{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Poor Old Big Al’s Notts County

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:04 pm

Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:14 pm

oh noooo that’s really sad.........MWAAAAAHHHH !!!!!
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:45 am

To save Macc will be a great achievement for Sol if he does it considering their budget and poor support. At Xmas they were nailed on to go down but as we saw when we played them at t'Mill they have something about them and are a half decent team when they want to be. Sol would be a contender for Manager of the Season in Lge 2 if he keeps them up imo. Creepy now come into the equation at the bottom having picked up only 6 points from the last 30 available (one against us :oops: ) and are on a run of 4 straight defeats. It was a massive result for Macc last night and you could almost feel the hope dashed in Nottingham and in the other bedwetters homes elsewhere as Macc scored the late winner :lol:

With 5 games to go and looking at the fixtures for each it's going to be a nail biter for all involved.

Oh, the little crumb of comfort for beating the Stags reserves earlier in the day must've helped soften the blow... mustn't it eh! :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:38 am

Its started on the County message board already. It won't be a disaster if we go down. Play the kids, walk the confrence and then storm league 2. Bet York and Stockport thought the same.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:46 am

County in court today.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:46 am

Spiritater wrote:To save Macc will be a great achievement for Sol if he does it considering their budget and poor support. At Xmas they were nailed on to go down but as we saw when we played them at t'Mill they have something about them and are a half decent team when they want to be. Sol would be a contender for Manager of the Season in Lge 2 if he keeps them up imo. Creepy now come into the equation at the bottom having picked up only 6 points from the last 30 available (one against us :oops: ) and are on a run of 4 straight defeats. It was a massive result for Macc last night and you could almost feel the hope dashed in Nottingham and in the other bedwetters homes elsewhere as Macc scored the late winner :lol:

With 5 games to go and looking at the fixtures for each it's going to be a nail biter for all involved.

Oh, the little crumb of comfort for beating the Stags reserves earlier in the day must've helped soften the blow... mustn't it eh! :lol:

Crawley got to play Yeovil and County yet too
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:49 am

wink68 wrote:Its started on the County message board already. It won't be a disaster if we go down. Play the kids, walk the confrence and then storm league 2. Bet York and Stockport thought the same.

T'is a wonder the Pies messageboard isn't flooded with the amount of blood about after all the wrist slitting post the Macc game. The 'Macclesfield Watch' thread is a great read, from the highs of Exeter being 1-2 up to the depths of despair with Macc's late winner is a classic :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:08 am

Spiritater wrote:
wink68 wrote:Its started on the County message board already. It won't be a disaster if we go down. Play the kids, walk the confrence and then storm league 2. Bet York and Stockport thought the same.

T'is a wonder the Pies messageboard isn't flooded with the amount of blood about after all the wrist slitting post the Macc game. The 'Macclesfield Watch' thread is a great read, from the highs of Exeter being 1-2 up to the depths of despair with Macc's late winner is a classic :D

It's comedy gold. One deluded fool has said "a promotion challenge in The National League has got to be more fun than the lower reaches of League 2"

Oh he'll regret that statement, apart from Hereford away I can't think of any enjoyment whatsoever, even Wrexham was purgatory
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:19 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

It's comedy gold. One deluded fool has said "a promotion challenge in The National League has got to be more fun than the lower reaches of League 2"

Oh he'll regret that statement, apart from Hereford away I can't think of any enjoyment whatsoever, even Wrexham was purgatory

Always enjoyed the trips to Tamworth :D
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

A promotion challenge in L2 is much better :D

All the usual stuff re a team threatened with non-league conference football, the 'we'll walk it' comment is a classic, Cheaterfield found out it ain't that simple as have many others before them.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:42 am

As a comparison with 5 games to go in 07/08 we had one more point than the bedwetters do now. I don't think we had a big carrot within reach at the time like Clownty do now with Macclesfield. Here's me thinking that Clownty need at the very least two wins and a draw to have a chance to avoid the trapdoor.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:48 am

Spiritater wrote:As a comparison with 5 games to go in 07/08 we had one more point than the bedwetters do now. I don't think we had a big carrot within reach at the time like Clownty do now with Macclesfield. Here's me thinking that Clownty need at the very least two wins and a draw to have a chance to avoid the trapdoor.

I've no doubt whatsoever that they will make the great escape again, I think they'll also do us a favour along the way by taking points off MK.

P.s I sincerely hope they prove me right on the MK one, then go down
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:56 am

A draw against MK would be the ideal result, taking points from Mk but not getting the 3 points they need so desperately... so long as we beat Kev's crew at the same time t'would give us a bit of space. That is of course assuming we get the required result against the Clobbers. Tranny v MK is at the same time as we play the Clobbers and it'd be great if they drew also.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:26 pm

Already said to the county fan at work that the conference (or national league as it is now!) is all about going places you’ve never heard of and losing!
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:23 pm

County’s hearing has been postponed until the 5th June due to a deal being done to sell the club on the 7th May. All depends on what division they are in.

Fingers crossed.............
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:25 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:County’s hearing has been postponed until the 5th June due to a deal being done to sell the club on the 7th May. All depends on what division they are in.

I hope they have provided the court with documentary proof of who is buying them. I'll believe it when I see it.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:16 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:County’s hearing has been postponed until the 5th June due to a deal being done to sell the club on the 7th May. All depends on what division they are in.

I hope they have provided the court with documentary proof of who is buying them. I'll believe it when I see it.

I think the buyers are Elwood P.Dowd and his imaginary 6 ft rabbit friend Harvey from the James Stewart film.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:18 pm

Company called Hexagon I believe.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:27 pm

victor A block wrote:

Company called Hexagon I believe.

Is that because a Hexagon is the only chance that County will have of having six points in the conference come the end of August next season?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:12 pm

Plenty of companies called Hexagon in the world, I wonder which one it is?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Staggyfox » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:51 pm

Spiritater wrote:Plenty of companies called Hexagon in the world, I wonder which one it is?

Probably one step up the ladder from Pentagon....just realised its Paragon... :lol:
Staggyfox
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:25 pm

They ain't down you know.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:53 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:They ain't down you know.

They can't get any lower than they are right now. :D
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:38 pm

just enjoy the sanctimonious twits are at the bottom and let’s just enjoy it while it lasts even if they do stay up who cares it’s great just to see him hitting rock bottom ha ha
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:40 pm

Need Yeovil to beat Crawley on Saturday. I cannot see Macclesfield getting anything at Nailsworth. County could beat Crewe away after winning at Stevenage and Carlisle. It depends which Crewe side turns up.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum