{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: A Thread About Conference Club Notts County

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:15 am

Even with all thier worries and even if they go down to Conf North in the eyes of t'Beeb they're still the 2nd biggest club in the county. They'll still get to hog the airwaves on a Sat, have first dibs on post match interviews and we'll be left with updates into thier full big match commo from somewhere like Leamington .
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:21 am

For all the hatred on here be many so-called football fans, County are actually a friendly club behind the scenes and have done a lot to encourage families and young kids to Meadow Lane which has seen stable attendances despite their predicament. For many years they have had permanent good kids offers, not just single match offers (e.g. kids free, or £1 etc). Most County fans (there are quite a few here in Farnsfield) are good folk who support their club through and thin, and don't deserve the usual bile dished up by the usual sad angry mob on here. 9 out of 10 of them didn't gloat when we went down. It will be a very sad day for Nottinghamshire football if they fold. As to the BBC, it's often been the Stags that have refused to give them right to the coverage, plus you can hardly blame the BBC for wanting to give more coverage to the club that has a lot more fans than us
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby m1cksut » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:24 am

victor A block wrote:Would never wish a club out of business . A few years in non league....yes . Far too many of them revelled in our non league years for me to think any different . The chip has dropped off the shoulder and many of them might be better for it when they do return .

i doubt it, they will be full of how great they were in non league,biggest club ever in the bananarama league, oldest pro club in the world, we inspired juventus you know, alan hardy is actually good for the club, blah blah, blah

IF they ever get back in the proper league, that is.
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:35 am

Last season I went to meadow lane to watch England v Brazil , a bloke in the club shop saw my
Stags badge laughed & said he felt sorry for me ! :roll:
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:38 am

Y'shuda nutted him.:lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:18 am

Just about every county fan I have ever met believes they are a far bigger club and the Dingles should learn their place in the world. They think the same about the town and fail to look at The Meadows, Crab Tree Farm and Bestwood Estates and that's not even touching on Hyson Green and the other modern slums they call a city. Admittedly this is also valid for most folk from Shottingham but that is beside the point.

I won't be sad at their demise and still think the club will fold as there are no assets to strip. We will see how many of their supporters have the dedication and will to start again and would wager it will be less than 1000.

Time will tell but my money is on them not starting the new season at least not in the conference premiership. Can they even afford to get to their fixtures in the south? I doubt it.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:21 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Just about every county fan I have ever met believes they are a far bigger club and the Dingles should learn their place in the world. They think the same about the town and fail to look at The Meadows, Crab Tree Farm and Bestwood Estates and that's not even touching on Hyson Green and the other modern slums they call a city. Admittedly this is also valid for most folk from Shottingham but that is beside the point.

I won't be sad at their demise and still think the club will fold as there are no assets to strip. We will see how many of their supporters have the dedication and will to start again and would wager it will be less than 1000.

Time will tell but my money is on them not starting the new season at least not in the conference premiership. Can they even afford to get to their fixtures in the south? I doubt it.

Puts its perfectly for me sir and i only lived a mile away from meadow lane
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:35 am

Spiritater wrote:Y'shuda nutted him.:lol:

:lol: I really wanted to
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:43 am

I live in Nottingham and know a few Notts fans. I always have friendly banter, as you'd expect with any rivals, but it's never nasty. When we went down, they took the pee. When they went down, I returned the favour. But they don't have anything major against us (like Chesterfield) and they're a family club. I hope they sort it and get him out of their club.

On the arrogance towards Mansfield thing, that's just a Nottingham thing in general. The first thing I hear from anyone in Nottingham when I mention Mansfield is that it's racist, stuck in the 70s, a dump, inbred, blah blah blah. As for poverty, Nottingham has its fair share and its probably worse than Mansfield, but I'll stick up for Hyson Green. My favourite part of the city. Quality food options and cultural events. I was on the Forest rec yesterday listening to African music and eating BBQ in the sun!
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:59 pm

Hyson greens great on a sunny saturday afternoon ,when theres a festival or something on ,but i wouldn,t like to walk through it on my own at night likewise i lived in wilford village for awhile and would walk through the meadows during the day to get into nottingham ,not at night though
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:37 pm

spanishstag wrote:Hyson greens great on a sunny saturday afternoon ,when theres a festival or something on ,but i wouldn,t like to walk through it on my own at night likewise i lived in wilford village for awhile and would walk through the meadows during the day to get into nottingham ,not at night though

Don’t Paul and Tina Broughton have a corner shop in The Meadows?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:09 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Hyson greens great on a sunny saturday afternoon ,when theres a festival or something on ,but i wouldn,t like to walk through it on my own at night likewise i lived in wilford village for awhile and would walk through the meadows during the day to get into nottingham ,not at night though

If they have i never shopped there ,believe it or not the meadows was one of the most vibrant areas of nottingham ,now its a wasteland
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:25 pm

spanishstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

If they have i never shopped there ,believe it or not the meadows was one of the most vibrant areas of nottingham ,now its a wasteland

Correct and it was where all the other 30,000 county lived back in the day lol.

You know, when they were allegedly a big club.

Good riddance, i say.
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BigGuy » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:33 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Bet it sells crappy half and half scarfs.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:19 pm

Has Big Al not sold his world famous massive club yet then ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Field Mill » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:30 pm

Im embarrassed reading some of the bile on this thread. Anyone wanting to see the demise of a football club is beneath contempt. Sure, laugh at your rivals and glory in beating and eclipsing them, but wanting a club gone? With all the resultant loss of jobs, erosion of history and further movement of the game towards an elitist TV event? Not in my name. To those that want this, please don't come to any more Stag s matches. I don't want to be on the same planet as you, let alone in the same stadium.
Field Mill
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:53 pm

Field Mill wrote:Im embarrassed reading some of the bile on this thread. Anyone wanting to see the demise of a football club is beneath contempt. Sure, laugh at your rivals and glory in beating and eclipsing them, but wanting a club gone? With all the resultant loss of jobs, erosion of history and further movement of the game towards an elitist TV event? Not in my name. To those that want this, please don't come to any more Stag s matches. I don't want to be on the same planet as you, let alone in the same stadium.

Simples - don't go then.

Why are Notts County any more special than any other club from the elite of the premiership to the likes of Tow Law Town?

No-one wants people to lose their jobs but neither did I want the people who were employed by Hardy's other companies to lose theirs simply to keep a white elephant afloat.

Football clubs do not have a Devine right to exist and if they are being badly run and failing to pay their debts why shouldn't they go to the wall? Why should other sections of society suffer simply to keep a club playing what is essentially a game?

If you want to take the moral high ground, at least get on the side of people who are innocent in the whole sorry mess and appear to have been confined to the scrap heap without a whimper.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:15 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Field Mill wrote:Im embarrassed reading some of the bile on this thread. Anyone wanting to see the demise of a football club is beneath contempt. Sure, laugh at your rivals and glory in beating and eclipsing them, but wanting a club gone? With all the resultant loss of jobs, erosion of history and further movement of the game towards an elitist TV event? Not in my name. To those that want this, please don't come to any more Stag s matches. I don't want to be on the same planet as you, let alone in the same stadium.

Simples - don't go then.

Why are Notts County any more special than any other club from the elite of the premiership to the likes of Tow Law Town?

No-one wants people to lose their jobs but neither did I want the people who were employed by Hardy's other companies to lose theirs simply to keep a white elephant afloat.

Football clubs do not have a Devine right to exist and if they are being badly run and failing to pay their debts why shouldn't they go to the wall? Why should other sections of society suffer simply to keep a club playing what is essentially a game?

If you want to take the moral high ground, at least get on the side of people who are innocent in the whole sorry mess and appear to have been confined to the scrap heap without a whimper.

Well said, sirrah
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:24 pm

Ive been called many a thing in my life ,but beneath contempt ,never ,i now cosider myself posh ,a double barrelled name ,poor old nutts :lol:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:24 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:

Simples - don't go then.

Well said, sirrah

Got no time what soever for Clownty and their stuck up bed wetting fan base
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:25 pm

Cupid stunt alert
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Field Mill » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:46 pm

spanishstag wrote:

Cupid stunt alert

You ever read a book? Just asking....
Field Mill
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:47 pm

Do I "want" County to go out of business? No
Will I lose any sleep if they do go out of business? Also, no.

Will I gloat if they do go out of business? No

Am I enjoying the ride so far? Absolutely.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:38 pm

Field Mill wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Cupid stunt alert

You ever read a book? Just asking....

He’s a bit “Trumpesque” Field Mill ;)
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:16 am

Most Stags fans won't want County to fold, or at the very worst the are ambivalent about the whole episode.

Most fans probably do want Hardy to suffer though. A bit of humility and humbleness will do him good, and hopefully stop him making the same arrogant mistakes again.

I don't think County have helped their cause by having previous bucket shaking exercises and then overspending, only to repeat the same hardship. As a club they struggle badly to live within their means
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum