{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: A Thread About Conference Club Notts County

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:02 pm

ST4GS wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Who cares ?

Is that the one on first base?

Lost me
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:06 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
ST4GS wrote:

Lost me

The Abbot & Costello version of 'How high is a Chinaman?'
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:56 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
ST4GS wrote:

Lost me

They were gentler times.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=wh ... &FORM=VIRE
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby manssmooth » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:24 am

Big yella wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
ST4GS wrote:

Lost me

They were gentler times.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=wh ... &FORM=VIRE

:lol: Brilliant, been years since i last saw that sketch, genius. Thanks for the memory.
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Redspirelite » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:17 am

For some individuals who are not interested in Notts or Chesterfield there are very long threads/pages devoted to these clubs 129 & 244 ?
Redspirelite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby stag861 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:23 am

The Northampton fans site was in admiration for having two long threads about Clownty & the Spireites. They were envious that they had no local clubs to dislike!
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ST4GS » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:43 am

Redspirelite wrote:For some individuals who are not interested in Notts or Chesterfield there are very long threads/pages devoted to these clubs 129 & 244 ?

Why Red in your username, have you got divided loyalties? and can you be a Spire lite these days?
Is that term for people who just attend the odd match or two per season, the one cal supporter type?

Funny enough we do not have threads about Wycombe Wanderers or Tranmere Rovers etc for obvious reasons but with the news being full of doom and gloom over the past year or so these threads bring a bit of light relief.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Redspirelite » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:34 am

Neither ST4GS, Just someone who enjoys local soccer, first saw Mansfield early 70's and enjoyed Wembley with them, personally I will be happy if Mansfield, Notts & Chesterfield are back in the same league, EFL, as it can only be good for local soccer plus the rivalry, lets be honest cant see any of the three making the championship, to expensive and not big enough fan base, don't be fooled by my name as I don't normally enter in to "football forums" but couldn't resist the irony with some of the comments, anyway best of luck to the Stags for rest of season
Redspirelite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ST4GS » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:47 am

Redspirelite wrote:Neither ST4GS, Just someone who enjoys local soccer, first saw Mansfield early 70's and enjoyed Wembley with them, personally I will be happy if Mansfield, Notts & Chesterfield are back in the same league, EFL, as it can only be good for local soccer plus the rivalry, lets be honest cant see any of the three making the championship, to expensive and not big enough fan base, don't be fooled by my name as I don't normally enter in to "football forums" but couldn't resist the irony with some of the comments, anyway best of luck to the Stags for rest of season

Wow, you are a rare breed (old school type).
20 Years or so ago I bumped into an old fellow in his late seventies maybe who used to go to the Stags home games one week and Chesterfield the next (the fixtures years ago always seemed to permit that). You could tell he just loved his football and did not have a bias or negative bone in his body, this attitude probably describes many of our parents or grandparents when we think back who went to the game for pure enjoyment, did not get involved with the club or its politics on a day to day basis (probably due to lack of news or social media), and did not worry too much about the league tables and threat of extinction etc.
If you went to Wembley just for the football as a neutral then how the hell did you enjoy that game??? (1987 was a poor game, 2011 was probably the worst game in living memory with the Cardiff play off final in 2004 a close second).
Stags games at big neutral venues have been dire but I would love to live those three days over again with the anticipation intact.
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:15 pm

Redspirelite wrote:Neither ST4GS, Just someone who enjoys local soccer, first saw Mansfield early 70's and enjoyed Wembley with them, personally I will be happy if Mansfield, Notts & Chesterfield are back in the same league, EFL, as it can only be good for local soccer plus the rivalry, lets be honest cant see any of the three making the championship, to expensive and not big enough fan base, don't be fooled by my name as I don't normally enter in to "football forums" but couldn't resist the irony with some of the comments, anyway best of luck to the Stags for rest of season

Stopped reading 8 words in!
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:18 pm

Redspirelite wrote:For some individuals who are not interested in Notts or Chesterfield there are very long threads/pages devoted to these clubs 129 & 244 ?

Ahh I see your confusion, we like to keep things tidy here, just 1 thread for each of our local non league neighbours. This saves having to post a new thread every time something funny happens to them (can you imagine the mess if not?)

As you can see the threads have been running a long time, so long ago The Cheats were a League 1 team in fact :lol:

You are also confusing “interested” with “laughing at”

:coys:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby cerfjaune » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:19 pm

My Dad was like that. Living in Shirebrook it was Stags one Saturday, Spireites the next. The first match he took me to when I was aware of what was going on was Stags v. Accrington, and I stuck with Stags ever after. I wonder.... if the first match he’d taken me to had been a Spirites’ game, I suspect I’d have ended up a lifelong Spireites fan. That is a horrific thought.
cerfjaune
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby chip63 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:51 pm

I liked the headline All ELETE Football Suspended.
Prem EFL women's football.
Are county playing Saturday? :D

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:41 am

My dad used to watch Stags reserves if the first team were away. And my granddad used to sometimes go to Spireites or Rotherham. His family originally moved from the Burton area in the 30s so work in the pits so they were Derby fans before Stags and used to go back and watch them too.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagtastic1 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:04 am

Just looking on their forum and under post “season over” there is a picture showing the pitch which looks like it has been dug up ready for re-laying.
stagtastic1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby one f in mansfield » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:00 pm

Taken from the bed wetters site . it has still not sunk in that they are only a big fish in a very small pool

You talk about "re-election". If it's the EFL, wouldn't they go for Notts? On the basis we took the last relegation spot in the last full season and we also will take more fans to games than Barrow. From a clubs view, they'd surely prefer Notts?
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:31 am

There’s no chance Notts will go up.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:58 am

adamstag wrote:There’s no chance Notts will go up.

Ideally this season needs to be completed otherwise promotion and relegation could well be settled in the courts.
Partick Thistle are probably going down that route after Dundee's U-turn.

To prevent litigation issues it might be an idea to finish this season come what may even if it takes until December, then have a regionalised North / South section for each league (maybe 10,11 or for this example 12 teams per section, with 22 games and if time permits have each division split into two like Scotland used to do with all clubs involved in either promotion or relegation after game 22, this could increase games/revenue to either 27 or 32 depending on when the season gets underway, promote the top two and relegate the bottom two). Then Start 2021-22 from August as normal.
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:41 am

ST4GS wrote:

Ideally this season needs to be completed otherwise promotion and relegation could well be settled in the courts.

To prevent litigation issues it might be an idea to finish this season come what may even if it takes until December, then have a regionalised North / South section for each league (maybe 10,11 or for this example 12 teams per section, with 22 games and if time permits have each division split into two like Scotland used to do with all clubs involved in either promotion or relegation after game 22, this could increase games/revenue to either 27 or 32 depending on when the season gets underway, promote the top two and relegate the bottom two). Then Start 2021-22 from August as normal.

Just promote Barrow. The EFL have a vacancy & on PPG ratios Barrow win the Conference by about 10 points.

Non league is going to have to restructure anyway, about a dozen clubs have resigned already.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:34 am

:lol: Last time they had a decent side :lol: Did Dan take that photo :lol: :lol:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:45 pm

Sneag wrote:
ST4GS wrote:

Just promote Barrow. The EFL have a vacancy & on PPG ratios Barrow win the Conference by about 10 points.

Non league is going to have to restructure anyway, about a dozen clubs have resigned already.

The next stage of non-league restructuring has been postponed until the end of the 20-21 season now.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:51 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::lol: Last time they had a decent side :lol: Did Dan take that photo :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:13 pm

Shyt or bust for em tomorrow. 90 mins, no et, straight to pens. C'mon Barnet.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:23 pm

Dan, I have just read on Twitter that after covering NCFC all season that the club aren’t giving you a press pass for the play off final? If this is true it is disgusting - almost ‘Hardyesque’.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:31 pm

Yes mate it’s true I’m afraid.
Dan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum