{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby ParisStag » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:04 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:It will be interesting to see if they are active in the January transfer window.

I wonder if Hardy will put his hands in his pocket and sign a few. On the other side of things there may be one or two decent players they offload.

They haven't got 2 decent players.

Do you not reckon that Dennis, Hemmings, Vaughan & Boudewijn could walk into most L2 teams then Paris?

For those sort of players to be uninterested smacks of something rancid higher up the business food chain, imo

Only one I'd have is Boudewijn. I was split on Hemmings but he's made my mind up this season. Dennis is shaping up for his 3rd relegation from League 2 so no thanks, Vaughan is technically good, but doesn't have the graft or legs to play in our league. I'd have Mitch Rose over him.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:21 pm

Its desperation time 2 quid a ticket ,cant fault the bloke ,but i really think its there time lets hope so ,probably my most hated team ,i know its meant to be spierites ,but i lived amongst them ,so for me its half and half
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:52 pm

Spiritater wrote:Alan's Xmas message is a hoot on Youtube. He only needs Gromit and a plate of Wenslydale and crackers and you could imagine your watching a Nick Park film.

But I have to say his offer of £2 for everyone against Cambridge is an excellent one and will probably see them get 14-15000. If Johnny did that here though I doubt we'd break 7k, even though we are looking really good at the moment.

It wouldn't be an excellent one for us, as we'd lose tens of thousands of £s by doing it - which wouldn't be great timing given the fact that we're going into the only month of the season where we can strengthen the squad on a permanent basis. If we did everyone £2 and the ground was, for arguments sake, a 10,000 capacity sell out - then the maximum gate receipts would be £20k. Even now our gate receipts (approx 2,500 paying fans at average £10-£15 each) would be at least £30k per game - the argument about more food sold to more fans doesn't stack up either as we can barely sell to the fans we get through the gate now. The only thing that increases crowds on a regular basis is success, if offers increased crowds on a regular level then the 8,000 from the Gateshead game would still be turning up every fortnight, the crowds are increasing in line with how well we're doing - we'll regularly be over 5,000 if we carry on with this form to the end of the season.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:31 am

Marky Mark wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Alan's Xmas message is a hoot on Youtube. He only needs Gromit and a plate of Wenslydale and crackers and you could imagine your watching a Nick Park film.

But I have to say his offer of £2 for everyone against Cambridge is an excellent one and will probably see them get 14-15000. If Johnny did that here though I doubt we'd break 7k, even though we are looking really good at the moment.

It wouldn't be an excellent one for us, as we'd lose tens of thousands of £s by doing it - which wouldn't be great timing given the fact that we're going into the only month of the season where we can strengthen the squad on a permanent basis. If we did everyone £2 and the ground was, for arguments sake, a 10,000 capacity sell out - then the maximum gate receipts would be £20k. Even now our gate receipts (approx 2,500 paying fans at average £10-£15 each) would be at least £30k per game - the argument about more food sold to more fans doesn't stack up either as we can barely sell to the fans we get through the gate now. The only thing that increases crowds on a regular basis is success, if offers increased crowds on a regular level then the 8,000 from the Gateshead game would still be turning up every fortnight, the crowds are increasing in line with how well we're doing - we'll regularly be over 5,000 if we carry on with this form to the end of the season.

It’s far worse than that Marky. Our ground will NOT accommodate anywhere near 10,000. Also, You need to take into account the season ticket holders.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:31 am

County can do the offers because they have the empty seats to do it. We average at over 50% of the real capacity this season. County also are in an urban area of 500,000 people, and despite being a 2 club city the presence of Forest actually helps when they put an offer on. A large group of fans of live football may be more inclined to watch their little neighbour for £2 afterall County haven't been a proper rival to Forest in decades.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:15 am

Big game for County today & Macc's current form is far superior to Notts. MTFC W3 D2 L1 F5 A2 versus Notts W1 D2 L3 F5 A12.

A win for Macc could lift them out of the bottom 2 which would be a massive boost for them considering the start they made.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:01 pm

I thought there were rules over how many offers you can do in a season ? Potatohead seems to trot em out on a regular basis .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:17 pm

victor A block wrote:I thought there were rules over how many offers you can do in a season ? Potatohead seems to trot em out on a regular basis .

I think Wallace features is just winging it , I can't see how they can keep affording to keep doing these offers
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:38 pm

Macclesfield winning :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:58 pm

Won.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:30 pm

has Ardley been given a vote of confidence yet?
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:36 pm

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:36 pm

Going down going down going down.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:23 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46614840

Macclesfield 60% possession away from home ? .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:02 pm

Apparently it was very dispairing stuff down the lane today. Possibly the biggest Janny-Tranny window in their clubs history because if they don't have a good.one they are down.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:09 pm

Chaz Slater and Mark Stallard are agog at the utter ineptitude on display in front of them at t'Lane atm.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby DE STAG » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:19 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Apparently it was very dispairing stuff down the lane today. Possibly the biggest Janny-Tranny window in their clubs history because if they don't have a good.one they are down.

The Question is; If you’re a decent L2 player would you want to join the worst team in the EFL in January?
DE STAG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:55 pm

DE STAG wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Apparently it was very dispairing stuff down the lane today. Possibly the biggest Janny-Tranny window in their clubs history because if they don't have a good.one they are down.

The Question is; If you’re a decent L2 player would you want to join the worst team in the EFL in January?

Money talks
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:05 pm

They already have a 35+ squad . Where's the money coming from ?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Lots of coverage on Nottinghamshire Live.
I was expecting even more on the Stags, but have failed to locate the section on the website.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:47 pm

ARLukomski's vlog is proper :hysteria:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:50 pm

[quote="Spiritater"]ARLukomski's vlog is proper :hysteria:[/quote]

https://youtu.be/XvE8__y9e70
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:47 am

Sounds like a performer out in Benidorm! :P

I would love to know the real reason behind their demise. Sounds like the dressing room is more 'lost' than a C4 series about a plane crash on a tropical island
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:55 am

almost feel sorry for him.

but i find that if i lay down in a darkened room, it passes!
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:10 am

Charlie Slater asks Yardley if he had the money would he bring un twenty new players? Duh!
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum