{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Poor Old Big Al’s Notts County

Postby The One » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:58 pm

The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:22 pm

stag861 wrote:Anyone watch Line of Duty? Vicky McClure (well known Clownty season ticket holder) character goes home to her family and her “son” has a Florist”. mug. Has she changed sides?

https://www.nottinghampost.com/whats-on ... ne-2707607
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:06 pm

Let's hope it's Persimmon Homes
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:01 pm

Why? If you're thinking they'd be able to build on the Lane they won't, because the plot of land doesn't belong to Clownty it's leased land.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:57 am

Joke!!!!
With the agreement of the owners of the land - Nottm CC. You can build and sell houses as leasehold properties.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby wink68 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:28 am

Please, please, please be Haslam.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:57 am

I wonder if they will try and sign Adam Johnson? After all they signed Lee Hughes. They may have staved off administration by a change of ownership but in some respects they will always be morally bankrupt.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:22 pm

I'm struggling to see why there's all this hatred towards Notts County. They seem to me to be a good club with a nice ground and by no means the worst fans. And if we don't go up we will desperately need a local derby.
I think most fans have hated the extra attention given to the Magpies by Radio Nottingham, but the hatred should be directed at the BBC rather than the club. If memory serves me right though, Stags actually turned down a BBC offer to do commentary a few years ago. And the appalling Radio Mansfield (who actually chooses to listen to that station?) have also decided not to offer commentary despite having the rights... which seems suspiciously like a deal done with i-follow to stitch up the fans - or is that just all in my cynical mind.
Anyway... Up The Stags!
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby 1tb » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:28 pm

For me it goes back to the Radio Nottingham coverage when "Uncle Colin" was their correspondent. He was always very derogatory towards the Stags. It was as though his ill feeling towards us was adopted by the County fans too
1tb
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:56 pm

They have always lived above their means and have been in administration twice already.

Their fans think they are far superior and refer to us as the dingles with six fingers. In general people from Nottingham think Mansfield is the worst slum in the world despite its own short comings.

90 people from a perfectly viable firm have lost their jobs just to keep County afloat which I find morally indefensible.

I have no doubt theire are some very good and loyal fans who deserve better but it is the club that goes down and it is rotten to the core.

PS How about Burton and possibly Rotherham for local derbies not to mention Donny.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:39 pm

Unfortunately Big Al's acquisition of Notts was more about himself than Notts.

First he dumped all the jobs at Notts Ladies. Paragon failed sacrificing 90 loyal staff. If the sale falls through will the golf club be the next to go.

If the loans were between Paragon and Notts County then presumably the administrator will continue to pursue Notts for repayment not Big Al himself.

Will Big Al walk away with a profit and a season ticket for life.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:29 pm

sunray wrote:Unfortunately Big Al's acquisition of Notts was more about himself than Notts.

First he dumped all the jobs at Notts Ladies. Paragon failed sacrificing 90 loyal staff. If the sale falls through will the golf club be the next to go.

If the loans were between Paragon and Notts County then presumably the administrator will continue to pursue Notts for repayment not Big Al himself.

A profit? There’s no chance of him getting his investment back, let alone a profit.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby robbingdog » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:05 pm

The golf club aren’t in the same bracket, neither are notts
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby chip63 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:17 pm

Bolton have been infront of hmrc and got the winding up order delayed through the club being sold.
Hardy has asked for patience and privacy for the supposed new buyers to be respected.
A week before a winding up order by hmcr he has an anonymous buyer that will delay the winding up order.
We all know it's worth more as a league club than non league, he's gambling they stay up so he gets more money for it.
If they go down he just doesn't pay his creditors and takes his wages expenses and loans with him.

I feel sorry for the fans but hope he loses every penny. If that means going down and the parachute payment goes to hmrc
Then I hope the fans feel some solace.

How much is the parachute payment and is it 2 years ?

I hate him nearly as much as haslam and I despise every single payment the Radfords had to give him.

Beer rant over :D but I know what I mean and feel.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:30 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
sunray wrote:Unfortunately Big Al's acquisition of Notts was more about himself than Notts.

A profit? There’s no chance of him getting his investment back, let alone a profit.

What investment though ? Absolutely none of his own money. Just loans from his company that has gone bust.
Allegedly :D

I could buy county if they lent me the asking price and I could pay them back each week.
If I don't pay the loan back I still own county until they are wound up and I take my wage each week my expenses and maybe don't pay every players and staff for a couple of months but I get paid first.

I'm really on one :D its haslams fault, I've been angered by the payments we had to give him for years and he's still on the deeds of if it gets sold on.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:41 am

Does anyone ACTUALLY believe this offer to be true?

Let's not forget Chesterfield supposedly had bids on the table last season for their bottom of the league shower of sheep poo.

And they weren't even in danger of going bust.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:10 am

who knows, let’s just enjoy the ride lol
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yaxhamstag » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:11 am

If the buyer is still undertaking due diligence, then there is still a fair way to go before this is a done deal.
A careful man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a walk
yaxhamstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby pemill » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:48 am

yaxhamstag wrote:If the buyer is still undertaking due diligence, then there is still a fair way to go before this is a done deal.

Due diligence should also find any ‘skeletons in the cupboard’, it should get to the heart of the what the club is all about and associated risks for the buyer
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:38 am

pemill wrote:
yaxhamstag wrote:If the buyer is still undertaking due diligence, then there is still a fair way to go before this is a done deal.

Due diligence should also find any ‘skeletons in the cupboard’, it should get to the heart of the what the club is all about and associated risks for the buyer

Due diligence didn't work for the Bury owner.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:33 pm

They think they’re safe. They’re anything but.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:18 pm

I know that if I was doing due diligence, then it would include the league status of the club I was buying. (And subsequently its actual value)

I certainly wouldn’t be in a hurry to pay league prices for a vanarama income.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:40 pm

chip63 wrote:What investment though ? Absolutely none of his own money. Just loans from his company that has gone bust.
Allegedly :D

The money he's put in still came from a company he owned. He could have taken that money himself instead but didn't. Bet he wishes he had, especially as he's destroyed his main business in the process.

It's cost him a lot. I'm gutted for him hahaha.

I really hope County go down. They should have gone bust before and whilst I don't want them to disappear, a period of reflection in the Conference along side the sheep is well overdue. Karma.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:40 pm

That late Yeovil goal could potentially be huge for momentum and team spirit. Yeovil will gain belief from that. Hopefully Macc can beat a shaky looking Exeter side on Tuesday night too.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:48 pm

Any rightminded person will be wholeheartedly supporting Notts when they play MK Dons in a couple of weeks though, won't they?!
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum