{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: A Thread About Conference Club Notts County

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:34 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:I don’t for one second believe the highest paid player they had was on £2,500. There are at least 2-3 players that would’ve been on more than that

No idea if it is true or not, but plenty of rumours that Hemmings was on £8k per week at Oxford and the amount he asked for was one of the reasons we didnt make him a permanent signing. There were suggestions from County fans that he was on £6k+ per week with them.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:49 pm

I fancied a bit of non-league football tonight so had a drive down the road to Meadow Lane. Former Stags, Ben Turner and Mitch Rose were playing for County and Terry Hawkridge was playing for Solihull Moors. Solihull were the best side although County had the best chances to win the game. Ryan Boot made a good save from Boldewijn.

Solihull are a big physical National League side and looked dangerous from set pieces and long throws. They looked to hit Nathan Blissett up front with Jamey Osbourne and Alex Nicholls picking up the second ball. There was a massive height and size difference between Nathan Blissett and County's right back, Dion Kelly-Evans.

Jamey Osborne hit the bar from a free kick in the 2nd half for Solihull. County had a little bit of pressure near the end and Damien McCrory should have scored with a free header at the far post. County's Sponsors MOM was Jim O'Brien which I agreed with. Jamey Osborne, Jamie Reckord and Callum Howe played well for Solihull.

Well done to the bloke outside Meadow Lane giving out free NON LEAGUE papers.

Attendance: 4,152 (226 from Solihull including 1 Stags fan)

County did not look good enough tonight. Very little creativity going forward and they do not look the kind of side who are ready to grind results out twice a week in the National League. There was no County player who I thought could do a good job for the Stags. I'm not sure Neal Ardley is the right manager for the National League. I think they need to appoint a manger who knows the league. Paul Cox, Gary Mills, Graham Westley and Martin Allen are all available.

Solihull fans were complaining about having to spend £22 to watch a National League game.

The Spireites lost 3-2 at home to Halifax. Sheridan In!
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:22 am

According to Chaz n Stall it was utter cack. Chaz has become rather dispariging towards t'Pies in commo atm as though he can't believe it's that bad . Little snide comments beginning to crop up and laughs at the ineptitude on show. Bet he wishes MTFC had given commo rights to the Beeb now. I bet it's a depressing thought for him he's got potentially 2,3,4,5......more years of this. :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:30 am

Spiritater wrote:According to Chaz n Stall it was utter cack. Chaz has become rather dispariging towards t'Pies in commo atm as though he can't believe it's that bad . Little snide comments beginning to crop up and laughs at the ineptitude on show. Bet he wishes MTFC had given commo rights to the Beeb now. I bet it's a depressing thought for him he's got potentially 2,3,4,5......more years of this. :lol:

Be good to have Charlie Slater back here at some point. He does at least ask the questions that supporters want answers too. Stevo ( yes I know hes employed by the club) and Garner are just total powderpuff.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:46 am

I think Stevo does a very good job. He does ask lots of difficult direct questions after the game and at the press conferences. I listen to other League 2 managers being interviewed by members of the press after games and they will not ask similar direct questions.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:20 am

victor A block wrote:
Spiritater wrote:According to Chaz n Stall it was utter cack. Chaz has become rather dispariging towards t'Pies in commo atm as though he can't believe it's that bad . Little snide comments beginning to crop up and laughs at the ineptitude on show. Bet he wishes MTFC had given commo rights to the Beeb now. I bet it's a depressing thought for him he's got potentially 2,3,4,5......more years of this. :lol:

Be good to have Charlie Slater back here at some point. He does at least ask the questions that supporters want answers too. Stevo ( yes I know hes employed by the club) and Garner are just total powderpuff.

Stevo asked some pressing questions to Pearce in his interview this week. It wasn't powderpuff to me
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby NG17_stag » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:28 am

victor A block wrote:

Charlie Slater’s replacement, Jake, is bloody woeful.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ParisStag » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:40 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
victor A block wrote:

Stevo asked some pressing questions to Pearce in his interview this week. It wasn't powderpuff to me

Definitely. He went up in my estimation after that interview. Stevo basically asked Chief whether he thinks the manager is doing his job properly! :shock:
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:04 pm

ParisStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
victor A block wrote:

Definitely. He went up in my estimation after that interview. Stevo basically asked Chief whether he thinks the manager is doing his job properly! :shock:

Totally agree...Stevo let DF and JD off too many times previously but with JD after Exeter and KP this week he did a much improved job and made the interviews worthwhile not a PR exercise.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:27 pm

You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:31 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/notts-county-alan-hardy-former-owner-why-club-failed-i-got-seduced-industry-and-chased-success

Good honest insight , but walker on £5k a week ?? Did we pay that ??
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:45 am

Billy the fish wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/notts-county-alan-hardy-former-owner-why-club-failed-i-got-seduced-industry-and-chased-success

Good honest insight , but walker on £5k a week ?? Did we pay that ??

Most of it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:16 pm

Have Clownty not won the league yet ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:11 pm

Agreed let,s just dump them
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:30 pm

Notts County probably have the best squad in the league, surprised they're not doing much better! (happily to be proven wrong, I don't really know, this just a guess)

Ardleys record is shocking... only won 8 out of 40!
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:20 pm

Alan Hardy is seriously ill. He needs to get counselling about using social media.

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:49 am

Loving NCFC's reply. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:30 pm

Just to wind Edders up they are having 2 new scoreboards funded by donations
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:06 pm

The One wrote:Just to wind Edders up they are having 2 new scoreboards funded by donations

Hope they’re not sponsored by Hardy’s twitter account :D
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:28 pm

Their enthusiasm for operable scoreboard(s) does them credit. It makes our pathetic scrapyard edifices look even more lamentable.

Someone tell me how much a decent scoreboard costs and I will happily make the first donation to crowd-funding.

Nothing flash needed. Even poor old Macclesfield had a decent scoreboard. One like that on the North Stand roof would suffice.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:34 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Their enthusiasm for operable scoreboard(s) does them credit. It makes our pathetic scrapyard edifices look even more lamentable.

Someone tell me how much a decent scoreboard costs and I will happily make the first donation to crowd-funding.

Nothing flash needed. Even poor old Macclesfield had a decent scoreboard. One like that on the North Stand roof would suffice.

I think having one side of the ground without a stand and 2 scoreboards that don’t work something to be proud of.

Not something you could boast at the etihad, nou camp or white hart lane is it?

Never really got the point of scoreboards, being able to count I usually was able to fathom the score by myself (unless we’re at home to barrow :lol: )
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby weststander » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:50 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Their enthusiasm for operable scoreboard(s) does them credit. It makes our pathetic scrapyard edifices look even more lamentable.

I'd rather donate money towards an improved PA system, ours is terrible.
It reminds me of the tinny cassette players you'd get in the 80s made by saisho or Unicef
weststander
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby wink68 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:59 pm

adamstag wrote:

I think having one side of the ground without a stand and 2 scoreboards that don’t work something to be proud of.

Never really got the point of scoreboards, being able to count I usually was able to fathom the score by myself (unless we’re at home to barrow :lol: )

Or at home to Cambridge.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:50 pm

wink68 wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Or at home to Cambridge.

Essentially, a scoreboard at the Wonk is of little use for away fixtures!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:28 am

If Booiship programmed the scoreboard on 90 minutes it will say.....

At the end of the game please leave quietly if you need to clap please keep to a minimum.

Anyone caught Booing will be recorded by the Stewards n spoken to by Drew at the next home game.....

Have a safe journey Home....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum