{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby Dan » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:27 pm

Sometimes it's all about showing a bit of class and being the bigger man. I could go to town on them if I wanted to with all the 'Mind the Gap' crap I got on a daily basis last season, but I've not done it. Mainly because I've got lots of friends who are Notts fans who are hurting & also because I like to show a bit of class to a fellow football club.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:34 pm

Dan wrote:Sometimes it's all about showing a bit of class and being the bigger man. I could go to town on them if I wanted to with all the 'Mind the Gap' crap I got on a daily basis last season, but I've not done it. Mainly because I've got lots of friends who are Notts fans who are hurting & also because I like to show a bit of class to a fellow football club.

how boring :lol:

stuff them. I wouldn't give a toss if they went bust. A good stint in the conference would be nice but as everyone else says, they usually come out smelling of roses somehow.

don't think the best strike force in the league will be able to get them out of this one
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:40 pm

Dan wrote:Sometimes it's all about showing a bit of class and being the bigger man. I could go to town on them if I wanted to with all the 'Mind the Gap' crap I got on a daily basis last season, but I've not done it. Mainly because I've got lots of friends who are Notts fans who are hurting & also because I like to show a bit of class to a fellow football club.

I think that shows a lot of respect and maturity.

I have friends who are Chesterfield fans, and I got a lot of "comments" when we went non league, but so far I havn't returned the same comments.

Maybe if they drop another league I might be tempted. ;)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:42 pm

I think they’ll get a buyer for the club
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:32 pm

I would be amazed if they didn’t.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:19 pm

Just on sky Paragon into administration.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:21 pm

County to follow?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:24 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:County to follow?

Inshallah. ;)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:36 pm

How long do administrators usually take to work out where they need to get their money from? It's a race against time now for Notts to find a buyer before the vultures come in an pick their bones clean.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:03 pm

ParisStag wrote:How long do administrators usually take to work out where they need to get their money from? It's a race against time now for Notts to find a buyer before the vultures come in an pick their bones clean.

Open the accounts look at long term debtors.

Providing books haven't been cooked it will be there.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:12 pm

Well if county owe paragon £7m it’s not hard to work out where the administrators will go looking
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:13 pm

Me and a few others just stacked up at 8/11 for them to get relegated. Get in beforw bookies stop taking bets
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:21 pm

The Mansfield Down flag and gleefully enjoying our fate with the sheep lovers has come back to haunt them now for sure it seems.
I don't like to see any club fold even this bunch of clowns, but it looks like it's coming.......unless the god Teflonitis comes to their rescue.

Don't bet against it.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ParisStag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:26 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:The Mansfield Down flag and gleefully enjoying our fate with the sheep lovers has come back to haunt them now for sure it seems.
I don't like to see any club fold even this bunch of clowns, but it looks like it's coming.......unless the god Teflonitis comes to their rescue.

Don't bet against it.

They won't go bust. A club like Notts will always find a buyer, but it may not be the one they want and it may not be in time to stop them going down. That's the hope anyway.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chacawab » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:40 pm

There’ll be no sympathy from me. IFHNC!
Chacawab
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:43 pm

ParisStag wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:The Mansfield Down flag and gleefully enjoying our fate with the sheep lovers has come back to haunt them now for sure it seems.

Don't bet against it.

They won't go bust. A club like Notts will always find a buyer, but it may not be the one they want and it may not be in time to stop them going down. That's the hope anyway.

What is a club like Notts?

Bottom of the league, multi millions in debt, don't own the ground with a squad on a very big budget. Favourites to get relegated with only 12 games to go and still paying off previous managers with long contracts and their major loan provider in administration meaning loans will probably be called in.

I think they will be lucky if it stops as administration and not liquidation. Best scenario is they are playing in conference north and are still in existence. Likely hood they are AFC Notts County and working their way back up the pyramid. Anyone know where they can get a half reasonable ground fully equipped for wheelchairs and loads of toilets?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:49 pm

Interested that if a deal was in the pipeline/agreed, the paragon collapse will have shifted the goalposts massively?
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:25 pm

Surely they will get given a points deduction.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:28 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:Surely they will get given a points deduction.

Why, Paragon are not in the league?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:34 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

You what ? This is what Rob Dorset said on Twitter (reliable source)
Paragon Group is now in administration, in a move that’s a real threat to #notts county’s future. Administrators Leonard Curtis could call in the £7m loan given to Notts by Paragon, forcing the club also into admin and a points deduction. Hardy maintains it won’t affect the club.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:44 pm

Walt Disney been writing again......

Notts County owner Alan Hardy's design company Paragon Interiors Group has gone into administration.

The 55-year-old said earlier this week that financial problems at the company would not affect the League Two club.

BBC Radio Nottingham reported the company lent money to Notts to buy and fund the club as part of Hardy's takeover deal in January 2017.

Hardy earlier said he would support Notts "as best" he could while dealing with "a very difficult situation".

In a statement on Monday, the local businessman said: Further to recent speculation about the financial performance of Paragon Interiors Group PLC and any impact this may have on Notts County Football Club, I want to assure supporters that the club will not be affected."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :mansfield_till_i_die:
Last edited by SINA STAG on Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:45 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

You what ? This is what Rob Dorset said on Twitter (reliable source)
Paragon Group is now in administration, in a move that’s a real threat to #notts county’s future. Administrators Leonard Curtis could call in the £7m loan given to Notts by Paragon, forcing the club also into admin and a points deduction. Hardy maintains it won’t affect the club.

Surely you believe Hardy :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:50 pm

Notts fans reckon the loans went through a holding company and not direct to notts.

Whether that changes anything I wouldn’t know.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:04 pm

Loans or no loans recalled, they’re losing £40k a week and there’s going to be no further plugging that gap
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:13 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:

Don't bet against it.

What is a club like Notts?

Bottom of the league, multi millions in debt, don't own the ground with a squad on a very big budget. Favourites to get relegated with only 12 games to go and still paying off previous managers with long contracts and their major loan provider in administration meaning loans will probably be called in.

I think they will be lucky if it stops as administration and not liquidation. Best scenario is they are playing in conference north and are still in existence. Likely hood they are AFC Notts County and working their way back up the pyramid. Anyone know where they can get a half reasonable ground fully equipped for wheelchairs and loads of toilets?

A club in a major city.
A club with a large fan-base for this league, let alone the one below.
A club with a better stadium and other facilities to work with than most other lower league clubs.
A club that, whether you want to keep hearing it or not, IS the oldest (professional club) in the world - that is an attraction to would be buyers who think they can market it.

Whatever division they're in, they'll attract interest. I'm not saying it will happen before they go into administration or go down, but it will happen before they go bust. Guaranteed.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum