 years. Delusions of grandeur and financial mismanagement. Constantly spending money they haven't got. Most other clubs remember the arrogance of the munto years. Who's laughing now ?

This.....

They've had it coming for a few years now.

Escaped it in the early 2000s, got away with it under munto while there No swearing fans were doing the hughsey now there bout to get there just rewards under hardy and all there taunting of us that they have done over the past 10 years even though theyve regulary finished bleow us in the league and struggled to score by us never mind beat us,
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:01 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Disgraceful treatment of all County Fans by Alan Hardy.

Still the FA, the Minister for Culture and Sport, the EFL and the National League are silent. Though, if they did speak out we wouldn’t be able to hear them due to all the Sky TV subscribers turning up the volume. Sad & worrying times indeed.

I'm not sure what they're expected to say? Everyone can see they've been driven into the dirt by one man with an egg head and a teeny peen. So that much is moot to comment on. Would they say it's a shame and they wish them well like Theresa said? Completely empty waste of words. Are they to step in and save them? Absolutely not. Bailing out a poorly run circus sets a dangerously slippery slope.

Thoughts and prayers. ;)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:04 pm

Everyone is calling on the EFL and FA to do something but what is that, exactly?

The owner had money available from a very successful parent company, the funds were there. They spent big, for sure, but it was only because of the misfortunes of the parent company that they're in the raspberries. Had Paragon not had issues, they wouldn't be going under.

The EFL ARE putting FFP/League 2 equivalent safe guards in place but at what point would that restrict the business side of football from operating? If One Call went under, we are raspberried. Absolutely up the plum, so how are we different to County, in terms of business model? We're not. We just have an owner that would do everything to lessen thge blow to the club.

So how does the EFL manage that?

Hardy has an ego, but his intention wasn't to destroy the club. He just didn't know how to handle it when it went wrong. How does the EFL control that?
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:10 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:Everyone is calling on the EFL and FA to do something but what is that, exactly?

The owner had money available from a very successful parent company, the funds were there. They spent big, for sure, but it was only because of the misfortunes of the parent company that they're in the raspberries. Had Paragon not had issues, they wouldn't be going under.

The EFL ARE putting FFP/League 2 equivalent safe guards in place but at what point would that restrict the business side of football from operating? If One Call went under, we are raspberried. Absolutely up the plum, so how are we different to County, in terms of business model? We're not. We just have an owner that would do everything to lessen thge blow to the club.

Hardy has an ego, but his intention wasn't to destroy the club. He just didn't know how to handle it when it went wrong. How does the EFL control that?

Exactly. Hardy wasn't a Keith Haslam, he just raspberried up his business by incompetence rather than malice.

Hardy would have sailed through any FPP test.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:10 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:Everyone is calling on the EFL and FA to do something but what is that, exactly?

Thats the good thing about the Radfords that i admire.

They ran the club on budget for two seasons straight without the need of OCI subsidising us and proved that if things do get a bit rough we can do it again and survive.

MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:11 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:Everybody blaming Hardy but this has been coming for nearly 20 years. Delusions of grandeur and financial mismanagement. Constantly spending money they haven't got. Most other clubs remember the arrogance of the munto years. Who's laughing now ?

This.....

Escaped it in the early 2000s, got away with it under munto while there No swearing fans were doing the hughsey now there bout to get there just rewards under hardy and all there taunting of us that they have done over the past 10 years even though theyve regulary finished bleow us in the league and struggled to score by us never mind beat us,

The 'delusions of grandeur and financial mismanagement' are the fault of the owners, not the fans. You can't blame fans for being optimistic when they get a supposedly rich owner in, promising to take them back to the leagues they were in before. With Hardy, they had a guy who, on the face of it, looked like a successful local businessman and a fan of the club. They couldn't be blamed for welcoming him as a hero after their various previous owners. And I don't remember them being particularly bad about us going down. Spireites did, but not really County. They have their banter with us over the whole city vs town thing and the fact that historically we are a smaller club, but that is also to be expected and shouldn't be a reason to want them to go bust or say 'just rewards' in my opinion. Some of you have short memories of how it felt to be in that position. They are real lower league fans like us. I think a bit of class is required from our fans on this one.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:23 pm

ParisStag wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

This.....

The 'delusions of grandeur and financial mismanagement' are the fault of the owners, not the fans. You can't blame fans for being optimistic when they get a supposedly rich owner in, promising to take them back to the leagues they were in before. With Hardy, they had a guy who, on the face of it, looked like a successful local businessman and a fan of the club. They couldn't be blamed for welcoming him as a hero after their various previous owners. And I don't remember them being particularly bad about us going down. Spireites did, but not really County. They have their banter with us over the whole city vs town thing and the fact that historically we are a smaller club, but that is also to be expected and shouldn't be a reason to want them to go bust or say 'just rewards' in my opinion. Some of you have short memories of how it felt to be in that position. They are real lower league fans like us. I think a bit of class is required from our fans on this one.

How memories fade... i remember there fans after the game at meadow lane were we drew 0-0 signing pro haslam songs and we will never play you again.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:40 pm

All very good except it wasn't Paragon that took County under, it was County that put Paragon under.

If County hadn't owed millions to Paragon they would still be trading and a very healthy business. Hardy 'bought' County using Paragon's money not his own and then kept borrowing more to finance an impossible dream.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:51 pm

ParisStag wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

This.....

I was chatting to a County fan at work late last season and despite the situation they were in, he was still harking back to the great times that they had with the munto money. Absolutely no humility and no remorse over the way that they cheated a league title with false finances. I also remember the fans waving wads of notes at other clubs fans as they steamrollered them with players way above that level that they couldn't really afford.
I also remember the pro-Haslam and 'never play you again' chanting.
Go back nearly 20 years to the last time we were in L1 and County were 1 of 4 teams in administration that year with no penalty while we were relegated while spending within our means.
The financial mismanagement is the fault of the owners, but the delusions of grandeur definitely sits with the fans abd is to some extent a catalyst to the constant overspending as owners attempt to match the fans ambitions.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:14 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

This.....

I was chatting to a County fan at work late last season and despite the situation they were in, he was still harking back to the great times that they had with the munto money. Absolutely no humility and no remorse over the way that they cheated a league title with false finances. I also remember the fans waving wads of notes at other clubs fans as they steamrollered them with players way above that level that they couldn't really afford.
I also remember the pro-Haslam and 'never play you again' chanting.
Go back nearly 20 years to the last time we were in L1 and County were 1 of 4 teams in administration that year with no penalty while we were relegated while spending within our means.
The financial mismanagement is the fault of the owners, but the delusions of grandeur definitely sits with the fans abd is to some extent a catalyst to the constant overspending as owners attempt to match the fans ambitions.

Spot on, couldn’t care less about them...I’ve worked with loads of their fans over the years and they are all the same....was always a good day out but would rather develop new rivalries with teams higher up the pyramid.

Scary how they they have fallen so far behind us in the space of a year...in all areas
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Opus » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:31 pm

I can understand (but not condone) Hardy's silence
What does puzzle m thought is the silence from the Danes. Surely if they are serious about taking over there would be reassurances from them about their intentions
Opus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby kyle b » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:21 pm

Talk of it going into administration and Norman smurthwaite taking over oh dear
This time next year they’ll either be starting in the national league north or will be no club atall
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:33 pm

It’s all getting a bit over the top now. I wanted them to get relegated because they were raspberries, and then hang around in the National League for a few years looking up at us, and being able to laugh at them being down there - getting beaten regularly by bus stops in Kent or streets in Cambridgeshire, and them raging about being there and us being higher than them. And then just when they’re beginning to enjoy it down there, they go and get promoted and then be really raspberries in League 2, and they hate that too, and then maybe get relegated again, so we can laugh forever.

Going out of business cheats me of all of that, cowards. Stay in business so you can be laughed at, and give me some satisfaction in my otherwise average life. Do you hear me you bedwetting raspberries!
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:19 pm

Marky Mark wrote:It’s all getting a bit over the top now. I wanted them to get relegated because they were raspberries, and then hang around in the National League for a few years looking up at us, and being able to laugh at them being down there - getting beaten regularly by bus stops in Kent or streets in Cambridgeshire, and them raging about being there and us being higher than them. And then just when they’re beginning to enjoy it down there, they go and get promoted and then be really raspberries in League 2, and they hate that too, and then maybe get relegated again, so we can laugh forever.

Going out of business cheats me of all of that, cowards. Stay in business so you can be laughed at, and give me some satisfaction in my otherwise average life. Do you hear me you bedwetting raspberries!

Brilliant
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:38 am

raspberry um I hope they die
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:05 am

even if they go pop, AFCClownty will pop up at some point, might go watch um against the Bulls at some point lol
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:57 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

This.....

How memories fade... i remember there fans after the game at meadow lane were we drew 0-0 signing pro haslam songs and we will never play you again.

This. My give a raspberry meter isn’t even flickering.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:04 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

This.....

This. My give a raspberry meter isn’t even flickering.

Karma calling Clownty, who’s laughing now ehhhh?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:36 pm

A lot of their fans are arrogant and think they have a right to be helped, just because they oldest football club. Karma at its finest.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:19 am

Have they gone bust yet.....

Someone turn off the life support

When is the funeral

I love good wake
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:34 am

Bedwetters can't understand why Matt Rheade hasn't signed for them but chosen Billericay instead.......

Ermmmmm you don't have any money or paying wages......
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:56 am

SINA STAG wrote:Bedwetters can't understand why Matt Rheade hasn't signed for them but chosen Billericay instead.......

Ermmmmm you don't have any money or paying wages......

He wants to play at a reasonable level not in a Sunday league for a Dog and Duckesque AFC County.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum