{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mansfield Town FC Under 18's

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Mansfield Town FC Under 19's

Postby bear 73 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:05 pm

Thanks for the match report, their lies the future
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:06 pm

Thanks for the match report their lies the future
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:16 pm

Mansfield Town U19 6 Salford City U19 0 (HT: 2-0)

An excellent win for the young Stags with striker Mckeal Abdullah scoring a hat-trick and Alfie King, Ronnie Kokkinos and trialist Dan Organ also getting on the scoresheet.

Charlie George (Alfie King) gave the Stags the lead in the 6th minute from a great cross from the right by Taylor Anderson who had been played in by Finn Flanagan. Ronnie Kokkinos and Darien Wauchope tested the Salford keeper and left back Louis Bonser hit the bar when the ball fell to him from a corner and he blasted the rebound over. It was a great chance but Bonser had a very good game and was my MOM Mvkeal Abdullah finally made it 2-0 on 37 minutes with a shot that was blocked but looped over the keeper after Finn Flanagan's shot had been saved. HT: 2-0

Great play by centre half Darien Wauchope on the left on 73 minutes. He dribbled into the area on the left and played a ball across the goal for Ronnie Kokkinos to tap in. 0n 79 minutes trialist Dan Organ's shot was pushed away by the keeper but Abdullah was at the back post to make it 4-0.

More good play from Louis Bonser on 82 minutes resulted in a cross from by from the left for Abdullah to fire home and complete his hat-trick. Trialist Dan Organ (U16) then completed the scoring on 86 minutes after Abdullah had played him.

MOM: Louis Bonser

Theo Avery
Taylor Anderson, Cormac Maher (U16), Darien Wauchope, Louis Bonser
Charlie Carter
Finn Flanagan, Ronnie Kokkinos, Jakub Kruszynski
Mckeal Abdullah, Alfie King
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:31 pm

bear 73 wrote:Thanks for the match report their lies the future

They won't even get a chance on the bench under Clough, sooner put crocked oap's or 3 keepers on there..
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:13 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:03 pm

full match available to watch:

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby broomo » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:30 pm

scotsstag wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Thanks for the match report their lies the future

They won't even get a chance on the bench under Clough, sooner put crocked oap's or 3 keepers on there..

This is a bloke who built his team around Will Hughes (17) and Jeff Hendrick (18) as well as giving Mason Bennett his debut at 15, Mark O'Brien his debut at 16, Tom Carroll his debut at 16 and lined up with a back four of Freeman (20) O'Brien (17) Gjokaj (19) and Hogansen (19).

Who gave debuts to Otis Kahn, Dominic Calvert Lewin and Louis Reed before they were 19, who signed Che Adams at 19.

Who gave league debuts to Reece Hutchinson, Joe Sbarra, Joe Powell at 18.

You think he doesn't trust youth? You literally have no clue.

If any of the current crop of Mansfield youngsters show enough promise they will get a chance.

So far none of them have. No conspiracy just cold hard facts.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:46 pm

Charles, Clarke, Ward, Caine, Law, Sinclair, Law, Cooper, all young players played for Mansfield first team under Clough.
During a transfer window it was stated from board level Mansfield had to many players on the books.
Sharpe said could be 3-4 years before the academy players came through our main squad is under 19.
And some of these has been on the bench.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:54 pm

When was it stated from board level the squad was to big ?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:00 pm

bear 73 wrote:Charles, Clarke, Ward, Caine, Law, Sinclair, Law, Cooper, all young players played for Mansfield first team under Clough.
During a transfer window it was stated from board level Mansfield had to many players on the books.
Sharpe said could be 3-4 years before the academy players came through our main squad is under 19.

And some of them have been kept off the bench while a goalkeeping coach has occupied a place on it despite a reserve keeper also being there.

I can understand why a manager would want his best players available during a promotion campaign and wouldn’t criticise him for not using youth but chances on the bench have been restricted and filled by injured players or the coach. I suppose you could argue that it makes little difference if they won’t get minutes anyway but being part of the match day squad can only motivate young players.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:10 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Charles, Clarke, Ward, Caine, Law, Sinclair, Law, Cooper, all young players played for Mansfield first team under Clough.

And some of them have been kept off the bench while a goalkeeping coach has occupied a place on it despite a reserve keeper also being there.

I can understand why a manager would want his best players available during a promotion campaign and wouldn’t criticise him for not using youth but chances on the bench have been restricted and filled by injured players or the coach. I suppose you could argue that it makes little difference if they won’t get minutes anyway but being part of the match day squad can only motivate young players.

This! How galling must it be for the youth team players that we'd rather put 2 keepers on the bench before they get on. For me a sub GK is a waste based on a rare occurrence happening, but that's just me. Anderson was on the bench but only because there was no other option.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:13 pm

gazza1988 wrote:

This! How galling must it be for the youth team players that we'd rather put 2 keepers on the bench before they get on. For me a sub GK is a waste based on a rare occurrence happening, but that's just me. Anderson was on the bench but only because there was no other option.

Was it an away game?

Perhaps Anderson was the only youth teamer who travelled.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:26 pm

broomo wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

Was it an away game?

Perhaps Anderson was the only youth teamer who travelled.

Surely a manager would have a good idea who is and isn't available. bring YT lads along for the experience of match day. Can be just as, if not more, valuable than playing against other kids. Train pre-match with the first team and HT with the subs. Experience the atmosphere on match days and first team team talks.

Unless we are extremely unfortunate Collin won't get a game. So even if the YT lads don't get on the pitch it's no different than usual.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:27 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:When was it stated from board level the squad was to big ?

It was during a transfer live feed and Sharpe was on the phone and the amount of youth players on the books came up.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:30 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:15 pm

We had two keepers on the bench at Walsall because Nigel Clough did not find out that Elliott Hewitt was ill until 10.00pm on New Years Eve. The players had already done their preperation and shape work including Taylor Anderson. I imagine most of the youth team were already celebrating the New Year and were eating party food and having a few beers so perhaps not the best time to bring another one of them in.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:54 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:47 am

Who knew mansfield were such a hotbed of Irish goalkeeping talent.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:01 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:43 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:26 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:30 pm

Perhaps we should have 3G pitches in League Two, and then I wouldn’t have been stuck in watching Geoff Stelling all afternoon.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:44 pm

part time pete wrote:Perhaps we should have 3G pitches in League Two, and then I wouldn’t have been stuck in watching Geoff Stelling all afternoon.

I don’t know how people can do that every week. Bored the tits off me today.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:28 pm

full match video

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:15 pm