{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Expected crowd

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Expected crowd

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:26 am

Yes agreed, £11 is a lot more realistic than 20, with the financial climate and 3 games in a week....hopefully 4200+
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:50 am

No excuses for the dilly dalliers atm. If we can't beat t'Newport att it'll be :cry:
Last edited by Spiritater on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:12 am

Richard Cranium wrote:Should be about 5000 given everyone saved their £20s in the week for this one...

Attendance will be between 3600-4000.
It might take a few more five star performances to put an extra thousand or so on the gate (like the 2001 season)
Hope I am wrong and we get 4500-5000 but I have my doubts.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:12 am

Spiritater wrote:No excuses for the dilly dalliers atm. I we can't beat t'Newport att it'll be :cry:

Zzzzzzzzzzz
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:15 am

This time of year and with Col U's minscule away support anything over 4,000 would be good.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:23 am

Y'can zzzzzzz all you like but the U's will bring more than Newport. As I say if the crowd is less than the Port game it'll mean a substantial amount of home fans have become apathetic and walked to watch the Prem on tele instead. Anything less than 4423 thus Sat is a kick in the teeth for the players and JR after the way they've been performing..
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:31 am

Spiritater wrote:Y'can zzzzzzz all you like but the U's will bring more than Newport. As I say if the crowd is less than the Port game it'll mean a substantial amount of home fans have become apathetic and walked to watch the Prem on tele instead. Anything less than 4423 thus Sat is a kick in the teeth for the players and JR after the way they've been performing..

Zzzzzzzzzzzz
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:42 am

Spiritater wrote:Y'can zzzzzzz all you like but the U's will bring more than Newport. As I say if the crowd is less than the Port game it'll mean a substantial amount of home fans have become apathetic and walked to watch the Prem on tele instead. Anything less than 4423 thus Sat is a kick in the teeth for the players and JR after the way they've been performing..

Newport brought 320.
Col Us last two visits to the wonk they've brought 163 & 237. They've had a good start so they might make 300 tomorrow but I doubt it.

How may mates have you encouraged to come since you started this weekly bitchfest about gates? The square root of fuckall I'm guessing.

Our gates have been showing an increase over the last couple of years, but you just keep boring on.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:53 am

Sneag wrote:

Newport brought 320.
Col Us last two visits to the wonk they've brought 163 & 237. They've had a good start so they might make 300 tomorrow but I doubt it.

How may mates have you encouraged to come since you started this weekly bitchfest about gates? The square root of fuckall I'm guessing.

Our gates have been showing an increase over the last couple of years, but you just keep boring on.

Yeh, Spiro. Change the flipping’ record.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:54 am

Most of my mates couldn't care a frog's poo about the local club sadly, much like the majority of the town.

However I've gotten 3-4 to go on occasion. I've seen that double decker bus load pull up on QL on a matchday though with the sign in the window, 'Sneag's mates courtesy bus', well done bud.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:59 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Newport brought 320.

Yeh, Spiro. Change the flipping’ record.

I'll stop when I want to sunshine.
If the crowd Sat is below 4k then we'll discuss it further, I'm sure there'll be plenty on here ready to excuse those stopping in t'pub to watch their 'proper team'.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:03 am

I think it might slightly drop compared to the Newport game, but if we keep form going I imagine the next couple of home games could be closer to the 4500 mark (home fans only)
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:48 am

Spiritater wrote:Most of my mates couldn't care a frog's poo about the local club sadly, much like the majority of the town.

However I've gotten 3-4 to go on occasion. I've seen that double decker bus load pull up on QL on a matchday though with the sign in the window, 'Sneag's mates courtesy bus', well done bud.

What an arsehole coment.

Anybody who pulls one extra body a season through the turnstiles is doing more than you. I try to get a dozen or so a season, the problem is they are committed fans of other clubs, but their £ spends and you never know one day they may have an epithany.

One thing that certainly won't encourage more locals to attend is sanctemonious strawberries slagging them off for not wanting to shell out top dollar for what has been a pretty crap product for at least the last 15 years.

It's all about VFM for the average punter and what is a fair price for 4th division football to us trainspotters is outrageously expensive to 'normal' people.

The club also needs to up it's game off the pitch. There's some good offers on to make the games more affordable, but where are they advertising. Do the residents of Mansfield who like football but don't go on Stagnate on the official site even have a clue about the family tickets or the now full QLE membership. Stags always seem to be preaching to the converted.

Why are walk up matchday tickets for u18 so frigging expensive?

If the club what cashless turnstiles, then that ticket booth needs all 5 windows staffed on a matchday and each window needs a card machine with a decent wireless connection.

So much has improved at Stags in the last 6 or 7 years, but when it comes to selling the club to the town, the club still has loads of room for improvement.

It's not a just question of why don't the locals want to support the club, it's as much a case of why isn't the club making coming to games a no brainer for the town?
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:58 am

Amen, to that brother.
Especially the bit about the ticket booths and having the right equipment. It's embarrassing when we get a larger than average gate, at the moment.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby stagmad » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:18 pm

Best 20quid I've spent on football for a long time,I'm goin for 4,450 tomorrow it seems to be the talk of the town now
stagmad
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:40 pm

Sneag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Most of my mates couldn't care a frog's poo about the local club sadly, much like the majority of the town.

What an arsehole coment.

Anybody who pulls one extra body a season through the turnstiles is doing more than you. I try to get a dozen or so a season, the problem is they are committed fans of other clubs, but their £ spends and you never know one day they may have an epithany.

One thing that certainly won't encourage more locals to attend is sanctemonious strawberries slagging them off for not wanting to shell out top dollar for what has been a pretty crap product for at least the last 15 years.

It's all about VFM for the average punter and what is a fair price for 4th division football to us trainspotters is outrageously expensive to 'normal' people.

The club also needs to up it's game off the pitch. There's some good offers on to make the games more affordable, but where are they advertising. Do the residents of Mansfield who like football but don't go on Stagnate on the official site even have a clue about the family tickets or the now full QLE membership. Stags always seem to be preaching to the converted.

If the club what cashless turnstiles, then that ticket booth needs all 5 windows staffed on a matchday and each window needs a card machine with a decent wireless connection.

So much has improved at Stags in the last 6 or 7 years, but when it comes to selling the club to the town, the club still has loads of room for improvement.

It's not a just question of why don't the locals want to support the club, it's as much a case of why isn't the club making coming to games a no brainer for the town?

Spot on.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:00 pm

Sneag wrote:It's all about VFM for the average punter and what is a fair price for 4th division football to us trainspotters is outrageously expensive to 'normal' people.

Correct. Ten points to Sneag College, Woodhus.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:44 pm

I predict 4645

Away attendance 298
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:49 pm

<Something about apathy> rinse. repeat
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:25 pm

As of midday today about 140-150 away tickets sold.
Good to see 2190+ season tickets sold though.

4100 for me !!

COYS
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:38 am

Forest away, county played last night, might get a few floaters coming today especially as we are looking good and scoring for fun. Still holiday season though so my prediction is 4250, with 250 away fans.

:mtfc:
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Big yella » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:24 am

Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:28 am

tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:30 am

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:45 am

Colchester always seem to bring a good few for a Saturday game.

I think we should match the Newport attendance at around 4400.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum